Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steps and heels

Steps and heels

Lately I've been paying close attention to those things that I do when enfemme as opposed to drab.

One thing I noticed is walking up or down steps while wearing heels. Is it just me, or do you also notice that you tend to go "sideways" on steps when in heels? Making sure that each heel actually touches the steps. Or do you just use the front of your foot on the step and let the heel kinda hang in mid air?

Might be a silly question, but just something I've noticed that I do when in heels. It does seam more "ladylike".

I'm curious. Try it and please let me know how you walk steps in heels.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

I,m like you.Often i tend to walk sideways

Front only.

I know one thing I have learned and that is to go down the stairs sideways, less chance of your heel getting caught in the stair. As far as going up I think I just put the front part of my foot on the step, again being careful not to get the heel caught.
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .

I was out with a GG friend over the weekend, I noticed that she turned her feet to the left when walking upstairs to make sure her entire foot hit the stair.

Nope I walk straight up and down the stairs... And its not so much that wearing heals makes you act more lady-like... The shape of the heels forces everyone, male or female, to walk that way.. Its just that we've associated wearing heels as being lady-like..

I get behind the same women day in and day out walking the steps at work and its amazing to see the difference in the way they walk.. One day in heels very "feminine" and the next day in tennies walking a cloddy as I do!! Lol.

If everyone wore heels then it would be lady-like, it would be "elevationally challenged".
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sideways with a death grip on the handrail.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

for me it depends on the heel height, the taller the heel, the more sideways i go!
    Jonnie XOXO

Another reason why I don't wear heels (well, nothing higher than about one-and-a-half inch).
    A lot of women feel pressured into wearing heels - to look taller, to have better looking legs, etc., but the great thing about CDing is you don't have to conform to anyone else's expectations.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Like Karren I walk straight up and down. Going up is the same in Bob mode, only the front part is put on the step. Heels doesn't really enter the equation. When going down the front part part touches first, followed by the heel.

Sideways going down with my hand on the rail. Straight or slightly sideways with only the front part of the shoe on the step going up. It is definitely safer that way.

Former Member
    I kind of go diagonally up and down with a firm grip on the hand rail. Catching a heel is no fun at all!

Straight up, sideways down with high heels. Gettin gcomfortable enough to go straight down in low heels.

Diana

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie64 View Post
    for me it depends on the heel height, the taller the heel, the more sideways i go!
    me too , but with a small heel i go Straight up and down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

same here depends on the heel ..if im wearing a wedge ..i tend to walk straight up ...but in a pump with a thin heel ..it just seems right to side step carefully ...

Platinum Member
    for me straight up and down the stairs lol i can even run up the stairs and down them most often i don't use the hand rail .... my heels are 4 inch heels .. but then again i kinda have this shoe thingy going on ....lol....

With 2 inch or taller heels, I tend to use the stairs at an angle (25-30 degrees) to the right. In flats or low heels, I don't think about it as much and probably go pretty much straight up and down.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I have never walked sideways on stairs.

girlie guy
    I do that too, Dana!
    I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, but it is more fun to go down sideways, keeping your legs crossed as much as possible

never really thought about it till i just did it....

I tend to use the fron tof my foot walking up the stairs, (with the heel in the air) and use the whole foot walking down, slightly twisting my foot as i do.

jo
    xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I always climb straight up, letting them hang, facing the top that is, while going down I face the bottom rather than the top, full footed and sideways
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Karen, If I had to wear heels all the time, I might as well put in for a wheel chair for me. There was a time they talked about cutting my left leg off, but the arterie was still good enough, so they let me keep it....BJ
    ps. I wish I could wear heels more. I have a few prs, Some are larger heels.

Almost always sideways going down, but it depends upon the heel height and style. Get real interesting if you have a drink in your hand and our house is 4 levels of stairs.

Banned Read only
    Does the sideways thing slow you down? There are always down stairways to boarding platforms on trains and subways full of people in a hurry behind you. It sounds kind of dangerous actually, especially if you were carrying packages or shopping.

I enjoy that feeling of girlishness that comes from negotiating a flight of stairs in heels--especially when I'm wearing a rather tight and/or long skirt and must lift it in order to maintain grace...