Thread: Bush hogging in a skirt

Bush hogging in a skirt

Yesterday afternoon, it was fairly warm, so I decided I'd cut my lower field before the brush had a chance to take over, next Spring. I was wearing a denim skirt and a sweater. It felt so nice that I decided not to change. I got out the tractor, checked the oil and hydraulic fluid and hooked up the bush hog. Then I climbed into the seat. I was really enjoying myself when I heard a car horn. It was our mail lady who had pulled into the driveway to turn around before putting the mail in the box. She asked if I wanted the mail, or just put it into the box. I told her to put it into the box and I'd get it later. She said she liked the kilt I was wearing.(She has seen me kilted before) I just said thank you and she went on her way. Something in me wanted to correct her and say, it's a skirt, but I didn't do it.
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"

I've done a lot of yard work in a kilt. Now my neighbors think nothing of seeing me in one. My one neighbor, who I'd have expected to have the most reaction, has seen me in one many many times and has even come up the driveway to talk to me for a while while I was in a kilt. He had no reaction at all.

I have some skirts that ALMOST look the same as my kilts, so I figure that it is a small step to wearing them outside, since the neighbors who see me in them probably just assume it is another kilt (at least from a distance).

So far, so good!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I've done a lot of yard work in a kilt. Now my neighbors think nothing of seeing me in one. My one neighbor, who I'd have expected to have the most reaction, has seen me in one many many times and has even come up the driveway to talk to me for a while while I was in a kilt. He had no reaction at all.

I have some skirts that ALMOST look the same as my kilts, so I figure that it is a small step to wearing them outside, since the neighbors who see me in them probably just assume it is another kilt (at least from a distance).

So far, so good!
    I do have a small advantage. I live in the country, and I can see my nearest neighbors yard with binoculars after the leaves have fallen off of the trees, so I most always wear skirts when doing yard work, unless it's someyhing where I have to crawl around on the ground.
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"

minis

i do all or gardening in mini skirts now
    and usually wear heels as well.
    it feels so nice with the sun on you in a strappy top and bare legs