Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How we girls get our names

How we girls get our names

There are so many pretty girl names ot there it was hard to settle on one name. I tossed around so many names I forgot who I was. I wanted something very personal and pretty. My male name is David and I was trying to femintize it. I was having a bad time at it. I play the violin and It is a beautiful instrument in the right hands of course. So I combinded David with Violin and waLa Daviolin was born (The proper pronunciation is Da-va-lyn). I would love to hear from you other lady's on how you got your name'sDAVIOLIN

and what a beautiful and unusual name it is too. mine is just a shortening of michelle, the fem version of mike - i like it although not everyone does

mitch

Lucy is just what my parents would have called me had I been a GG. I quite like its associations (in the sky with diamonds, etc), but I don't really identify with it as me.

Kisses,

'Lucy'

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bright View Post
    Lucy is just what my parents would have called me had I been a GG. I quite like its associations (in the sky with diamonds, etc), but I don't really identify with it as me.
    Hee hee. I picked my en-femme name the same way. My parents picked out two names before I was born, and had I been a GG, I would have been Kathleen (Katie).

Talking

Rylie is actually my dogs name. My wife came up with that.

Paula is the fem of my male name. Since she's a part of me I didn't feel she needed a completely distinct name.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    I picked mine from Kate Beckinsale. I love her to death, she has a sexy accent, smart, caring, good actress, great body... Ain't she just beautiful
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Gold Member
    Well Daviolin is a good name with the pronunciation you give.
    Some have a tendency of wanting to use "Davida" but that is a horrific version of "David"

Erin is my middle name, Aaron. Yes it is unisex, I would not use it if I was TS, but for being Cd it works fine.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I didn't exactly choose my name. My therapist advised me to look inside myself and ask my femme self what she would like to be called. I was sceptical at first because I was not really comfortable with having dialogs with myself (a hangover from childhood prejudices where talking to yourself was a sign of madness).
    Anyway my therapist persuaded me and I persevered, and one day the answer just popped up. It's kind of spooky when you tell yourself something you didn't know! Anyway, the voice spoke and said my name is Ruth, and here we are!
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Ah, how many times has this subject been a thread?
    But always enjoy hearing how people come up with their female names.
    For me, I didn't come up with my name, my wife did. I was trying to come up with a name, using variations of my real name, Chris. My wife simply looked at me and said "you look like a Carroll". The last name I use, "Acahti" is one I came up. Once you figure how I got the name, it makes sense
    Drumming, My other hobby

What's In a Name?

Mmm, inner voice? Maybe.
    My first time out enfemme, a friend I was with, introduced me as Barbara to some of our friends.

A few days later, I was practicing my makeup and as I looked in the mirror, a voice said, "Barbara is'nt right, my name is Brianna, and I look lovely, so I'm Brianna Lovely".

For a second, the male side of me, saw the over-weight, old guy, in the mirror, and was hurt and almost laughed. But then, a warmth washed over me, and a soft voice whispered, "You are Brianna Lovely", and I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, and I lit up with a personal glow.

I've been Brianna Lovely ever since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My hair has always been "longer" than my parents would really have liked (it was always short! until I was about 15 when I started growing it long!)... I remember my Grandma when I was younger saying, "we'll have to change his name to Andrea"... So it kinda stuck with certain family members when it came to teasing... Which is OK...I like it (the name!)

Lady, lover, loose cannon Kiera20mi's Avatar
    holland Michigan. Its By Grand rapids if any one is curious
    Mine came from 2 places =) ofcourse i have to be slightly complicated right girls?
    1st place it came from was My GG name would have been Jessica Kayla. I wanted something like those 2 names but not common.. or real common.
    And the second place it came from is my Ex G/f(before i came out((Gay))) She said Kayla wrong(she just couldnt say some words right) and said Kiela and it sounded ok, but i think Kiera is sooo much better
    ~Kiera :be:

...hmmmm for me I just always liked the name's Sher and Lyn...now most ppl Ive met call me Sher A Lyn ...when its actually Sher-Lyn

i was thinking of all kinds of names but i kind of liked tina jayne from the start so she stayed

I asked my mom one day what she would have named me had I been a girl, and she said Chandelle, an aerial maneuver. I changed it to ChanDelle because I like the looks and obvious acronym that can be derived from it. Seems to fit.

ChanDelle

Former Member
    Gosh, mine isn't so complicated. I just have always liked the name Samantha, so it was a natural thing for me to adopt it.

Way back when, I liked the name Michelle, but used Mikki if someone asked my name. Now, after a long break from dressing,I turned it into Vikki--new start,new name!The 2020 stands for the fact that now I see clearly that this is what I want; no more purges, no more guilt, no more stopping what I love to do!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    My SO's name is similar, and I always liked this name. Somewhat exotic, and there are some neat figures out there with this name. I just like it! My SO doesn't know what girl name I made up and I even might change it in the future.

My drab name is Jon. There was a girl whom I adored all through jr and hi schools whose name was Joni. I always wanted to date her but never got up the courage to ask her out. So now I can take Joni out any time I want.

I always thought Tiffany was the prettiest name (OK so the prettiest girl in high school was named Tiffany and I adored her) and Leigh is my wifes middle name. Combined I thought the sounded very beautiful so it stuck.

In a effort to always conceal my ID, I thought, "my Aunt's name is Sandy" add first letter of my last name and, there you go "SandyR".

It sure did make sense when I signed up........hehe

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Always a debutante...

I chose 'Debutante' because I feel that new feeling... a new feminine girl, coming out for the first time... all in white.... but then i have to get real and
    be a girl in the real world...

I've always been Jennifer,when I was young and started having the feelings of wanting to be who I was inside, there was a nieghbor girl who was a great friend, her name was jennifer, I always wanted to be just like her, so in my mind I was Jennifer and it stuck , thats been my name for 50 years now. the Easton part came a little later when I started buying things through the mail.
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

I bought one of those 20,000 Names for Baby books and went through it, carefully selecting the names which initially appealed to me. I created a list which I then read through each day for a week or so, crossing off any name that lost its appeal. When the list was down to around 10, I started saying the names out loud several times each day, once again crossing off those which did not feel like "me." After this, I was left with three or four names and I took time to go outside, in a fairly isolated area, and shout the names at the top of my lungs. Several times through this exercise and I was left with one name: Taffy.

When I went looking for an email account, I stumbled upon iName.com, the free email service. They offered email accounts in a large number of domains, including cheerful.com. I was fortunate to be able to register my account as taffy@cheerful.com and Taffy Cheerful was locked in as my name. By the way, I really, really, really do like my name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."