Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the internet made you more of a CD or not?

Has the internet made you more of a CD or not?

It occurs to me that before I had internet access I was a CD but it has probably made me worse than I perhaps would have been.

Before the net I would very rarely buy anything and spent a whole lot less time worrying about it. I would very very occationaly find a magazine or book on the subject and keep them stashed away for years.

Before the net I knew there were others out there but had no idea just how many. Seeing a ******* was a shock. Seeing another "guy" in a frock in a mag was exciting. Visiting the occational "special" shop was overpowering, very nerve wracking and brilliant. But again very rare.

Since the internet, I'm not shocked at seeing pictures of almost anything. I'm not worried about shopping and surf tht shops most days. I think about the little things like painting my nails rather than the clothes all the time. I can find some realy special pretty clothes that I would never had imagined existed for somebody of 6' 6".......and here I am conversing with others who I would never had contact with any other way..

All in all I think the internet has made me more of a CD than I would have been.

It has certainly made shopping easier, especially for things like forms, which would be very difficultto find locally.

I will have to say that without the internet, I would not be where I am today in my CDing. Because of the internet, I have found all the others like myself, made a lot of new CD friends, found out about Tri-Ess, which I am now a member. This forum and others, which have allowed me to come to terms with what I am, helped me in telling the wife, going out in the daylight, and just enjoying being a girl all the time.
    Before the internet, I felt totally alone, not sure of myself, and would never had ventured out into the daylight among the public dressed.

I don't think the internet has made me more of a C.D. but it has bought a "place" for a closet C.Der to see and chat to others and not feel alone. It has also provided a place for information, which I probaly would no find else where. And one day may make it less difficult telling the G.F about this side of me.
    Also being a C.D has made me a bit more tolerent towards others.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I thinks we are all born cds. The internet just help bring out the girl in some of us.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hmmm, good question!

As JoAnn says, finding so many syphathetic others, has improved my self image as a CD. And I believe I spend much more time thinking and talking about CDing online, than I did thinking about it before.
    However, my actual CDing has decreased because of my time spent online!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not really Sarah. It has given me a better understanding of people though, especially TG folks.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The internet has made me aware of the notion that I am not alone in my feelings and that I am not (?) mentally ill. When I was talking with a therapist I had only his confirmation that what I was going thru was not deviant or shocking, but the family here has made me feel much better. Yes the shoping on line is easier and products for us XDressers are easier to find, but mostly its this forum that has made more comfortable.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    Since I'm in IT, the Internet (or more factually) the computer, has changed my life in every conceivable way. I quite honestly do not know what my life would be like if computers had not gone mainstream, it certainly wasn't headed much in the right direction before I found this career.

But back to CD'ing, and the answer is not significantly. With the exception being this site - I've said before that you are all bad influences (but I love it!).
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

Wink

[QUOTE=Sarah Plumber;1108403]It occurs to me that before I had internet access I was a CD but it has probably made me worse than I perhaps would have been.

That's interesting that you think it "Made you WORSE". I hope you are not ashamed of who you are. The internet is the greatest discovery of this century and because of it, here we are. We all now have more choices to shop, watch, listen, and share. Being a CD will always be a part of me and I will always find a way to GET those shoes or bra or whatever I need to fuel my passion. Before the internet, I used magazines and mail orders...etc. Now is so much more convenient and I think the biggest benefit for me, Uasia, is to know I am not alone!

The internet, especially this site, has given me the knowledge that I needed to understand that it is a normal thing for us to do, whether for stress relief or what have you.
    I probably would have never gone full time if I hadn't ever met the helpful people here.

So yes, the internet has made me more than I was before. I'm glad too. Not having to hide it anymore is such a load off my mind.
    Keeping it hidden all these years was probably the root cause for my depression.
    I'm much happier now that I'm out in public full time. I'd like to fully transition, but I'm not sure that it is possible due to my health. (Awww)
    Any way, the internet is great, and so is this site!
    ~~Sandy~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    The biggest influence through the internet, for me, has been this forum.

I have found out that I am exactly what I had been telling myself: an interesting person who happens to crossdress.

I know this by finding so many interesting people, in stimulating variety, here on this board.

This helped me become more comfortable and saved me all the energy I did, or might have put into obsessing over "am I OK to do this?"

I have learned alot about what is available to buy...and I have been able to buy smarter. I get ideas on the net and from all of You, and I actually buy most of my stuff at local retail shops and transform salons.

I do do plenty of dreaming at online shops, and love the inspiring photos from our own Pictures and Videos forum, and occasionally, the Beauty Tips.....

I would never say "worse", I am a "better" CD because of the 'Net and especially because of all of You participating here at this site.

Thank You All !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

internet

Soooooo much more - I have never shared any images before this. Its a huge increase in my activity.

The Internet hasn't sped up or expanded my dressing. It has brought me the understanding I wish I had years ago. I have learned so much and found out I was not alone, not a bad person, and part of a vast number of similar minded folk.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I agree with Roberta about this forum being an influence. I am free to ask questions without being judged. I have recieved some interesting answers. I can also learn different things by reading others posts. Also there are others in here somewhat like me.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

It hasn't increased my activity that much, besides helping me to find the courage to buy my first set of undergarments and wear them (especially my bra) to the point that it's no longer some novel sexual fetish; on the very rare occasions when I CD now it isn't so much of a turn-on anymore... Now it just feels, I dunno.. right, somehow.

And of course, between this site and urnotalone.com, I feel much more confident about this side of myself.

it has helped me progress to Mona. Before the Internet I would wear panties and nylons, that was it. on the Internet I bought my 1st dress, 1st wig and 1st makeup! Then I found this wonderful forum!!

Banned Read only
    Not really.

There was always mail order for stuff not available locally. My social circles are unchanged because of the internet. I can see it being a comfort tool for the closet crossdresser, but it doesn't often portray real world crossdressing at all well because there are so many online talking about it that don't actually live it.

It has helped with my self acceptance knowing there are a lot of other c/ders out there. Also it has turned me into a shopaholic, with the amount i spend on girly things!!

NO, but after reading these stories. I found out more about other CDs. That I did not know before. In which has helped me to know and have greater Respect. For them and how they live.

So stay out there and be what you are or want to be.

God Bless you all.

Not really as so many have already said. I knew I was not alone but hearing from so many here about how they feel and cope with being what we are has made me feel much better about myself.

Vieja

Smile Opened my Mind

[SIZE="3"]The internet has introduced me to other people like myself. I have also learned much about why we do what we do. I have found resources that I never would have known.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Plumber View Post
    It occurs to me that before I had internet access I was a CD but it has probably made me worse than I perhaps would have been....>snip<
    Not "worse," sweetie....better

For me, certainly the net has helped me widen my circle of acquaintances and progress in my journey (though lately the journey has taken a short detour). Meeting others like us, chatting, reading of others' experiences, shopping....the net has been a godsend (IMHO) as far as developing as a CD.

The internet as made me feel less lonely because of the friends i have made here
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Yes indeed, the net changed my life... More than the net, it was the unlimited connection time with ADSL which changed completely the accessibility to various information sources.

That's when I finaly got access to so many resources on X-dressing.

It is only then that I started to better accept who I am. In about 5 years I have made more progress than in 40 years...

And this forum in particular has been very helpful.

Eugenie