Thread: Nail Salon and Shopping at Payless Shoes

Nail Salon and Shopping at Payless Shoes

Some recent posts about being "totally" accepted prompted me to tell about my recent adventure....

It starts with me getting my nails done (1/4" with french manicure) at the nail salon. I always get my nails done while in drab and they have always been great about accepting me. Well I'm driving along for about 30 minutes after getting my nails done and see a shopping center with a Payless Shoes.

I think well, I'll just look and see what they have......the SA was absolutely fabulous.....I was kinda of reluctant to try any shoes on....and then the SA sees me looking and notices my nails (of course I was trying to show them off!!) and says they look great. She then says help yourself to try anything on......and then says can I get you a stocking.....at this point I have a beautiful 4 inch heel leather like black pump in my hand.....she brings back the stocking footie sock and I take my sock off and put the footie on being very careful not to mess up my new manicure....she then says "I'm the same way when I get my nails done" referring to the very gentle and probably very feminine way I put the sock on to protect my nails.

I slip the the shoe on and she says "How's it feel?" I'm in heaven at this point. She says try on the other , so i did.

Wow....I'm standing there with a pair of gorgeous heels on with my nails perfectly done and it feels completely natural. We carry on a conversation for several minutes. Of course I walk up the isle while she is watching and feel wonderfully feminine. She never once snickered, laughed or smiled....it was like I was one of the girls. I pay for the shoes and then she again compliments me on my nails as I was leaving.

This might have been the best adventure yet!!!!!! I had a warm feeling all the way home.

Does anyone else have a time or story when they felt accepted and not ridiculed in any way? I would love to hear from any of you..

Take care......
    Last edited by Renee D; 11-30-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Good for you hun.
    A Member of the Revolution.

The last time I went to a Payless, I was all dressed. As I was walking in behind a couple of GG's,one of the SA's said, "Welcome ladies to Payless". I even had a SA help me find the shoes I was looking for at the time. I get to dress up this Saturday afternoon, so I might go back to Payless and see if they have any spike heels.

Hi Renee

I was very interested in the nail salon part of your story. I do my own nails but would love to go to a salon and have them done properly. Like you it would in drab.

Former Member
    Cool story!

I go to payless alot in my area and they are always friendly and helpful. I actually was in one about 2 weeks ago and when I picked out 2 pairs of shoes and I was paying for them i said guess you dont see this everyday a guy buying womens shoes and she just smiled and said you'd be supprised as we get that alot. She said that sometimes there are 8 to 9 a week coming in and most buy one thing or another. Again she was great as well and said to come back soon. A sale is a sale.

SusanMichelle

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    I just got back from the nail salon and am not as happy. Although the girl did a pretty good job on my toes, she wouldn't color them, only buff. :mad: Plus I don't like the way she shaped my finger nails. On more than one I they aren't symetrical from one side of the nail to the other. And the whole point of me going was that I didn't do a very good job of shaping by myself. :mad:

But I also had my back waxed whilst I was there, and the girl who did that was just a dream. It didn't hurt in the slightest and she was always inquiring as to wether the wax was too hot, or wether the spreading of it was uncomfotable, not to mention after ripping the cloth off. She also said that she would be happy to wax me completely bare, if that's what I told her I wanted. I said maybe next time.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renee D View Post
    Some recent posts about being "totally" accepted prompted me to tell about my recent adventure....

This might have been the best adventure yet!!!!!! I had a warm feeling all the way home.

Does anyone else have a time or story when they felt accepted and not ridiculed in any way? I would love to hear from any of you..

Take care......
    Wonderful adventure, isn't it just great to be able to go about your business without worry?

Quote Originally Posted by susanmichelle View Post
    I ..... said guess you dont see this everyday a guy buying womens shoes and she just smiled and said you'd be supprised as we get that alot. She said that sometimes there are 8 to 9 a week coming in and most buy one thing or another.

SusanMichelle
    She's correct about that, the mgr of the local Payless store has mentioned to me that she has about a dozen or so male customers that only buy ladies shoes, for themself.

Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW View Post
    I just got back from the nail salon and am not as happy. Although the girl did a pretty good job on my toes, she wouldn't color them, only buff. :mad: Plus I don't like the way she shaped my finger nails. On more than one I they aren't symetrical from one side of the nail to the other. And the whole point of me going was that I didn't do a very good job of shaping by myself. :mad:

But I also had my back waxed whilst I was there, and the girl who did that was just a dream. It didn't hurt in the slightest and she was always inquiring as to wether the wax was too hot, or wether the spreading of it was uncomfotable, not to mention after ripping the cloth off. She also said that she would be happy to wax me completely bare, if that's what I told her I wanted. I said maybe next time.

Seems like it's about time to find another nail salon.
    As for the "waxing" "completely bare" like the commercial says, "Just Do It" You'll toss out your razor.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Hmm, I do actually. I was buying a pair of leggings at a store once, in drab, and the guy checking me out was real buff and muscular, looked macho with a shaved head and everything. Guess looks aren't much because he didn't give me any strange looks, or asked what they were for or anything.

I've also gotten quite a few compliments, from friends and strangers, on my hair. I tend to wear it in girly styles while in guy clothes just because I like to. All the girls love it though.

I also got this new pair of pink striped gloves recently for winter, I have no problems wearing it in drab, everyone thinks it's kinda funny, but not really making fun of me, they just say "Hey nice gloves!" as a fun joke.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

I think Payless is pretty uniformly friendly to CDers. I actually think we form a large customer base for them -- probably because the shoes are relatively cheap and if y'all are like me, I don't want to spend a lot of money for girl stuff -- especially since my family (and especially my wife's) need for shoes and clothes come before my own "girl" side. If I recall, I believe Payless recently had a whole marketing blitz catering to crossdressers.

I have been out in public twice in girl mode -- the first time at a mall in Charleston, SC over a year ago. The SA was WONDERFUL. Called me "ma'am," and treated me with great interest, kindness, and respect. I bought 2 pairs of pumps for $20, and she asked if I wanted a purse to go with it. I thanked her for being so nice to me, and she just smiled. It made me feel incredibly awesome.

SiobhanW,

Why wouldn't polish your toes wilh colored nail polish? Did you ask for color? If you asked for color, then you shouldn't have paid for the service.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW View Post

You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    I was in a DSW shoe store browsing around, when I noticed a guy over in the next aisle doing the same. He picked up a pair of womens shoes, looked them over, and walked up to the cashier and paid for them and left. There are probably a lot more of us than we know.
    Last edited by Melinda G; 12-02-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Renee, I have always wanted to get my nails done in the French Manicure
    I think they look so Fem. and Sexy. I have had a Peddy's done several times but never my finger nails. My finger nails are quite long for a guy and I am sure there would be no problem getting tips put on. Question:... What does the process intail and how do you get them off ? I want to have it done so bad but am scared to death because I know they are really noticeable.

I went to Payless Saturday afternoon dressed. I was not looking for anything perticular, but I did find the cutest pair of Mary Janes with 2.5" heels. I also found a pair of 3" black heels that I also got. Even the SA that checked me out loved the Mary Janes. I asked her after she had checked me out if I could put them on. She said, "Sure". So I sat down and changed my heels for the Mary Janes. After I stood up the SA remarked that they looked very good on me and went with my Black and White dress very well. I thanked her and walked out. I did not have a lot of time since we had a XMAS party to get ready for and wife was going to come home early from her gym class because of the party.

Getting Nails done at Salon to Deanna2 & Paulacder

Hey Deanna and Paula.......I am responding to both of your posts at the same time because you both basically asked about getting my nails done at a salon.....

The real nail expert at this site is DanaJ....hey Dana if you are seeing this!!! So if you need technical answers see DanaJ and her posts.

All I can tell you about getting your nails done (I get usually arcrylic tips 1/4 to 3/8 inch long French or American manicure) is that 99.9% of your worries of who will see and what will be said and will you be embarrassed are all in your head. I have been many times to get my nails done and it is wonderful!!! As a matter of fact one of the best things is talking to the nail tech and other women in the salon. To me it is a major rush to watch them transform my nails and hear all the comments. The bottom line is this.....Most people or techs just do not care.

I feel so feminine during and after getting my nails done. I would recommend to anyone.

Also....many girls have found my nails attractive (I'm serious....I can't tell you how many times a girl has said how much she like my nails....I love it every time someone comments on my nails). That's coming from a guy that in my opinion is just average looking. I'm not sure I would ever had the opportunity to talk to many of these women if my nails weren't done and we didn't have something in common.
    Last edited by Renee D; 12-03-2007 at 01:33 PM.

A trip to Payless is more like therapy to me when I am having a bad day. I have about 6 of them within driving distance and each of them carry a decent selection of my sizes. I find that the big mall Payless stores are not as much fun and have less of selection, but the little strip mall locations are great. By now, the SA's know me in guy mode, always ask to see pictures (or I offer anyway) and the banter you all have described makes the shopping experience all the more fun.
    Kristen

Hey to Kristen Marie

I just wanted to tell you how fabulous you looked at your tagged .com site .....I wonder if Payless appreciates all this free advertising!

I've never really had a negative shopping experience en drab or en femme. Payless, Lane Bryant, Belk's, Dress Barn, Avenue, etc. I think they all know what we are looking for and that we can be good customers for them. The last trip to Lane Bryant for me was supposed to be just some simple en drab browsing and the sales lady actually talked me into trying a few items on- of which i eventually purchased- had a blast. i think these women in these stores are very helpful. Done makeovers in salon- never nails- would love to sometime though

I have had long acrylic nails since 2005. I got them at first because I really do have bad nails. They used to crack, split down the center, peel, and looked horrible. Since I got my acrylics, I have never had a bad nail, they look great, and light Pink polish makes them look even better. I have gotten a lot of comments about my nails. I have had GG's comment that I had better nails than they did. I also had a GG comment that she wished her husband was there to see my nails, so that he could see that men do take pride in their nails and hands. I have never gotten a negitive comment about my nails. It werid, when I mention I also get pedicures, the first question is "Do you get your toes polished?". I answer "Yes and the polish is Bright Red". Again no negitive comment in response. My nail tech told me once that many of the men that get pedicures in her salon also get their toes polished with color.