Thread: Wow! My first trip driving while dressed!

Wow! My first trip driving while dressed!

Absolutely fantastic. This was a real confidence builder. I have attended some of the Atlanta Tri_Ess meetings, but this is the first time out driving during the daylight hours. It was great. I must admit I was very nervous and did not get into conjested traffic but stayed in more safe areas of town. Mostly residential. I must say it really is a great confidence builder. I started to go to the local Catherine's ladies shop but decided against it because of the holiday shopping masses. I thought it would be very crowded today. I think after a couple of more outings I will not be too nervous and will do some shopping while dressed in a skirt and blouse. I can't wait. I owe it all to the people on this site. Reading others experiences has given me more confidence and acceptance than I thought possible. Thanks to all who have told of their first experiences "out of the house". I have been dressing as long as I can remember but have tried to keep it private. I am afraid of getting too old before I have a chance to enjoy a more public part of wearing beautiful clothes. I honestly feel my desire to cross dress is a gift for god.

I know I am in need of perfecting my make-up but have difficulty going to MAC counter in the mall. Will they help by appoinment in a more private location? Their booth is in the heaviest traffic part of the Dillard's department store. Mabe I should call and ask.

I live in west central Georgia just north of Columbus. I would love to hear from some of my sisters close by.

Claire Marie Hawkins

Hello Claire and welcome to the forum! I think you will find the advice here good and straight from the heart. I'm fairly new myself. Like you I just started getting out. I have gone to an accepting bar three times fully dressed. The ride there was exciting as well. If you go to a makeup counter in the middle of a store you are a far braver woman then I! I still have problems going to a Thrift store and going through the ladies clothes. I am getting my nerve up though since so many on the forum have told me to buck up and save some money!

First outing

Hi Clairemarie. Good for you girl.

I went out once years ago, dressed in my wifes Jumper dress, white longsleeve turtleneck, pantyhose and shoes that killed me. Too small! Anyway, I headed out the back door and the neighbor and her sister in-law just happened to look out the kitchen window at me. I jumped back in but was not deterred. (not sure if they ever did notice my attire. Never heard one way or the other) I put on a coat and pants and made my way to the car. Once away, I took them off and drove around the town, almost in tears from fear every time I had to stop at a traffic light. I never sweated ... sorry ... perspired so much in my life.

I got home, changed and said I would never do it again. I didn't, until about 1 year ago after meeting my new GG who encourages me to no end. I think she secretly loves to see me in panic mode sometimes.

Anyway keep it up Clairemarie. You will find it will become a blast the more you perfect it!

KaseyPB

Claire,
    A number of the girls here in Atlanta go to the MAC store at Perimeter Mall. They have a private room there for makeovers. The only catch is you pay about $ 50 to have the makeover done in private, by appointment.
    Phoebe

Gold Member
    You could also see if a Mary Kay rep could help you out.
    Maybe even check with an Avon or Arbonne rep. The only thing about Arbonne is it is real expensive. Ehh probably no worse than Mac's prices.

And if you check with makeup places in the mall, they probably won't charge anything to make you over in private. Paying $50 for that service is ridiculous. The one and only time I was professionally made over, it was at LS Ayres [now closed] and the Elizabeth Arden rep did me. They just let me to a back room, did their makeover, and I left. Don't just dish out money before checking around.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Driving while dressed

Hi Claire - I had to make a comment about driving while dressed. I am a longtome dresser who did not come out with any consistency until this year. I have driven as Robin at least half a dozen times. It is exciting,relaxing and most important to me - liberating. I Love it !! Good luck girlfriend - Huggs , Robin

So Cool Clair! Sounds like you had a blast. To this day I still love driving in a skirt......heheh

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I Have Driven Only Twice And It Was Great. The Only Time Ive Ever Been Out Of The House Dressed. I Was So Nervous But So Relaxed As Well. The Last Time I Drove Right Up Main Street With People All Around.

Great for you Claire. I love driving or going anywhere in a skirt . The greatest time I've had so far is driving from Nebraska to Minnesota dressed with some shopping thrown in on the way. It's a wonderful feeling and I'm glad you were able to experience it too.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Hi Clairemarie, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Yes, I imagine that would be
    exciting driving while dressed in enfemme. I think where I live, especially this time of the
    year, it would be difficult for me to go out, especially it beind so cold.

Delilah
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-24-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Additional things