Thread: Keeping the stash clean

Keeping the stash clean

I live with my parents, and niether of them know about my cross-dressing. I have been holding on to a stash, and I have had it for a while, and now it needs to be washed. Unfortunately, there not my mom's clothes, so I cant mix them in with the wash...What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Emma View Post
    I live with my parents, and niether of them know about my cross-dressing. I have been holding on to a stash, and I have had it for a while, and now it needs to be washed. Unfortunately, there not my mom's clothes, so I cant mix them in with the wash...What should I do?
    Hi: How about throwing them in a back back and taking them to a laundramat. Thats about all I can think off unless they are out for a couple of hours when you can do them at home. Good luck Kahlan

hi emma, that's why the laundromat was invented. if you
    are afraid to use one where you live, go to another area of town or even to another town.just make sure you follow the laundering instructions so you don't damage any of your feminine finery.
    Jill

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    are afraid to use one where you live, go to another area of town or even to another town.just make sure you follow the laundering instructions so you don't damage any of your feminine finery.
    Jill
    Yeah that is true, some of the femme clothes [or male for that matter] must be dry cleaned. If you wash dry clean in water, it will ruin them, like shrinking or fading badly

Spend the money and take them to the Cleaners, or laundry mat...time well spent. Nothing beats clean cloths, well except a great pair of leggs.....silky mist that is....heheh

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Yeah that is true, some of the femme clothes [or male for that matter] must be dry cleaned. If you wash dry clean in water, it will ruin them, like shrinking or fading badly
    Erin, Must disagree with you. The only thing that is to be dry cleaned only are blazers and jackets. All others can be washed if proper care is taken. That includes, skirts, pants, blouses, etc.

To launder properly any item that says dry clean only, use only cold water. If an item is delicate, ie a mesh blouse, then use the gentle cycle. A mild detergent like woolite is recommended. Do not place any of these items in the dryer. Either line or flat dry. It is hot water and the dryer that causes the shrinkage.

I was told this by my manager when I worked at the Limited. Niney percent of the Limited clothing states "dry clean only". She stated that this is done to ensure that the clothing looks good and lasts over an extended period. She stated that over 80% of the American public under age 40 do not know how to do laundry properly and will destroy garments doing it improperly. The company, and other companies, put the dry clean only on their garments to keep customers from coming back on them if they launder them improperly. These garments can be safely laundered when done properly.

I have been the owner of Limited clothing and clothing from other upscale stores for over 10 years. I have laundered all my items except blazers and jackets and have never had a problem. This includes lined woolen garments. Then again, I know how to properly do laundry.

Jodi

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    Jill

Good grief, some times i wander what planet some of you girls are on. Just take them to the laundry. No one and I mean NO ONE gives a d??? what you are washing. People live together and both partners take turns in doing the laundry and it is VERY common for either sex to present clothes that belong to the other sex at a laundry. Your female partner or mum will have no qualms about doing your male clothes for you if you if your home washing machine wash broke, so for goodness sake stop being so whimpish. Some times I think some girls mix up being femme with doing things that their male chauvinistic attitudes would stop them doing in male mode. It is the 21st Century and men do do jobs that used to be a womens only like house work, laundry, grocery shopping and clothes shopping.

Sorry to be brutal, but...........

Hugs

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Emma View Post
    Take your stash to the coin laundromat!
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

hahaha . just send it to a cleaner. they can do it. they dont care who are what are u wearing. they just want the business. some of the cleaners even color matches ur bra and panties

Heck, don't your parents ever go out for the evening? Wash your things -- on gentle or hand wash if necessary -- when you have the house to yourself. Besides, at your age, you should be doing your own laundry anyway.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

do what I do, put on some girly clothes then do the wash yourself..

it is really exciting waiting for them to wash then opening the dryer and looking at it all saying "these are my clothes"
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

If your old enough to have your own stash your old enough to do your own laundry wether that be at home or the laundry mate.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    The only thing that is to be dry cleaned only are blazers and jackets. All others can be washed if proper care is taken. That includes, skirts, pants, blouses, etc.

To launder properly any item that says dry clean only, use only cold water. If an item is delicate, ie a mesh blouse, then use the gentle cycle. A mild detergent like woolite is recommended. Do not place any of these items in the dryer. Either line or flat dry. It is hot water and the dryer that causes the shrinkage.
    Alright, thanks for that insight My only "dry clean only" clothes are my femme things. Next time I won't have to piss away a lot of money on the dry cleaners.

When I was in the closet, now I am in my own apartment, I would wait until I took a day off work and my wife went to work and my kids went to school then I would hand wash as much as I could hang up on the basement line. they would be dry before I had to pick up my wife from work. I would fold everything and stash them away again. I would wash other items on the next home alone day.

By the way, when I lived at home my mother insisted on doing all the laundry no my age or my brothers'. My wife is the same way, she will not let me or my son do the laundry.

I do my own now that I am living on my own. Machine wash my regular clothes and hand wash my feminine clothes.

Bonnie

Why not just do all the laundry?

Most lingerie and lightweight fabrics dry ultra fast - only takes a few hours in rooms with good dry ventilation. Cotton fabrics are usually the slowest to dry and are best put on an outside clothes line.

My wife and I have huge volumes of sporting clothes (running, cycling, swimming) to do which is mostly delicate fabrics e.g. lycra, polypropylene, hi tech synthetics, etc, so we both get to do laundry duties every other day. I soon learned to get my femme stuff done amongst our other delicate stuff and haul it out before being noticed.

If you are into being a CD you need to be into doing laundry. Goes with the territory - and you can make it a bit of a science if you're really keen, just like our grandmothers and (probably mothers) did.

So just volunteer to do the laundry - it's good practice.
    And menial tasks are good for the soul!

Jazzmine
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.

go to the laundry mate

Years ago when I was single, I would put my fem clothing that needed washing in with my male clothing and go down to the local laundryMat. Then too many apartments at that time had laundryrooms and many times when I would use one to wash, there would not be anyone else there. Most of the locals are large enough that you can do your washing and drying without many noticing. Then too, I have noticed that most people who use the local laundrymats are polite enough not to look at what your washing. When we moved to VA, I went first and stayed in a small apartment building that had a lasundry room. I stayed there four months and all that time only twice did I go down to the laundry room and see another tenent doing their wash too.

I do mine here at the house. Yes, my wife doesn't approve and thinks I quit a few years back. Hand wash when I get the chance and hang them in the back of the closet with a little room between them to dry. Matter of fact, may be some sitting there from a month ago. I better go check!

"If" you can do it home alone... Just remember "Woollite" for lingerie and knits and other hand washables. Woolite does me just right. Also some dryers have insertable racks for drying delicates, Another "Fave" of mine!
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

Be the dutiful husband /boy friend, mix your female clothes with your male clothes and go the laundramat. If anyone says anything tell them your doing your boyfriends clothes at the same time no one will take you serious and you get clean stash.

I have been lucky my wife does mine for me.

Freeze them!

Here is something no one has mentioned yet:

Throw them in the freezer to disinfect them. If you live in a wintry climate, put them outside in the freezing weather. Like your car overnight. This will prolong the time required before you wash them.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!