Thread: Tolerance and maybe even acceptance

Tolerance and maybe even acceptance

This is a copy and paste from my personal website....I wrote it earlier today.
    For future reference any of you who want to join my personal message boards here is the link.

http://taylor.anstrom.com

This is not written with anyone in mind. Perhaps though it will strike a chord with someone who may be reading this. And if you want to reply go ahead and do it.

Until you know what it is like to be in someone else's shoes you should take them at face value. I don't think any of us could ever imagine what it would be like to actually be someone else. We can logically guess, sure. But the actual raw emotion or deep feelings that go on inside a person, you cannot judge or guess. Simply because there is no way you could know.

With that being said I want to talk about judgement. People judging other people. Who do we think we are trying to judge another human being? That's not logical either. Because the judger and the judgee are just humans. I'm not talking about criminal acts that are judged before a court of law. I'm talking about humanity judgement. Race, religion, creed, orientation and gender. In my eyes there is no human being on the face of this earth that I feel has the right to judge me for being male. Noone. They don't know what it's like to be me or how hard it has been for me through the last several years to come to a point of acceptance within myself to be okay with who I AM.

If you are reading this, you lurkers who are my family, no names here, please just please try to understand that none of this was done to hurt you. Not at all. As a matter of fact I tried to live as Shelly for most of my life. I got sick and almost died trying to be what I knew I would be expected to be. Still I tried. I didn't do it for myself. But I was so concerned what others thought of me that I hid it.

There is some freeing in deciding to be who you are. To shed that old skin that didn't fit right. If you truly love me, I mean truly love me, you would rather I be alive than dead. And if you rather I was alive, I know you would want me to be happy. And letting go of the girl I never was is what has made me happy. Please come to accept that. Because I love you and I want you to love me. If you can't, I am sorry. But I won't go back to a frail, sick, little girl in baggy clothes and hat over girly hair just because I am worried how you feel about it. I won't ever feel comfortable being someone I am not and now that I am living as Taylor I have such a sense of lightness, peace, happiness, and health. So for those of you (and you know who you are) who have decided to shun me.....this message is meant for you.

If you care one iota, read a little and get educated about transgenderism before you throw barbs at me about something you don't even understand and certainly can't comprehend.

This has nothing to do with perversion which is what I think you are thinking. It is nothing other than a guy fighting his way out of a girl shaped cocoon and learning to soar as a butterfly. Please know, I am the same person you have always known. My mind, heart and spirit are the same. Just my outside now matches my inside. And that's all. There is nothing weird, perverted or creepy about me. I'm just me. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by Taylor105; 12-26-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Had the wrong URL for another site.

Taylor, that link doesn't work for me?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Taylor, that link doesn't work for me?
    Ditto's

Taylor....I agree with everything you said here...and I echo the sentiments exactly....Trey is living as HE chooses, as well...and also letting the "acceptance chips" fall where they may....No one wants to be rejected for who they are....but no one should not be able to BE who they are, either....I am sharing your sense of peace and well being, it seems we are taking this journey sort of together...at the same time...and I am proud of ALL of us on the board for being who we are.....Hugs, dude...**Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Very well written Taylor and I'm thinking more than one heart will start to soften after reading your heartfelt words hun. Thank you for sharing with us.

I wasn't able to use your link either but by removing the www and using http://taylor.anstrom.com/ instead I found a site; not sure if it's the correct one or not though. I know it's your's but is this the one?

dancin

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark View Post
    I wasn't able to use your link either but by removing the www and using http://taylor.anstrom.com/ instead I found a site; not sure if it's the correct one or not though. I know it's your's but is this the one?
    Thats the one Mae

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Taylor, I really don't know what to say in response to this very heartfelt post.

What I do know is this, I would never judge you as I'm trying to go my way and be who I am as you are trying to go your way and be who you are. People who don't know and certainly don't take the time to try and understand are wrong, so wrong to judge us as it's so not fair and so not right for them to do so.

Siobhán x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I don't think taking people at face value is ever wise - never judge a book just by it's cover?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Taylor Hun ((((((hugs))))))) Yeah I agree never judge a book by it's cover!!!! xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

well writen mate.
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

The link didn't work because since I wrote that I came out to my uncle who is the best uncle I could ask for so now the site has been changed to Taylor. Here is the link for my site as it is now.

http://taylor.anstrom.com/

Oh and....thanks everyone for your kind comments on this post.