Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should You Dress Your Age.

Banned Read only

Should You Dress Your Age.

I hear this a lot here that a CD should dress there age, why would you want to dress your age to many here have that grand mother look by dressing there age, they say you should dress conserved as to fit in and not draw attention to your self........ok I can see that, they say you should dress your age to help you to pass..........I do not buy that.

You can wear what ever you want but if you do not have confidence in your self you will not pass and you will draw attention to your self, I look at my self I will be 50 in 2008 I love to wear low waist micro mini skirts and
    short tops but my attitude and the confidence I have in my self is what give me that killer instinct as a cross dresser................and not my age.

LA CINDY LOVE

In my closet, I'll wear what I like; any age, tarty, whatever turns me on. But If I ever venture outside the door, I'll want to blend in, but I'll also want to look good. I don't want to dress my real 63, or at the other extreem, 23; 43 would probably be about right. I didn't become a CDer to look like MY grandmother, even though I'm a grandfather.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by LA CINDY LOVE View Post
    I hear this a lot here that a CD should dress there age, why would you want to dress your age to many here have that grand mother look by dressing there age, they say you should dress conserved as to fit in and not draw attention to your self........ok I can see that, they say you should dress your age to help you to pass..........I do not buy that.

You can wear what ever you want but if you do not have confidence in your self you will not pass and you will draw attention to your self, I look at my self I will be 50 in 2008 I love to wear low waist micro mini skirts and
    short tops but my attitude and the confidence I have in my self is what give me that killer instinct as a cross dresser................and not my age.

LA CINDY LOVE
    I totally agree, I'm 55 and wear lots of younger more missy type clothes, They fit me great as I am 6 foot tall and guess I'm a bit on the skinny side at 147 lbs. I found out 2 years ago that I have Crohn's Disease and it affects my eating habits so dont really eat alot as i get full very quickly. I have been maintaining that weight as i really don't want to lose more. But for the main thing is that with me being a skinny B***** LOL i guess it allows me to pull it off even better. Besides the clothing is really sexy and beautiful that is being made for the younger crowd. Age aint nothing but a thing I always say. Im young at heart as well so just do what feels good and dont worry about what others think anymore.

My
    Susan Michelle

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Well, let's see! I am actually 75, but told everybody at my birthday party that the invitations were wrong. It should have said 35! But I don't think I could pass as a 35 year old woman. Heck, I can't pass as a woman of any age!!

I don't want to look like my older sister, or a grandmother! I just want to look like a somewhat classy lady of indetirminate age! I do go out in public dressed that way, but not trying to pass. No wig, and no makeup!

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Absolutely!!!!

[SIZE="4"]Absolutely you should dress your age, it just depends on what age you feel like. I wear tight low rise jeans and 5 inch heels most everywhere I go and tight tops to accentuate what I can. I may be older but I feel like a teen...

Just another sister,

Tami
    [/SIZE]

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Your as old as you feel.

You need to dress as you see fit. Not an age or an era. You dress for looks, comfort, and sometimes affordability, haha. You will also dress for an occasion. You will dress differently if you are home or out and about. If you are out, you should dress not to call attention to yourself in a negative fashion.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Everyone is free to do whatever they want, and even though people say that you should dress your age, there's no obligation to follow that, so to say, fashion rule.
    For those prefer not to do that, they should at least present themselves properly by dressing in appropriate attire for wherever they're going or whatever the occasion.
    You don't want to go to a place like the grocery store or Wally world, in a short mini skirt, skimpy top, fishnets, and a red stilleto heels. That just instantly puts up the red flag, unless your an exhibitionist, so the smart thing to do is to wear what's appropriate for blending in.
    My 2 cents.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Former Member
    I am 44 but I usually dress a little younger. I like to wear short skirts and 5" heels and have a sexy look. Of course I don't venture out of the house anymore, so I don't have to pass. If I was going out I would probably dress more my age.

Come to think of it, my wife still looks great in a mini and heels and she is also 44........hmmmmmmmm. Maybe I would wear a mini and heels out.....

I dress in what ever makes me look good.. And fits properly.. If its Junior wear or old lady department.. Its just has to have style and be pretty..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It doesn't matter. If you want to go out in public, then, yes, maybe you should. If you are at home, or out of public view, do what you want. Like right now, I am dressed prom style, but I am not going anywhere. I'll be 33 in a few weeks. Besides age is a state of mind.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Silver Member
    Goodness gracious girls, dress how ever you want. It's your business, and your business only.

However, those of us who want to be left alone to live our lives in peace and quiet, dress to blend in with those other women all around us. That means dressing appropriately for who we are, and where we are. I could never pull off a teenage "look", nor would I want to. I'm not a teenager. I have my own look, and of course it's age appropriate. If it wasn't, I would stand out like a sore thumb. Sorry, that's not me.

Many of us WANT to atract attention, and if you do, that's your right. Go for it. Wear the minis and the heels to the supermarket. There's nothing at all wrong with that if that's what you want.

Lovies,
    Steph

Why would I dress my age. I'm not even dressing my gender. I want to look younger than 60. With makeup and cute cloths I can.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

i think the way you dress is a personal decision. I personally like to dress close to my age (59). But what does that mean? I have seen some very attractive 59 and older ladies. I would look ridicilous in fish nets an a mini skirt. But if you are dressing as a sexual turn on and this turns you on go ahead. I like to dress to blend in and to look as attractive in doing it.

Yours Terri

I DEFINATELY dress my age. But every day I decide how old I am, that day...BJ

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Dress my age? Come on...

I don't dress to blend in, I dress to stand out...

I hate to blend in as I am not impressed with how the average GG on the street dresses. It looks like the GG's nowadays are all F2M crossdressers as they all seem to want to look like men. It takes effort to find a girl in a skirt these days....

So I wear skirts! (and try to look my best!)

Love, Dita.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mistakes don't exist, there are only steps on the way to perfection...

Dress my age? Never!

If I didn't want to get noticed, I'd stay home and dress as I like.

As a matter of fact, that's just what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by LA CINDY LOVE View Post

LA CINDY LOVE
    I love to dress in short mini skirts,silk blouses,dark pantyhose&heels.My ultimate
    fantasy is to one day slip into a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader uniform,custom
    made for me-the shorts,blouse&vest
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

I like to dress in clothes that I could go out and pass in. At home is another story. I only want to satisfy myself. Sometimes I go outside and even check the mail on the road out front and I want to look as inconspicious as possible. That's when I want to dress the part. I look young for my age, so I dress accordingly.

Personal expression is what it is all about. I would never attempt to tell anyone how to dress even if it's not my cup of "tea". I have my own styles and standards but that is me. Would I snub someone because of their personal tastes? Not a chance. Too much division in this world already without creating more to make someone feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. If my Grandmother felt like wearing a miniskirt, I'd tell her to go for it. Seeing her happy would make me happy. 'Nuff said.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Maybe I am wrong here.. But
    I guess that you should dress as to how you look like, and dont be a "clown" Ever...In public. If you look older then dress in public as an older and vice versa..
    I have seen many girrls, EVEN younger ones look like "clowns"... You know what I mean.., AN Emberasment and quite an obvious one at that, in public.. They give passable ones or those who are striving to become so, A BAD name or Lable..
    Dress to give the CD movement some respect, I think, at Least in public.. Lest we be failed to just freaks... AND I am not even dressing in public yet as I am not confident enough..
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

OK..
    A restatement..
    Dress as to how you feel and as well as how confident you feel.
    Just do not be ****ty or Clownish.. As I think it gives us a bad image in the public eye.., Unles you might be a performing DQ?
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Since I don't go out I dress in whatever I want. Today I have gone from the babydoll in the avatar shot to an evening gown that I am wearing now as as I type this.
    Last edited by Jodie Wexler; 11-19-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Here is the deal....when we were small children, our mom's bought us Garanimals which coordinated our clothes. Now that we are grown up we rely on good fashion sense. You dress as you want to, there really isn't a fashion police, all I suggest is to dress, but keep your age in mind.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    No matter what I wear, I am always told I look much younger than I really am.
    Drumming, My other hobby

depends where you are and what you want to do - i get a bigger buzz out of trying to put together a tasteful outfit - see some of my latest pics to decide if i succeed - sometimes outrageously tarty or fetish

mitch