Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Role-Playing"? or "Being"?

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar

Question "Role-Playing"? or "Being"?

My girlfriend and I were discussing the context of my CD'ing. She has interpreted it as a role-playing "game" of sorts. I've explained that, for me, it's not a "game". Rather, it's an outward expression of the feminine aspects of my personality, and the freedom to exhibit those characteristics. She has commented that my posture, gestures, and mannerisms are decidedly more female when dressed accordingly.

So my question is: are you "role-playing"? Or "being"?

A definate part of myself Rebecca, therefore a definate part of my state of being. It's just expressed differently outwardly sometimes.

Edit: I just want to add, I know all about role playing. It was what I did for years when I was in denial of my real feelings and I pretended to be the person everyone else thought I should be. Now I'm simply myself. There is a big difference.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 11-28-2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Added comment
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No role playing here... just learning more about myself.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Role- Playing, female impersonation.
    I don't feel female instincts inside me or are of the psychological mind as a woman, nor would I want to be. I want to be able to choose when I am on stage "performing" and being convincing at it. During the 4 months of summer, the curtain is down , too hot. That's just me, others may feel different and rightly so. To me I'm a method actress.

Megan

I think I'm switching sides.

As you say, role playing denotes that it is a game. It is not a game here, it is part of my being, a part of my mental makeup.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

being....definately....we both be

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I fakes it till I makes it !

I yearn to become as I always will have been...artfully done, the seams are hard to find !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I like the role. I am and always will be a man, IMHO! Though I do enjoy developing my other self. It's like going to my own special masquerade party.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    The feminine side is a part of me, part of who I am. So it is not a role that I play. It is something I am.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Hi Rebecca,

Being!

With all my love and respect,
    Denise
    "Live each day as if it were your last, for one of these days you are sure to be right."

I will no longer live in fear of what might happen if, but decided to live in excited anticaption of what's going to happen when.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleneCD View Post
    The feminine side is a part of me, part of who I am. So it is not a role that I play. It is something I am.
    I totally agree with Charlene. My feminine side is very strong, and part of me. Being feminine is something that I am, and therefore do naturally. I have no desire to become a woman, I am just naturally feminine. But even if wearing satin and lace, I am still a man underneath! No role playing here!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath

when i'm bill i'm a man. when i'm jill i am a woman. that is my being. Jill

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    It's really in no way a game. I have to sides a female and a male. But I'm more comfortable as a female, as I spend most of them time except for work as Lisa
    Lisa Renee

Being

Being and learning about myself.

Role-playing would be more like going through the motions with out the inner feelings and emotions that come with what we call crossdressing.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly;
    No role playing here... just learning more about myself.
    Learning more about myself. I like that, sums me up to a T

Edwina

I believe it is my trying to be feminine, and not role playing. One must consider that many of us have tried to compensate for our real feelings in order to conform to a societal standard, so a little understanding if we sometimes miss the mark when in female mode. It is not for lack of desire. I sometimes feel as though I am learning from the beginning, and need to go through all of the normal stages of maturation that a woman would go through. I don't think I will live long enough, but I'll keep trying.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny kelly View Post

Role-playing would be more like going through the motions with out the inner feelings and emotions that come with what we call crossdressing.
    Thanks for your responses, girls. Seems most of us live the part, rather than playing a role.

I know my femme persona is not an affectation, but an honest reflection of my too oft-repressed femininity.

I posed the query because my GF has a fantasy in which she is approached in a bar setting by a male patron whose actions involve taking liberties with her "assets", to which she submissively complies. She would like for me to indulge her, and I agreed to do so, but suggested she write a script for me, as that behavior doesn't come naturally.

And to me, THAT is role-playing!

But I'm a quick study....

amen louise!!!!!!!

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    When I go out in my "normal" femme secretary, gothic outfits I'm being me. If I add the fantasy element to it (i.e faery, wench, vampire) then I consider that my femme side doing a bit of roleplaying

and gods is it a lot of fun to explore!

being. no question. at times i feel there is 2 of me in here. the woman in me wants to have her fun too. shame i have to keep her locked in a box till i'm home alone. its not enough anymore. i hope my wife can accept her...after all, it's just...me.

really great but difficult question.

First I would say you can never stop being during your life, I know the word is used in a different meaning here, but I came to that idea because 'playing a role' has this negative touch when it's used as the opposite of being - that's playing with the words and that's where the manipulation starts. The definition of the words...but I better stop that here

I would say it's both 'role and being' but with the leading point that everybody in this world plays a role (is acting) to find his place, get what he wants and to survive, I would say it belongs together. With this aspect in mind it's a bit weird but quite interesting to think about your post...

...we're born in the wrong body or we're something in between or just like to dress or whatever - and then (growing up) we have to 'play a role' as we don't fit to the pictures that society is painting - what they call normal - one day (or since we're born) we start to feel sick and bad...

...then we grow up with big problems (often with psychic trauma etc.) and one day we're strong enough to overcome our fears and to come out of the closet. We stop playing this (forced) 'role' other people gave to us...and then someone says/thinks we're playing a role? Doesn't that sounds really weird?

I mean if I put my best dress on for a birthday to fit to this situation, but actual would like to put on something easy I'm playing a role. Dressing up to get the job is 'playing role'. If someone is loved because he's always so funny and he arrives at a party, he will start to play his funny-role.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    decidedly more female when dressed accordingly.
    Now, if you say that you feel comfortable and fine, full of freedom with yourself dressed accordingly...I would say you're the only one not playing a role in that moment. The picture of dressing up is close to play-acting, but I would call it here: to undress (escape) from a role by dressing. and genetic girls also change their behavior and look more feminine, feel better dressed accordingly

So 'playing a role' as opposite of 'being', im my point of view can only apply if you don't feel good with it, or if you try to give people a picture that's not true. I think everybody can only give the answer by himself because people who just look at you, even if they're close friends can't feel, what you feel.
    They try to find explanations as life always tells us that we have to have a mind about everything.

Since 2 years now and with lovely and honest help from here - I stopped 'playing a role' - often dressed accordingly.
    Last edited by valery; 11-28-2007 at 06:53 AM.
    we fear what we don’t understand

Am who I am

[SIZE="3"]I am just being me. It is not a role to be played. If anything In the past I played the role of the strong macho man which of course was not me!!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

role play?

hi rebecca life is no role play you do that when you are little and no know different .i think what you might mean is a role reversal. .some couples do that but i dont think me as a cd /tv it is role play i think its part me my make up if you like cant explain it but its there .i was a littlewhen you said role play but to some people if that is how they come to tearms with it .thats there way thats my have a good day bye for now tina

Hi rebecca. I too am one who equates cd ing with my being. It is a part of the complete "me" No role playing nowadays. Maybe a litlte in the beginning, before I found my inner self.