View Poll Results: Are you a stay-at-home tranny?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! I dress around the house, but that's it.

146 56.59%
  • Kinda. I have friends/hook-ups I meet dressed, but nothing public.

25 9.69%
  • No. I go out to CD-friendly clubs, but don't dress outdoors.

19 7.36%
  • Hell no! I (sometimes) do regular everyday stuff in women's clothes.

68 26.36%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a stay-at-home tranny?

When I first started dressing it was only at home, to CD friendly clubs or out at Halloween. It soon developed into a situation where I felt I was a prisoner in my own home. Need milk, bread or cigarettes.....better get it before I was dressed or I would do without. A friend or relative calls on the phone....don't answer it. They may want to come by.

I enjoyed dressing a lot but it lost a lot of the luster because it was so hard to function normally in life. I finally realized that no one paid much attention when I went out dressed in male mode. I was just another face in the crowd or at the check-out counter. So I started going out to run errands while dressed en-femme. Same thing. I'm just another face in the crowd. No one pays much attention to me at all. Of course, it may be easier for me because I pass fairly well. I'm not tall or muscular. I blend in well as a female.

So I could go to the store or market while dressed. That helped a lot. The only other thing that really bothered me was hiding from friends and family. I finally gave up on that too. If my friends liked me well enough then they would accept me. They did. Now when I dress I have the freedom to be me. If you come by my home you'll find me dressed at times. Everyone accepts it. If I need to drop something off at a friend's home then I may show up en-femme as well.

I have no desire to transition full time. I enjoy being a male. I just like to show my feminine side at times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eliot View Post
    I dress mostly at home but do go out when I have the opportunity (rarely).
    I'm with Eliot.

I love to go out, but rarely do. All the planets have to be in alignment. And then there's Halloween. I'm kind of an open secret then.

Diana

Yep! I dress around the house, but that's it.
    add the word about between "that's" and "it" and thats me!

I've ventured out a few times, but not to interact with people.

I just dress up and stay in. Maybe one day i,ll work up the nerve to out dressed "en femme", but i don,t feel ready yet!!

Same word, different meanings...

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    First of all, I am a Crossdresser, not a Tranny (or properly, a Transsexual. A Tranny is a person who is one sex, but wants to be/considers themselves to be the other sex. You can be a Crossdresser without being a Tranny!
    To many people, 'tranny' is used as a shorthand for transgender - i.e. the umbrella term intended for all of us?

Many TSs, however, would regard being called 'tranny' highly derogatory - with good reason, they consider themselves women?

Personally, I have a big deal with the term 'crossdresser' - there is too much politics and dissumulation tied up with it (and it is not as inclusive as TG), but, when in Rome..

But hell, you be what you want to be?

Back on topic, it's been quite a few years now since I dressed at home - I only ever dress these days to go out (usually about 3 times a week). It's not about adrenaline - it's about living my life as me...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    "Have you ever seen a bulldog in a skirt, well the bulldog would only look slightly better then I.

Mollyanne
    I once dated a bulldog who wore a skirt. What are you implying, Mollyanne?

Racquel, my answer would be: A
    The only time I was ever "out" en femme was when I went out at night onto the terrace of a hotel room on the 22nd floor wearing a white negligee, forms, long blonde wig, and full make-up.

It was windy, and as I leaned over the railing overlooking the city lights below, with my hair blowing in the wind, I spread my arms, imagined Leonardo DiCaprio holding my waist, and yelled, "I'm Queen of the World!"

Sad, isn't it?

Jacqui

Smile

I dress mostly at home but do go out when I have the opportunity usualy late at knight but if i passed better i would go out more often.

Seems only on Halloween I go out dressed up, and its extreme, other times at the house, I'm leaning on going to hang out with some other cd, and Transvestite sounds like a nasty word, but that's only to some, I just laugh at it, I have no time to sit around and be miserable over a stupid word that some want to label us with.

Quote Originally Posted by dianaprince View Post
    And then there's Halloween. I'm kind of an open secret then.
    Forgive me, we don't do Halloween over here like you guys do - but doesn't that make it an open secret all year round??
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Stay at home kind of gal

I'm happiest being at home. I dress with the help and support of my wife who is wonderful. But she does not want us outside the home. I'm good with that because I see my cd-ing very much as a fetish. I find it is arousing and erotic when I dress in my bra and panties and stockings and then slip on a long nightie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Before I got married, I use to go out all the time in public, just doing normal things. I just loved getting my hair done and then go get my nails and makeup done, then just go do normal things, like shopping. But since I got married( and my wife knows I use to dress, but doesn't approve) I am right now a stay-at-home-tranny. Thou I have enough clothes to fill my walkin closet and the dresser. I'm slowly trying to work on her so that I can get back into going out or at least get it back out in the open. She thinks I quit. I just don't want to lose her or not see our children grow up.

Definitely a stay at home CD. I don't have all the pieces to go out yet. It's fun to hang around in what I have for now.

I only dress at home, and don't have any real desire to go to clubs, but then again I don't do that much in male mode. My dressing is non sexual and just feels comfortable. Of course I am still in the closet with wife. I do often go out underdressed when she is not with me.

Jaydee

BTW put me in the "crossdresser" column.

Banned Read only

Stay At Home........not For Cindy.

When it is time for CINDY to get dress it is only to go OUT, to get dress and stay at home is not for CINDY. I have look at a lot of photos of Cd's here who are very good looking but do not go out because they feel they can not pass and I have Seen Cd's who go out regular who look just ok....but they go out.

This is a hot topic at the clubs we feel that only 5% of the Cd's go out regular, some do not go out because they do not want the heat if they get read others do not go out because it is not what they want to do they just love to kick it at home.

We do under stand those Cd's who live in a small town but a lot of Cd's do live in or near a city that do not go out and they do not go out because they feel that they can not pass and that is sad.

We need to stop using that word PASS because none of us truly pass and it seams that it is keeping a lot of Cd's from taking a walk on the wild side..

LA CINDY LOVE

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    I only dress at home, for a number of reasons:

- The main reason being that I couldn't look like anything but a guy in whatever womens colothing I wear. I believe it's truly rare to say one would genuinely pass but for me, if I cannot reach a standard of sure it's a guy but he's made a great attempt effort - then Kirsty is housebound. I'm also in the closet too.
    - Also as much as I want to go out, I also don't want want to embarass or cause pain to my mum. I feel guilty enough about dressing without ny more guilt piling on.
    - Crossdressing is more of a personal thing than a need to exhibition myself, I don't want to parade myself to get a buzz, if/when the time is right and I do go out it will be for the right reasons to me. It's our own (and our SO's) business and no-one elses and we have to do what is right for us.

So although I love dressing and I have underdressed and gone out, the risks for me are too high and I don't feel like I would ever look anything other than out of place.

Perhaps in time who knows but for now, crossdressing only happens at home in private.

Regards
    Kirsty Hall
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty Hall View Post
    - The main reason being that I couldn't look like anything but a guy in whatever womens colothing I wear. I believe it's truly rare to say one would genuinely pass but for me, if I cannot reach a standard of sure it's a guy but he's made a great attempt effort - then Kirsty is housebound.
    I'm sorry, but I bet that's not true - I'm sure Pandora or Jodie could prove otherwise, they've never failed yet?

But, as Cindy says above, don't make it about passing - I tried to say the same thing, here?

It doesn't have to be about the 'buzz' either - it's about being seen and treated as the person you want/need to be?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    It seems to ME that CDing is a PRIVATE or "personal" thing I do by myself. such as taking a shower or releiving myself. I see no reason or feel no need to go out dressed any more than I would consider going out nude. Although I do not look bad at all while dressed, I do NOT have the kind of CD (I am an "escapist") that requires or comes with the urge to expose myself to others.

I personally think that the DESIRE to go out (whether one actually goes out or is closeted) is a charactistic of a "Classic" form of CD. Those of us who CD for other reasons might not have this concern.

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kirsty Hall
    - The main reason being that I couldn't look like anything but a guy in whatever womens colothing I wear. I believe it's truly rare to say one would genuinely pass but for me, if I cannot reach a standard of sure it's a guy but he's made a great attempt effort - then Kirsty is housebound.

I'm sorry, but I bet that's not true - I'm sure Pandora or Jodie could prove otherwise, they've never failed yet?

But, as Cindy says above, don't make it about passing - I tried to say the same thing, here?

It doesn't have to be about the 'buzz' either - it's about being seen and treated as the person you want/need to be?
    Those links surprised me, they are really good. Thankyou for sharing those links, that has given me some food for thought.

As for what I said, it isn't really about not passing for me it's more to do reaching a standard where I am happy with myself, mentally and physically - something I doubt I will ever do personally - until I break my pessimism and rediscover the confidence I lost when the guilt of crossdressing started.

I agree that it shouldn't be about passing or a 'buzz', and you are completely right that it's about being seen and treated as the person you want/need to be.

Regards
    Kirsty Hall
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Aspiring Member
    Dressed now, at home, as usual. I've brought clothes on business trips and have enjoyed dressing in my hotel. Someday, maybe, in a more tolerent world, I'll venture outside. Inside, now, and for the foreseeable future.

Mostly at home, but I do go out occasionally.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    A non-supportive wife means most of my dressing has to be at a Dressing Service. I do have a small stash of clothes I can put on when I know I have the house to myself.

I've been out a couple of times and loved it; would REALLY like to do more but there aren't that many TG friendly venues when you come down to it.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I used to be. Now it's a normal everyday kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

For me, Sherry is a magical fantasy!

Sherry is a figment of my imagination. As long as I can control how she is viewed, she exists. One step out the front door, and Sherry disappears! Once the magic is gone, all that's left is an old guy in a dress. That's not my fantasy!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm a stay at home CD. I love the feel of the clothes and it puts me in a relaxed state of mind. I could not pass (voice and prominent adams apple) and I wouldn't want that kind of stress to ruin what is normally fun time at home.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I can't vote in this poll. I partially dress every day. Normally the only men's item I'm wearing is my shirt, and I don't wear makeup outside the house.

I do that because that says who I am. I'm not a woman and I don't need to be one, for real or "pretend". That makes me a little different than most here but I don't mind that (usually).
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.