Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pierced ears

[QUOTE=tamarav;1090159][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][B][I]The fear of piercing your ears is very sound, especially for us older CDs. I used to work in an office and had a lot of meetings with the staffs of many different types of people. I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the off

I did the same thing before I started transitioning .. And no one was the wiser either! About 10 weeks later I cut my monofilament a little to long ,and my Neanderthal brother -in- law ask me " Hey what that on your ear
    and he answer him self " duh,o is it acupuncture for stopping smoking?'
    I said ," hey ,How did you know ? "[lol]
    hugs ,Wendi
    Last edited by Wendi {LI NY}; 11-20-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

Hey, Hi!

I want to get my ears pierced too... I also am in sales, and with my growing my hair and my nails long, shaving off facial hair and sideburns, trimming back my eyebrows, everyone is going to think I am transexual, or something.

Anyway, to my question... How long do you have to keep in fishing line (unused is best, right?) or posts before the holes stay open for the day? Someone said they didn't have to use anything when they got their ears pierced but at night... true?

My wife used to be an Avon rep. We have ... a few... pairs of pierced earrings around, waiting for the day...

Thanks as always!
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I had my left ear done when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. I was very nervous about what people would think if they saw me with one stud in each ear.

As far as being a guy and having both ears pierced, yes ... granted it's a little bit girly, but the only time I ever had a "moment" was when I was in a spa pool at my local health club with one of my buddies and his young son, and his son said to me "how come you have got both your ears pierced?..... I thought only girls do that?". Fortunately for me his Dad piped up with "well, these days it doesn't matter what people do". IMHO for guys to have both ears pierced…. OK, it’s not for everyone…. but it is fairly normal these days. I say go for it ... (for me) it makes a big difference in girl mode because I have unlimited choices in earrings
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-20-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Allen View Post
    How long do you have to keep in fishing line (unused is best, right?) or posts before the holes stay open for the day? Someone said they didn't have to use anything when they got their ears pierced but at night... true?
    The shop I went to is very big on safety. They use a hoop instead of a stud because it's easier to clean the piercing. That original has to stay in for 6-8 weeks before she'll remove it. Then it's 6 months to a year before you can leave piercings out of the ear. For some it only takes a few minutes and they heal back up. I did mine about 5 months ago and they finally feel like they are 100% healed and I have no problem finding the holes now.
    Sally

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I had my first one done the day after I got my Honorable discharge from the USAF. I was 36 at the time. After a year I got the other ear done. Three years ago I got both my ears done again, making it 4 holes. The only comments I got were from my mom, who didn't even notice for at least 6 months. All she said was why. I just told because I wanted to. After I told her about the cross dressing she understood why. The other person, who is homophobic, question whether I was gay or not. After about a month he stopped.

So, in conclusion....GO FOR IT!!!
    Drumming, My other hobby

Smile

Thank you for all the advice. My wife and I talked and decide that I will probably get them done this weekend. I am excited and can't wait to go shopping for my first set of pierced earrings.

My ears have been pierced for the last 15 years or so, its not really abnormal for a guy to have both ears pierced these days. I am just glad you can admit that you dress to your significant other and she is supportive

My mother asked me when I was like 14 if I wanted mine pierced, because my brother had his done. I said no, and now I wish I'd said yes. As far as getting comments, you may at the beginning, but no one really cares. They are probably just trying to start conversation instead of trying to be nosey. I know several who I work with who have at least one done, and at least one who has both. They range in age from about 20 to 60. Now, if I can just find time to do mine...

BTW, my excuse for doing both" "I forgot which one was the good ear and the bad one, so I did both."
    Last edited by Beth785; 11-23-2007 at 01:04 PM.

I have had my ears pierced for the last 23 years and I'm in my early 50's. I work in a mixed group and the girls liked it and the guys,some would ask me why,and I would just tell them because I wanted to. Usually that was the last I would here from them. So by all means have it done. Pierced earrings on make you look so much more femine, and they look good too.:GE:

Pierced ears

I think that these days there is nothing unusual about men having pierced ears - one or both - at least in this country (UK).

I had my ears pierced for the first time nearly thirty years ago, while I was at University - I was 18. Back then for guys it was very much a case of "left ear straight, right ear gay". I was having none of that; I wanted both my ears pierced, and that's what I had done. I had dreamed of having pierced ears since I was a little boy. I had a lot of support from my friends and only a few negative comments. In my circle of friends I was the only guy with both ears pierced. I was very much in the CD-closet back then.

A couple of years later I had my second holes pierced, and a year after that I had my third holes pierced, in Paris, while on holiday.

I wear earrings all the time - I certainly don't see it as a femme-only thing. I really enjoy wearing earrings, and my workplace has no issue with it. These days it seems to be more the norm for men to have both ears done, and it's certainly not unusual. Perhaps the only unusual thing with me is that both my ears are triple-pierced. When dressed as a guy I usually wear small "huggie" titanium rings in the bottom holes and small diamond studs in the second and third holes. When en femme I wear larger sleepers in the first and second holes and larger diamond studs in the upper holes.

[SIZE="2"]I would love to have mine pierced! It's easy to say "just do it", "go for it", "no one pays any attention". When you live in and with a woman that is a traditionalist or an apt desciption is conservative, then you think twice about it. It would be a really good way to make my wife come unglued![/SIZE]
    Vivian

I can't remember how many years ago I got my left ear pierced on a dare from my wife. I walked into a salon, paid my five bucks and walked out with a stud in my ear. I took ribbing from a few jerks at work but that didn't last long. I always told them it was my act of rebellion against society. That seemed to shut them up. After a little while I found that earrings came in two and I got the other one done. Not a thing was said at work. Nobody cares. It's a none issue. Except one day when I wore a different color in each ear because I was half asleep when I put them in. Didn't realize until someone asked me if I was making some kind of fashion statement. Whoops!! Just get it done and don't worry about the jerks. They're always there.

well my wife just pierced both my ears and she did an excelent job. done by hand ta boot

Content and Happy
    I had mine pierced 3 times on each side a long time ago. There are just so many more ear rings to choose from for pierced ears. Take the step and see what you've been missing.

Lanore

my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.

I had mine pierced about a year ago and started wearing danglies by February. I've had a second set pierced 6 weeks ago and love wearing studs in the upper and danglies in the lower all the time now.

Just do it! You'll never regret it. There are so many more choices and styles of pierced earrings.

No-one has ever ribbed me about mine. In fact, before I went full time, people were saying that it was about time that I caught up with the times and had them done.

If you're too worried about what people will say, just wear 'manly' studs when in public.
    ~~Sandy~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a constant fantasy of getting pierced ears for those gorgeous earnings I often see....... it would be quite a feminizing experience for me...

If anyone comments about the ears tell them it matches you nipples. Offense is the best defense hon!

Quote Originally Posted by shauna 9 View Post
    my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.
    Really? How many days did you leave them in, before you started to remove them, Shauna?

I am really glad to hear that...
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    it was one of the best things I did, I love all the earring choices...never had anyone really notice...told my Mom I had it done for going to concerts....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pantylover8 View Post
    My wife recently brought up the idea of getting my ears pierced. I would really like to do it but I am worried about what people would say at work. I work in a factory. How many people here have their ears pierced and what advice would you give me if I decided to get them pierced?
    My advice,

No one is going to notice you have pierced ears unless you tell them.
    to justify my point, how many guys ears have you looked at lately?

I got mine pierced about 3 months ago now. Apart from a neg comment from my sister (oh BTW im 45yo) and the initial Oh you got your ears pierced comment it had been very positive experence. I should have got them done years ago. I have many pairs of earrings now, such a variety of choice. Oh and my sister recently bought me a pair of fake dimond studs to wear in boy mode, she said she did not like the plain studs.
    Anthea

I went and got them done Friday evening. My wife went with me and picked a pair of plain studs. My 12 year old son didn't even notice until my niece said something Saturday afternoon. I went to work today, I never heard even one comment. I am glad that I decided to go ahead and do it. Thanks again for all the support and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by pantylover8 View Post
    I went and got them done Friday evening. My wife went with me and picked a pair of plain studs. My 12 year old son didn't even notice until my niece said something Saturday afternoon. I went to work today, I never heard even one comment. I am glad that I decided to go ahead and do it. Thanks again for all the support and comments.
    Good luck with them, keep twirling, keep cleaning and they will heal in no time. I had mine done six months ago and my earring collection is steadily growing...love wearing hoops and danglies.

I've recently started to wear one ring all of the time. People hadn't realised I wore them. My excuse was that it was "a throw back from the late 80's" when punk was in fashion...
    Not entirely true but believable....... I'm trying to talk the wife into approving of the second ear being done.....watch this space...........