Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What has crossdressing done for you?....

It's done nothing but made me more bewildered,unhappy, and desolated.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRotten View Post
    It's done nothing but made me more bewildered,unhappy, and desolated.
    ...got to add...divorce
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

Salandra, that sounds so rewarding

It has made my life more complicated.

It has made my SO and I wonderfully close and enriched our intimate lives.

It has made my kids and I closer too.

It has made me more fearful of many things that I know I need to overcome.

It has made me more understanding and accepting of gay people but it also has made me see how intolerant many of them can be of people that are different.

It has brought me closer in touch with a side of me that had long been yearning to be expressed and crossdressing and its peripheral activities have been a conduit for this.

It has made me aware of contradictions within my character and thinking.

It has brought me many frustrations because I cannot come out to the world about it.

It has made me spend out of control that I could not afford.

I get do something I truly enjoy now and then.

Michelia

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    First and most importantly it has put me in a position to trust my wife with all my secrets, for which am am daily rewarded by how close we have grown.

It has caused me to lose 40 lbs while being able to support my wife in her healthy goals without her feeling like I am expecting her to be the size she was 5 children ago..(although I must say down 65 lbs now she's looking darn close!)

I am careful about the sun, pay attention to grooming in general in male mode.

I have vastly improved my male wardrobe even as it is buried in a deluge of femme items. I have learned fabrics, and thrifting, and have wool, silk, mohair, camels hair. probably 15 suits or sport coats and spent only 15 dollars n them.

Not to be in anyway inappropriate here or to feast before those that struggle in their relationships, but it has made me a better and more sensitive lover. I never had any complaints before, but I have concentrated and practiced and imagined more fully what it would be like to actually be a woman and have at times pulled it off pretty well according to the feedback I have received

I am so much more accepting of all people especially in the GBLT community. I never thought of myself as intolerant but I now 'get' people more. That there is such a wide range of expressions.

The downside is that I am out of closet space and crowding Dee's side.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I had never thoughtof myself as being very creative but to be able to create Cassy and be real and not a clown means a lot to me. I've also found I'm a lot more understanding of others since being a member of a group that is not accepted by the vast majority of society.