Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At long last - a salon makeover!

At long last - a salon makeover!

Well, it is hard to believe that is has been almost 8 months since my last full makeover. I usually slack off during the summer anyway, but again I lost my previous makeup artist (fired from salon). My nail tech has expressed interest in doing it, so several times over the summer we had a few "mini-makeover" appointments, where she just basically played around a little with makeup and wigs to get a feel for it.

So, we have been planning this one for around a month. The salon is closed on Mondays, but she decided to come in on her day off, a time when we would have the whole place to ourselves without interuptions. Also, another girl, a hairdresser who had done a few makeovers on me in the past, was going to join us later.

Of course, since these are beauty professionals, they don't believe in "half measures" LOL So, as soon as I arrived, I found myself lying down to get my brows done. That is no big deal in itself, as she has been keeping my brows on the edge of femme brows for a while now. She started out cleaning them up, but decided to go ahead and just do them pretty femme looking - I dread work on Monday!

After that, she was going to do a set of tips on my nails (I have had gel and acrylic overlays for a few years now), but we decided that my own nails had gotten long enough (a good 1/4 inch of free edge) to just polish them. She did a nice French with a glittery gold sparkle clear over the top, and while she was polishing, the other girl arrived. It was great fun to hear them discuss what their plans were, and how they were going to "girl me up" LOL

Next, it was on to makeup. For the first time, we tried the forehead taping method, and it worked great! I have a problem with droopy eyelids, but this opened them up enough to make my eyes open without that real stretched look. Basically, a wig cap is put on, and then some medical tape is attached at the forehead over ech eye, and then strecthed up and stuck to the wig cap. Thisis like a cheapie face lift

It was funny hearing them argue over the eye shadow (colors and location), but they decided. There were times when they were both working on me at once, while one did eye shadow, the other would apply a little blush. There was one moment when I was asked who I wanted to do my lips - and they both stood there waiting on me to answer LOL I chose my nail tech as I knew she does awesome lips.

I went to get dressed, nothing too fancy - just a black leather skirt, red sweater, black hose and red pumps. I had brought several differnt skirts and tops, this is what they picked out for me to wear. When I finished dressing, I went out to get the crowning glory - my hair.

I had ordered two human hair wigs, but of course they didn't get delivered in time, so I used a couple of my older wigs. She tried a few and they decided on one, it was put on and brushed out. Jewelry was added, and I even had to get sprayed with some perfume - maybe they were trying to tell me something?

We had a lot of fun taking pix, with the salon deserted we had a lot more places to play in. They had wanted to try several different outfits with nail polish and makeup changes, but after 3 1/2 hours and 90 photos, I decided that we would save the other stuff for another day.

So - I had a lot of fun and wow, I am always shocked at how much makeup and wigs can change the appearance of a guy into a girl. I'll probably be going back in a few weeks. Thanks for making it this far through this long story - if you haven't ever had a salon makeover with girls who love doing it, you have to get out there and try it!

Here is one pic, I added more in this thread in the Picture Gallery: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...81#post1091881
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow I wish I could do makeup that well.
    A Member of the Revolution.

Oh my gawd!

[SIZE="3"]You are gorgeous! What a great job. Did you take good notes? Wow, I love it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us do now. I am very impressed.

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]

Great evening out!!! Glad you had a blast!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    You look wonderful Dana, you skin looks silky smooth like velvet.
    On the taping issue: Eyebrows and forehead taping are only ONE area that you can give yourself a face lift. I have experimented over the years by using clear rubbery plastic pull bans with holes punched through them.The plastic tabs has either double faced toupee topper tape or even crazy glue on the side facing your temples. Press firmly on that area until the plastic tabs stay by themselves, and hang loose I then use stretchy nylon cord like used in gift wrapping is inserted through the holes and double it back pulling back from the temples just next to the sides of your eyes. Lift it up and back. You will see 10-15 years taken off with bags under the eyes, nasal labia's(laugh line sagging skin from nostril to mouth corners.) pulled back, and your skin stretched taunt,
    . Finish it by taping eyebrows up to wig cap, cover the whole thing hidden with you wig and wallah! People Will not recognize you, you'll look like you had a Hollywood face lift.
    Hard to explain in words, I'll do a photo college thread to illustrate soon.
    Didn't mean to monopolize you thread Dana!

Megan

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    My God, Dana! Everytime I see you I am more amazed. Yes, they did a wonderful job but they had to have a good palette to start with.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Brilliant!

Like to see you at work with those eyebrows!!

Wonderful job though. Love it.

Wow

I'm almost at a loss for words, so I'll just say, you look beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

Dana
    omg you look as beautiful as ever .. now were is the mistletoe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DANA
    you look wonderfull gald you finaly had the time to get out and have fun

susie

Wow! You look amazing!

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Dana -- We were as anxious for your salon makeover as you must have been. As always, you look great. Love your outfits and your pics. The eyeshadow worked out well and your eyebrows look fantastic! (At least til Monday?)
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Dana,

You look absolutely beautiful.

They did a great job. You look wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    if you haven't ever had a salon makeover with girls who love doing it, you have to get out there and try it!

So far I'm not having much luck finding a salon that's willing to do this. I emailed one salon and a makeup store and received no reply from either one; so I am 0 for 2 thus far.

Damm. You look awsome. These gals were great. Wouldn' we all love to have a chance such as that.

Dana, you look beautiful!

Not only does your lipstick perfectly match your sweater and your tips match your ring... your bracelet matches the frame of the picture on the wall in back of you! A photographically artistic portrait!

Jacqui

Dear Dana, you are my hero! I have never had a salon makeover but would dearly love to. Unfortunately, I know too many people in town and would be afraid of being recognized. A private appointment like you had would be perfect!

BTW, You look beautiful! I would love to do that before an evening out. Go right from the salon to my evening out looking so stunning would be a dream come true!
    Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, and Wendy is from a planet somewhere in between.

I tried the medical tape facelift for my eyebrows once a year ago and haven't been out without it since! It really does alot for your arch! Glad you had such a grand time.
    Sally

girl next door
    OMG Dana, you look absolutely beautiful!

I know it's been frustrating for you not being able to get a make-over done. I hope you feel the experience, and the results were worth the wait!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Thanx so much for posting!

xoxo

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

WOW! You look Great!

Hi Dana

You simply look super! What fun and I am glad you got to do it!

the other Dana! Heehee!

Thank you thank you everyone!

I had a lot of fun, and I should be doing this more frequently. I saw my nail tech last night for my fill, and she was already asking me when we were getting together again, she has more ideas for me
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    loved hearing your back into the make overs ..... you put a lot into your make overs and it shows .....

Lady, you look terrific! Sometimes, even the pros that work on GG's day in and day out, have trouble with us. Let's face it, we present a number of unique challenges that they are nit used to dealing with. YOUR pro's have done a great job!

I wanna go next time! :-)