Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do that keeps you firmly in guy mode?

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar

What do you do that keeps you firmly in guy mode?

This weekend I was doing one of the guy things I love - messing around with cars. I was at a motor show and the only feminine thought that entered my head the entire day - a really hot girl passed me in a blouse and skirt that she looked great in and I thought would look good on me. The rest of the time there - nothing, nada, niente.

Same this morning while I was on the treadmill. I was watching last night's episode of the British motoring show "Top Gear" and, again, not a single feminine thought entered my head the entire time.

On Friday I was feeling really girly. This was the day I had set aside for my manipedi and waxing, and afterwards I was going to go shopping for a new dress. However, before I even made it out of my street I had problems with my car and, SNAP, firmly back into guy mode until I'd gotten my car down to the shop and had it fixed. Then it was actually a real slow shift in mindset to where I could get back to thinking about and enjoying the girly stuff I had planned for the rest of the day, it didn't happen all at once.

So the question is....what keeps you firmly in guy mode? Or for that matter what can snap you almost instantly back into guy mode and keep you there, whether you want it to or not?
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

Gold Member
    Like you, automotive stuff.
    I do my own car work.
    Yeah I don't normally have a lot of feminine thoughts when turning wrenches, scraping my hands, or cussing about slipping wrenches [You know where there is this heat shield edge or stud that my hand meets]

Plus I wear my raggediest clothes I can to do car work.

I do my own car work on older cars, say prior to 1980. But I can't be arsed with anything that has an engine compartment so crowded that you can't get to what you need to fix easily, or anything with a computer that controls it.
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "No, ON ME!"

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW View Post
    I do my own car work on older cars, say prior to 1980. But I can't be arsed with anything that has an engine compartment so crowded that you can't get to what you need to fix easily, or anything with a computer that controls it.
    The basics are still the same. AutoZone will hook up a scanner if the check engine light is on.

But yes when everything is crammed under the hood it is a pain. On my wife's stupid Stratus, 3 of the plugs are under the UIM. Talk about a good time replacing them. I look forward to it.

i've been a carpenter for 40 some odd years, so for me it's working with my tools or putzing in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW
    So the question is....what keeps you firmly in guy mode? Or for that matter what can snap you almost instantly back into guy mode and keep you there, whether you want it to or not?
    Everything that requires concentration or distracts from the own appearance, doesn't depend on the activity.
    Can be housekeeping, knitting, sewing, technical stuff or whatever.
    For me it's not a switch of the mode but a switch of the focus.

[SIZE="3"]When I'm around people, especially my wife![/SIZE]
    Vivian

Nothing really. I have a flexible floating neural net and, like Marla, my attention is focused on the task at hand rather than who I "am".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

[SIZE="2"]I do not always feel feminine so it can be anytime. Sometimes when I need to concentrate on my work, I stay in male mode (except that I wear panties almost always) so that I am not distracted by anything else. I've done "male" things around the house in a skirt but sometimes that gets in the way. [/SIZE]

Former Member
    All of my hobbies are generally considered male hobbies. I guess for me it is more of a feeling of when I need to be in girl mode.

Messing about with my "street rod" and my European Capri [which i often use for track days] are my big interest in guy mode. When i,m working on and playing with them, c/ding rarely even enters my head...But when i,m not messing with my cars,.... i like being girly

I love wood working. As soon as I got my early retirement, I sold my car (one was enough for my wife and I) and used my garage as a workshop. I have installed most of te cabinet maker's equipment that is within my abilty to use and within my budget...

With regard to cars, they never were interesting me. Actually I fell in love with a car recently, not as a man, but indeed as a x-dresser... It is the first time I ever fall in love with a car...

I felt that the Mazda Mx 5 would just put the final feminine touch to my x-dressing. That car is so cute...

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=MX5

I can easily imagine myself driving it while "en femme"... Wouldn't touch the engine though... I'd get a gentleman to do that for me...

Eugenie
    PS: I have no acquaitances not vested interest in Mazda cars

European Capri
    Ooh, now you've got me interested! What "Mark" Capri is it?
    "No, ON ME!"

I don't like talking about cars. When guys start doing that, I get the hell out of there.... I get so bored.

*runs away*
    Weeeeeeee

Playing computer games with my son, you can't feel girly playing call of duty

Ok when my daughter wants me to play pepper pig or barbie it gets trickier...

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    What an interesting question and topic!

Sometimes I am 'locked' in guy mode for weeks!!! It's kinda crazy to figure out, but it makes complete sense.

Samantha hit the nail on the head, although when I am wrapped up in all my many male hobbies I barely have time or energy to even think about girl stuff.

When I am working on my cars, auto racing, working on the house, drinking with friends, and all that other cool guy stuff... I rarely 'feel' my girl side much. Like I said at times I have gone weeks with out getting into girl mode, some times barely even caring about doing so. Seems strange to me, but there are definately Gender specific activities that are dominated by one gender or another. Mrs. Danica is not your average girl, and if you met her she seems like a boy... manerisms & personality are more guy like.

I suppose the answer for me is when I have to be. I can only dress away from home as I don't want my children to be affected (they know and have requested that). I push the limits a bit but then.... what is guy mode? Some girls love cars, I love make-up. Not sure about the question? but glad you've asked it ,Siobhan, and I've always loved that name,

hugs,
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Ooh, now you've got me interested! What "Mark" Capri is it?
    Mark 3...2.8 injection

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Mark 3...2.8 injection
    Where can I find Mark 3?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Platinum Member
    been out hunting with the guys.... in camo and hunting boots not very fem ... hell i even broke a nail and did not get upset.........

Cars, Boat racing, and Martial arts.
    Sword fighting. Rc planes...

Although I was just stretching out and was in my pink sweats and pink shirt but i'm not at the Dojo...
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Mark 3...2.8 injection
    That's cool. But being a child of the '60s and '70s, I really prefer the Mk. 1. Who was it on TV in the late '70s who drove a later one? Was it on the Professionals? Maybe the British girls can help me out here?
    "No, ON ME!"

That's cool. But being a child of the '60s and '70s, I really prefer the Mk. 1. Who was it on TV in the late '70s who drove a later one? Was it on the Professionals? Maybe the British girls can help me out here?
    yup..the professionals drove mark 3s!!

About the only thing that can do that for me is when I am at the gun range or practicing martial arts. Sometimes, it doesn't work and I want to be in the chicks with machineguns videos! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by loki_uk View Post
    Playing computer games with my son, you can't feel girly playing call of duty
    I guess it's video gaming for me too, although if I can play a girl character I will.
    Weeeeeeee