Thread: Tales from back when..

Tales from back when..

I'm one who came relatively late in life to "giving in" to the desire to wear feminine clothing, although if I'd been generally less inhibited (by self of circumstances) earlier in life I'm sure the desire would have grown sooner.
    I did have a couple of encounters, however, with cross-dressed gurls.

1) Walking through the college campus I passed a group of students, gathered around one of their friends (I take it!). They were cheering and celebrating, and in their midst was what I am sure was a MtoF out on I guess, her first outing beyond her bedroom. I cann't at this distance in time recall what she wore beyond that she had long hair (I guessed wig) and a small (fake?) fur jacket. My reaction??? Not horror and outrage but "Hey. That's nice, they're being really good freinds supporting (him) like that. Good for (him) too!!" (brackets for my actual thoughts AT THAT TIME). I "read" her but was happy that she was having fun.

2) I was preparing to take part as a cousellor at an Evangelsitic meeting (soccer stadium!) and went to the final training session with some college friends. Also there was someone who could have been a strangely very shy woman, but who I sensed was in fact a "tranny". I assumed she was there for the same that I was, and so just got on with the activity requested of us. When we were asked to pair up/form small groups to talk about some issues I ended up paired with "her". But she would not speak:so I got no practice in whatever was required, with her.frustrated:, Shame. I guess that convinced me I was right, and he knew his voice was not "passable". But then...silence hardly helped in "passing" and frankly a male voice would not have bothered me.

So, any one else with such tales to tell from the days before YOU came out of your mental closet and joined the merry throng of dressing "us"?
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

When I was around 8 or 10 (A LONG time ago!) my mother, brother, and I were on a trip in California and stopped in a Dennys for a VERY late dinner/early breakfast. So there we are eating when in walks a crossdresser, very obviously drunk. She looks around, clearly scared or confused, looks at her wrist (where there is no watch) and announces to the place "Oh wow, it's later than I thought!" and off she went out the door!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Mickeyman at Disneyland

This summer I was at Disneyland with my daughters, 21 and 13 years old. While waiting in line in the middle of the day, ( it's what u mostly do there), I saw I guy go by. At first, I thought he was one of the Disney show characters. He was very animated in his walk and gestures and was accompanied by several small children and a GG. He was wearing a bright skirt and top, and what looked like black work boots. No boobs, hose or makeup. He had on a long black wig and a dark 5:00 shadow. Looked to be around 35 years old, about 6' 2" and was built like a linebacker. I didn't say anything to my girls, but watched him, and what I assumed was his family, walk away. A very brave CD, I guess. But no one would dare make a crack about him that he could hear!
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Crazy Lady
    I had been married only a few years and had not told my wife yet, for that matter, I was still in denial, there was a transgender lady in Ramona CA, that dressed in red and could be seen walking through town. I only saw her out of the side of my eye a couple of times, but my wife saw her more all because I would be driving and need to keep my eyes on the road.

Dee

There was a local radio personality that did a skit about the Otisco Vally he dressed like a old lady and would be at public doings
    Angie

When I was in school, my high school principal dressed as Phyllis Diller and did a comedy routine. He was fabulous.

I too came quite late to wearing femme gear. When I was in my mid-twenties my work mates and I would go to a nearby pub for lunch. Sometimes we would go there in the evening for a beer. It turned out the place was a tranny pub and had a reputation for it. There were quite a number of CD's there and I was rather fascinated. Interestingly, the guys I was with never scoffed at them and treated them just like any other pub patron.

Aspiring Member
    I remember one evening I had to going shopping with my mother and two sisters in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. We were in a store and a woman and man were in the foundation section of the store(bra's, panties, stockings and such) they were buying everything. I remember the saleswoman asking if they had a fire or something because they were replacing everything or it seem.
    The woman said no all of this is for him, the saleswoman never said anything else.
    From that day on I knew I wasn't the only one that enjoy dressing as a woman.
    I remember that as if it was yesterday and it was over forty years ago.

Ive seen dozens of them over the years. Mostly at bars.
    One that stands out, was one I spotted at a very large local car show. She was over six foot with two inch heels on top that. Clearly a guy. But I had to hand it to her, to be among so many car people. She was dressed nice, but over dressed for the event.

I have yet to encounter (knowingly) one of our sisters. If I have, then she passed!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    My first encounter with transgender person was on my driving test. I was 18, I nervous, (and still confussed about myself). This deep voice calls out my name I turn around and there they were dress in skirt suit standing 6'4" and built like a rugby front rower (thats big). Being nervous and confussed I failed my test.

I smile about it now, but at 18, it was a big deal. Btw I passed second time with the same person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    My first encounter with transgender person was on my driving test. I was 18, I nervous, (and still confussed about myself). This deep voice calls out my name I turn around and there they were dress in skirt suit standing 6'4" and built like a rugby front rower (thats big). Being nervous and confussed I failed my test.

I smile about it now, but at 18, it was a big deal. Btw I passed second time with the same person
    Haha! Its surprising that you had no prior "warning" that you may have had this examiner....she must have been well known in the test centre. Anyhow I didn't pass my driving test first time either....or second come to that so "fair play to you" back then!

Thanks for all your other stories everyone. I look forward to any more...also if anyone recognises themselves as the gurls (in my own tales) in question, it would be fun to hear ! (what are the odds eh?)
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

My first experience was in Sydney, Australia, 1971. Of course I was looking for female companionship. A fellow GI pointed out 2 TV's to me so I would be fore warned. One was active in seeking out well paying horney GI's and to me could have passed had she not been outed by the community. She was successful in getting dates anyway.

The other TV (I'm sure she would be considered TS by today's terms) was not active in seeking dates. In fact she refused any and all offers. She was quite attractive and passed quite well. My best memory of her was when she would sit in her third story window preening herself wearing just panties and a bra. I often think of both of them and wonder how much influence they had on my future choices.

[SIZE="2"]I was in the grocery store with me wife buying groceries. I had wondered off looking for something and down one aisle walking by was a very tall 6'4" or more woman,very slender, a beautifully tight dress, VERY sexy with blond hair and a very male face very nicely made up. To this day I don't know for sure, but I like to think it was one of us that had it all together.[/SIZE]
    Vivian