Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when you are dressed?

Stephenie S, I know where you're coming from. When I'm dressed I feel like me. Like the prettier, more expressive, slightly more flamboyant me that I have always wanted to be, but for so long have been unable to be.
    It's not a good metaphor but drab is a bit like having to go round with one arm tied behind your back most of the time. When dressed I am free, I've got the use of extra faculties (emotional and expressive), I am whole instead of being slightly confined, bottled up.
    I could go on all night... The result of course is that in general mood I feel a whole lot better en femme, but we knew that.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Well, so far, it's pretty much what I suspected. The heart felt answers confirm that. Most are basically saying it brings out the best in us and I certainly agree with that. I asked the question to see how each of us felt individually but also so others who may be near and dear to us can understand. I know it's really hard sometimes to put pure feelings such as we have when we dress into words, especially since we have been "programmed" by society to keep our feelings to ourselves. I'm glad we have the Forum to discuss this. You folks are the absolute best.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I tend to feel more confident in who i am when dressed as Joanna, eben tho the basics of me still exist ive been told by my current SO im more loving, understanding and alot more soppy.

I'm also more inclined to get more things done that ive planned to do, ie guitar practise, working on my songs web sites aswell as the practical chore of housework.

back on topic of feelings, i guess i find myself "happier" as joanna, than i do being dressed as Steve. While i am comfortable with steve ive realised that dressing will forever be a part of me despite not wanting to go all the way, and have so far passed up every chance ive had of doing so. Having tried to kick the "habbit" countless times, ive always found myself lacking in life and feeling depressed and feeling like im constantly looking for that something in life i can never find.

To overcome the feelings ive always ended up going to buy a skirt, underwear etc etc, and as soon as ive changed ive realised what was missing was me. The "real" me where I can relax and generally chill out and see who i am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

Well I feel very soft and sensual when I'm dressed up. I love wearing elegant clothes like ball gowns and dress suits. The sound of high heels is amazing and really excits me, which is were my cross dressing started. It always starts with stockings, suspender belt then a bra and finally the dress which is lined and feels so silky and sexy! Then and only then, do I feel like a real women.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    I feel like I've just gotten home from a long trip and everything is familiar and the way it should be.

I feel relaxed, happy, and like smiling. And like singing.

I feel 20 years younger.

I feel 20 pounds lighter.

I feel much more attractive.

I feel sexy and hot.

I feel like the sweet girl next door on that TV show with the 4 CalTech nerds.

-jj
    Perfect!

Simply put, I feel relaxed, attractive, and desirable.

If I'm wearing something I really like and I'm in a great mood, then i'll feel very sexy. I like that feeling! Sometimes though, if an outfit doesn't feel right I end up taking it off and putting it in my Salvation Army donation pile. But usually when i'm dressed it's great!
    -Audrey

I find I dress the most when it’s been a stressful day so it definitely relaxes me. I love putting on makeup; it’s a lot of fun. And when I’m all done and look in the mirror there’s a certain feeling of contentment and joy. When I’m in my male persona I like to put on nice clothes but I don’t get near the feeling as I do when I put on a nice skirt, heals and go all out.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Hi! I'm Karen

It makes me feel a lot relaxed (notice I didn't say "more" relaxed), and at ease with mineself. Bottom line is that when I'm dressed I feel "right".
    Joni

Aspiring Member

How do you feel...

well, i feel like me. its like i hide in the appearence of being a genetic male. as soon as i can i get to my fem clothes and put them on. im more comfortable being she than he. all we can do is be our selves.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    I was dressed enfemme one night shooting pool at a gay bar with this very attractive motor racing bike lesbian who took in interest in me being a crossdresser and asked the usual 20 questions. So I turned an asked her who was dressed in jeans ,and t-shirt and boots " how do you feel when you are all dressed up feminine in lingerie, pretty dress, stockings heels perfume, hair done , jewelry etc,. ready for a night on the town?"
    Her answer " like a MILLION BUCKS!!"
    Well thats how crossdressers feel all the time , I answered.
    Question answered here

Megan

I feel pretty,

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay! or something like that.
    I love the aspect of dressing up and seeing the results..... its so much more work than knitting or assembling cats!
    The planning and the shopping are all part of the fun! It is a change from taking apart my deck.
    And .. oh, yeah, its a lot of work to be a girl, but I love a challenge,

I feel totally relaxed and comfortible. All the stresses and pressures of everyday life just seem to disappear for the short time that I get to dress.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrie Sifton View Post
    I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay! or something like that.'....
    WestSide story
    ......'"i enjoy being a girl!"
    South Pacific Musical define us perfectly!

Megan

How do I feel ?

I've been reading all of your replies (loved Karren's reply ) and I've given it a lot of thought.

It is a strange feeling; I feel content, whole - and kind of reborn. It's sort of a spiritual feeling for me. Whilst it's exciting going out in public, I feel there is something more to it that seems to defy definition.

I feel a different person that’s for sure, but there’s something else I’ve never been able to understand – but I love it – I feel more ‘me’ than at any other time.

Suzy

I feel very relaxed when i,m dressed but i admit i still feel like me.I,m not more fem and less male.I,m just expressing what has always been there but my wife claims i,m nicer now that i can dress around her and wear fem lingerie to bed if i want.I think i,m more honest with her now that ive removed this secret from our relationship. justabit

sharon

Smile

i love wearing hose and knee high boots makes me feel relaxed

When I am dressed --- I'm more relaxed and more mellow and comfortable. I feel so much more free, natural and proper. Seems like I should be able to dress this way all the time. In short, as someone else mentioned in an earlier post --- I feel more like "me".....

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    relaxed.

cindi ann

As they use to say on Family Feud, "Good answer, good answer", to all of you. Not sure there is one answer; no I'm sure there isn't. One thing I've learned from this forum, there are many reason we dress, not just one. Therefore, it stands to reason, there are many feelings. All well expressed in these posts.

It makes me feel complete too, but only because I am dressed like who I am, Denise. When I'm in drab, these days anyway, I act and feel pretty much the same, as Denise. I have quit fighting to not be her, and now I am her, no matter how I dress. I feel great, no matter what, like what all you said, "relaxed, kinder, more outgoing, etc., etc."

OMG I love this forum family. What an education.

With all my love and respect for you all,
    Denise
    Last edited by Denise Barrett; 11-21-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Denise can't spell either.
    "Live each day as if it were your last, for one of these days you are sure to be right."

I will no longer live in fear of what might happen if, but decided to live in excited anticaption of what's going to happen when.

When Dressed

When I"m dressed I feel so sexy. I'm not much of a man in bed so as a man I feel inadequate. When I put the nylones on, high heels, make up, nails painted, wig on, I feel a comfort level with myself.

Kayla

I get a mixture of feelings when fully dressed femme, which shift around depending on what I am doing at the time. When I first get finished with my makeup and dressing, the dominant feeling is often the same as an actor who has just gotten into character. When I go out sometimes the feeling is like that of an explorer going into unfamiliar and possibly dangerous territory. When I interact with people I usually feel that I can be more open and free with my emotions. Mostly, I feel that I am a really special person when dressed.
    Phoebe

At Home...

I just feel like At Home..Does that make sense ?
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

I feel like me but calmer and more relaxed.

feelings

I have experienced all of the feelings mentioned on this post, and it definitely changes depending on the day, the mood and the situation. There is another feeling I will describe as contentment. I think some of you have described it calm or fulfilled. It just feels right and all things are good. I get into this mode if I can have a fairly long period to be Lisa. When I have to revert back to the male mode, I definitely notice the feeling going away. This feeling is very strong and "instinctive" and consciously I do not understand it.

Lisa

One word: Complete[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!