Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If society aloud would the thrill be gone

If society aloud would the thrill be gone

This is a question that makes me ponder. If society accepted us CD's as not being unusual and just a natural thing. Would we be happier to be eccepted? It wouldn't make any difference? Or would the thrill be gone?
    To me I would be happierDaviolin

SMILEING WITH RED LIPS JULIE33362's Avatar
    Happyer For Me Much Happyer
    WEAR SOMETHING PRETTY

If society allowed the fear would be gone!

"Would we happier to be accepted?". Er, just slightly - you could strut to work in heels without fear of ridicule or violence; walk outside to empty the bins while dressed totally en-femme; not have to waste 10 minutes taking every trace of mascara off before going to work...

The enjoyment of dressing as a woman would not fade as it is independent of 'society's' opinions. As anyone else who dresses exclusively at home behind closed curtains will surely agree.

The fact that CD is taboo may indeed make it 'naughty' and consequently more exciting, but I'd rather substitute that for easy access to fitting rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by daviolin View Post
    This is a question that makes me ponder. If society accepted us CD's as not being unusual and just a natural thing. Would we be happier to be eccepted? It wouldn't make any difference? Or would the thrill be gone?
    To me I would be happierDaviolin
    I'd be much happier, as then my wife may be more supporting.

Kendra

It would be absolutely, positivaly, absolutely perfect. Then you would not fear anyone finding out that you like to dress in womens clothes, and what a great feeling one gets when they are wering 4" heels.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I would still enjoy being pretty and looking as cute as possible, it just would be fun to wear skirts to work

wouldn't it be nice to walk down the street in the summer time with a nice frilly short dress on. Feel the breeze over your exposed sholders and legs and not worry about "Did any of my friends, co-workers, neighbors recognize me" Will they think I'm a freak? Could I lose my job? My wife is pissed? Does that answer your question?

I would be exstatic.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What is the premise of this dream?

R u going to change everything overnite with a magic wand? Because, in that case, I think most of us would love to go out dressed, if no one gave us a second look.
    However, if u r saying; what if the world was completely different from when we were born, that changes everything! For society to accept us, no matter how we were dressed, all the dressing rules of today wouldn't exist. We would have to have been raised in a world where, if people didn't notice differences in male and female clothes, there WERE NO DIFFERENCES! If everyone could wear whatever clothes they wanted, there would be no stigma to men wearing womens' or women wearing men' clothes. If fact, it is very likely that there would be no such thing as male or female clothing! So, CD's wouldn't exist, as we know them! Maybe the term "Cd's", would apply to folks who dressed in tinfoil, as animals, or in very bazarre fetish clothing!
    In other words, it's a nice dream, but we might as well dream about being billionairs, president, or women!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I suspect that if I awoke one morning and people accepted CDs without blinking, I would wear a dress or skirt 100% of the time for the first two weeks. For a few weeks after that, I'd probably still dress a lot, but not full time.

Finally, over time, I would probably end up wearing a skirt a few times per week... If I think about it honestly, I'd have to admit that a skirt or dress with stockings is NOT the most appropriate or comfortable clothing in all situations.

I think all you really need to do is look at any trans person who is living fulltime for your answer. They end up dressing like REAL GGs, jeans, sweatshirts, sneakers. There is no reason that we wouldn't end up doing the same thing once the 'thrill' of being free to dress wears off.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Smile Acceptance

I'd be delighted if we were accepted. I'd dress however the mood struck me. Even in drab i could pretty it up. What is wrong with a little jewelry in drab? Or, why not nail polish?

I'd be very happy.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

It would feel wonderful!

Great topic. Since I am almost terrified of going out, that would be like being let out of a prison, or blocked mine shaft! I would go out all dolled up, a lot! Cristi, I like your little statement, about you wearing skirts, and her wearing pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I suspect that if I awoke one morning and people accepted CDs without blinking, I would wear a dress or skirt 100% of the time for the first two weeks. For a few weeks after that, I'd probably still dress a lot, but not full time.

Finally, over time, I would probably end up wearing a skirt a few times per week... If I think about it honestly, I'd have to admit that a skirt or dress with stockings is NOT the most appropriate or comfortable clothing in all situations.

I think all you really need to do is look at any trans person who is living fulltime for your answer. They end up dressing like REAL GGs, jeans, sweatshirts, sneakers. There is no reason that we wouldn't end up doing the same thing once the 'thrill' of being free to dress wears off.
    Last edited by Zee; 11-28-2007 at 10:14 PM.
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

I don't dress for anyone else, just for my own needs. If our society were more accepting I would go out more but would not enjoy dressing any less.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Your question raises the point:

Is it our mode of dressing that society does not like? - "naughty, that's for girls only"

OR

Is it that we represent some sort of creep or pervert?

I can live with being naughty. Can't live with being a creep.
    So if the magic wand gets rid of the creep problem do it now!

Jazzmine
    PS RS Your avatar has had a sexy makeover. Lucky you! You sexy thing!
    Last edited by Jazzmine; 11-28-2007 at 10:58 PM.
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.

A big part of the thrill of dressing up was trying to outwit my sister, so I could wear her clothes without her knowing.

The thrill of putting them on was massive. I nearly got caught loads of time.

I think if it was acceptable for men to wear women's clothes, it probably would not fascinate me as it does.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    If society were to accept it tomorrow, in six months I would not have any guy clothes left. THats just me

All i've ever wanted was to be accepted and not be considered a freak or sideshow.

Jill

I'm betting some would stop. There seems to be a certain challenge or aspect of the "forbidden" for some. Take that away and some folks would lose interest. Myself? I would do what I normally do and nothing would change really. I'm myself, accepting "world' or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar
    I don't think the thrill would be gone by any means, but I'll bet you'd see more men wearing dresses and skirts that you could count! I Dress for comfort more than thrill, don't get me wrong it's still a hoot to me and I enjoy it..Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    R u going to change everything overnite with a magic wand? Because, in that case, I think most of us would love to go out dressed, if no one gave us a second look.
    However, if u r saying; what if the world was completely different from when we were born, that changes everything! For society to accept us, no matter how we were dressed, all the dressing rules of today wouldn't exist. We would have to have been raised in a world where, if people didn't notice differences in male and female clothes, there WERE NO DIFFERENCES! If everyone could wear whatever clothes they wanted, there would be no stigma to men wearing womens' or women wearing men' clothes. If fact, it is very likely that there would be no such thing as male or female clothing! So, CD's wouldn't exist, as we know them!
    RS
    This seems right to me. I guess there are several different thrills involved here, in fact. The ones that would disappear include:

a) the thrill of danger, of having a dangerous secret that could be discovered at any moment. If no one cared, that would of course go, but from the posts so far not many of us seem to enjoy or experience the danger as thrilling anyway (I certainly don't).

b) the thrill of knowing that you are breaking some kind of taboo, being transgressive. That would go too, but again it's not an element that looms large for many of us.

c) the sexual/fetishistic thrill of wearing the clothes of the opposite sex. This one would catch more of us, I guess.

On the other hand, the thrill of being able to express our feminine aspect, or better still (from my pov) to integrate our masculine and feminine aspects, would remain and even be enhanced. Since for me that's the main deal, I'd be delighted with the situation! But of course, a world in which people didn't care about what other people wore would be such a different world in so many ways - for clothing is but the delightfully stylish tip of a pretty big gender iceberg - that it's rather hard to imagine. Quite a lot our usual terminology would disappear, I guess, if the gender spectrum really was a spectrum and not a pair of either/or binary slots.

Kisses,

Lucy

I would throw away all my mens clothes and go shopping, what a great dream.
    Forever in Lace

Content and Happy
    I never look for acceptance from society. I accept the fact that I was born more female than male and that is all I need. I'm 24/7 and love every day I get to live.

Lanore

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bright View Post
    - for clothing is but the delightfully stylish tip of a pretty big gender iceberg - Lucy
    Lucy dear, what a nice post. I particularly liked this phrase. I loved the movie "Devil Wears Prada" and spent quite some time ruminating on "fashion" afterwards. Your phrase fits in with all my thoughts.

So, to answer the thread topic, yea I'd love to not be saddled with fear/guilt/shame, but I'd still want the world to have the gender driven fashionistas . . .

hugs,
    'lissa