Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pierced ears

pierced ears

My wife recently brought up the idea of getting my ears pierced. I would really like to do it but I am worried about what people would say at work. I work in a factory. How many people here have their ears pierced and what advice would you give me if I decided to get them pierced?

Quote Originally Posted by pantylover8 View Post
    My wife recently brought up the idea of getting my ears pierced. I would really like to do it but I am worried about what people would say at work. I work in a factory. How many people here have their ears pierced and what advice would you give me if I decided to get them pierced?

At thirty one years old I had mine pierced. NO problems in eight years. Heck, in a factory you shouldn't have to worry about much of a dress code so it'll be easier in the beginning. If any one asks tell them it's trendy, and you felt like it. I just said it was a early midlife crisis, and I wanted to do something my mom would never let me as a teenager. Don't worry, just do it. If you have problems take them out and let them heal over.

Kimmy P.

Well lets see I have 4 holes in each ear. So that means I wear 8 ear rings. And so far know one has ever said any thing to me about it. Not even the kids at the school where my boys go. Even having no body hair people never sat=y anything to me. To me now a days I think people really do not care if you wear ear rings at all. So good luck with it and I hope you will do it. Take Care and Have a Great Day

Renee

I was 58 when I got my ears pierced I also worked in a factory I took a little ribbing at first then it stopped. After the first month you can take out the starter studs snd wear diamond studs after that and after work the holes don't close up if you wear them at night only.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

After the starter studs come out, just use small studs. I really don't think you will get much ribbing though.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    I had my ears pierced about 3 years ago. and I to was worried about the reaction I would recieve at work. It took about a month before anyone even noticed. I had small studs. And when they did they really didn't say anything. One of the girls in the office even liked them, and told me I would probably want to get a second hole in each ear and I am thinking about it.
    Lisa Renee

On Halloween I went as a pirate and wore one earring. A couple of cute women (who happened to be lesbians) started a conversation that I should get my ears pieced, yadda, yadda yadda. I'd loved to have said, lets do it right now, but, alas, my wife doesn't even have hers pierced, but that is another story.

im getting mine done at my wifes request this weekend

Kisses
    Jamie

When I had my ears pierced a few people asked why I had both ears done instead of just the left. I had two answers, "Earrings come in pairs, I don't want to waste one." and "I didn't want to discriminate between the right and left ears." All the people who asked were somewhat dim so they accepted my answers with no further comment.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

wear 2 in each ear at this time have had as many as 13 in left ear and 3 in right ear at one point no one has ever said anything. Morgan

Piercing anguish is just that

[SIZE="4"]The fear of piercing your ears is very sound, especially for us older CDs. I used to work in an office and had a lot of meetings with the staffs of many different types of people. I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the office.

Now that I work as a cosmetologist I would be out of place without a few earrings, in fact a nose piercing is my next idea. I do have a double pierced belly button and I show it off fairly often when dressed. Read all about the trials and tribulations of that adventure on my web site, it is way too much to re-post here.

For those of you who hesitate showing the ear piercing, simply camo them in one way or another until the day you are ready to let the world see them. That way you don't suffer the infections and th scar tissue that has to be re-pierced over and over again because we hesitate and take out the studs long before they are fully healed.

Just do it and take the comments, learn to deal with comments, just as women do on a daily basis. You may find that there are less comments than you expected...

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]

When I had my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.

I've had my ears pierced for about 30 years and not one person has ever mentioned it. Most people don't notice it or choose to ignore it.
    Kisses, Linda

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Hi,

I was 37 when i had both of mine done...and i was working in a factory at that time. I got a few comments the first day, nothing horrible most were positive, no regrets. Good Luck!

Regina

I think I live in the most Redneck part of California. Heck, half of my friends are rednecks. In fact, you might be a redneck if you don't have earings!:RND1: I am the only one of any of my friends or aquaintences (males) that does have earings (both ears). My point is, if you want them .....GET THEM.......Yes, I had some of my friends ask "Why". My answer, was simple yet somewhat confusing to some of them, "Because I am old enough!" End of comments, plain and simple. In other words, I don't have to justify getting something like earings. I don't live in their house and they don't pay my bills. Haven't lost a single friend or aquaintence because of earings.

So, go get 'em Girlfriend!

Dawn
    "Courage is being scared to death.............and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

".......the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." -Thomas Jefferson

"I ain't here for a long time; I'm here for a good time......." George Strait

I don't know why it is such a big deal with the ear piercing here. Look around some time at other guys a lot of them have their ears pierced. It isn't just for pirates and girls any more in fact even when I was in school some 20 years ago when I had mine done it was no big deal to get your ears pierced as a guy. In fact the only people who said any thing then and even now was my older relatives. The only other time anyone said any thing about my ears being pierced was when I had in 2 carat diamond studs. A friend said he has a mirror in each of his ears, only commenting on the size of the ear ring and how shiny it was.

Had 'em pierced when I was in my early 30's. There were maybe three comments about a mid life crises but other than that, no one cared in the least. Pierced ears are COMMON today for men - it is nothing special or unusual in todays world. Go get it done, you will have so many more options for ear rings and you will LOVE them!

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE="4"]. . . I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the office.[/SIZE]
    I did this as well. While I advocate getting your ears pierced, I do not personaly think wearing ear rings to work in the office presents a professional image. So yes, they are pierced, but no, I don't wear ear rings to work.
    Of course I guess it also depends on where you work! :-)
    Last edited by TxKimberly; 11-20-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: add comment about other post

hi i have one ear done for a long time them 4 weeks ago i had the other one done due to my job i cant wear them in the day ,but at night and at weekend its different and shopping for earings is fun too enjoy it there your ears

Regnia get them done I had mine done this year I got some ribbing at work all in fun and it went away. I love being able to wear nice earrings when I dress not being limited to clip-on is above great so do yourself a favor and get it done. and if it's your wifes idea well jump on it hun
    Angie

I got mine pierced this past January, at the age of sixty.
    The only studs I wore was for the healing time, after that, it's been "real" earrings only.

I did have a man ask me why I wear fem earrings all the time and not studs. I told him, hon, you can wear studs, if you're a stud, if not, be yourself and wear fem earrings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had one done a few year back and finally got the other ear done this weekend. Nobody notices and no one should care. I'm in my mid fiftys and in sales.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    I got mine pierced this past January, at the age of sixty.
    The only studs I wore was for the healing time, after that, it's been "real" earrings only.

I did have a man ask me why I wear fem earrings all the time and not studs. I told him, hon, you can wear studs, if you're a stud, if not, be yourself and wear fem earrings.
    Not a bit shy are we?

But Brianna brings up a good point - it is not wearing earrings that is masculine or feminine, it is the earrings themselves that are m or f.
    These days, there is nothing gender specific about having pierced ears. There is men's jewelry and there is women's. BUT if you ARE worried, just use men's earrings to start while the holes are healing. No one is going to notice small studs in your ears. Later on, get some pretty femme earrings like TXKimberly wears in her avatar photo.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I think I've answered this type thread a dozen times. I have both pierced and have had so for many years. I'm considered very much a male and no one gives a dammed about it. If they do their attitude will quickly change. Go for it. You will love having pierced ears and love the choices of earrings that will be presented to you. Since your wife is in favor ahe may even give yoyu some, as my wife has.

Just got mine done this summer at 53 years old and I love them. I've had a few people at work make light hearted jokes about them and we've all had fun with it. Ultimately the best answer for why is "Because I wanted to!". I've wanted peirced ears since I was 17 but didn't want to put up with the static from everyone. I should have done this in 1976 and been done with it!

earings 4.jpg
    Sally

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Since I got mine pierced the only comments I get are people wondering where they are at when I forget to wear any. It your life and your body, GO FER IT.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.