Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting older

I have always had a strong desire to dress. When I was younger, I tried very hard to repress it for a variety of reasons. Now that I am older, I say let's live for a change.

Babette

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    There may be biological factors at play as well as the environmental ones identified above.

As men age (starting in their late 30s) their testosterone levels usually decrease, changing the hormone balance in the body. This is exacerbated by some statins (lipitor) prescribed for cholesterol control, and possibly by accumulations of visceral (internal) fat. There are some medical folk who believe that the visceral fat actually produces estrogen; it is well known that the statins affect the liver's ability to absorb it. So it may well be that we older folk (jj's guy-side was born in '51; she's quite a bit younger) feel more feminine because we are more feminine biologically.

Or it may be that we just have more disposable cash to buy pretty things and more opportunities to wear them.

-jj
    I agree, I think alot of it has to do with hormone balance. Also the who cares attitude is a factor as well.

Renee

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    My desire to dress HAS gotten stronger the older I get. I also want to stay out longer and have more femme days. We had this discussion at our local tri-ess meeting a few months back, and we determined that alot of CDs just get a case of the I dont cares after 40 or so and do what has always been inside.
    Erika Leigh

Thank you Jenniferj your reply may explain why we need to dress more as we become older.

Aspiring Member

opposite effect 4 me

For me it has gotten weaker as time goes on.

Yup, I agree with Erika's "case of the I don't cares".Life IS short, we put our time in,and we deserve to enjoy!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I have noticed long-term cycles of varying intensity and frequency of dressing. Usually dependent on circumstance - but about 27 years ago, I had a few years of not dressing. Much. Lately it is virtually every day - er, well, night and sometimes day. And always underdressed. The other difference is I am buying in stores like Pennys and less so at Goodwill. Though a good used clothing store is always fun to go through. Joni

In the last few years I have dressed more and gone out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Well. Getting old is not for sissy's.
    [SIZE="3"]No doubt Alice!!!!! My urge to dress has always been the same, it may fluctuate week to week but always a constant companion so to speak. Getting older well I find I am expressing my female vanity when I worry about my weight and desiring a face lift, moisurizing like a fanatic to keep the tiny lines in check and constantly trying to coordinate my ouyfits to fit my age.
    I do however find that dressing as a woman makes me look and feel ten years younger!!!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    NO it only more intense if you're living alone not older. Because you can do it any time you want. You need to do more just to get the same feeling you had when you put on that first pantie.
    As for my own case, I have to clearly disagree with your statement.
    In my life, there have been various time intervals when living alone or when not, so that I have much experience of both situations, and how they differ for me between each other.

Eventually, my crossdressing became stronger and stronger just after I realized it was a way to express my feminity, and not only a sexual turn-on ; and that happened late in my life, and when en-couple.

When I was much younger I was somewhat "macho" and would surely not have wanted to expressed any feminity at all !

Now, I am older, wiser and becoming very proud of my feminine side, and this might be still increasing in the future.

Nadia-Maria

I'ts more meaningful at an old age

When I was young it was just sexual fantasy. I would put on some nylons a pair of heals and a dress and in five minutes I would get off sexually. strip down and go about my boy things. Now that I'm older It's more the other side of myself that really comes out and I love it. Now I dress for Daviolin. She's a very sensitive lady that likes to look her best. I put a lot of time in getting her just right. I'm not gay but sometimes I wish I could meet a man that would treat me like a lady, and go on dates and just have fun. Daviolin

Getting older has brought me FREEDOM !
    That FREEDOM equals retirement. I worked for 35year and was on a strict schedule , had many things on my mind, constant stress, self imposed pressure to be a "success" and of course peer pressure (or at least the feeling that having the approval of my peers was important). Now I have spare time, very low stress, a schedule that is almost totally flexible and no one to try to impress. It's been very liberating in many ways. Obviously one of these is crossdressing. I now have the time, money and freedom to do as I want. And yes, that means I spend a lot more time thinking about dressing and actually dressing.
    It's been great and I am enjoying every minute of it .

I'm only 60, I'll let you know when I get older.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I was younger my desire to dress was strong, but as I have gotten older the desire has gotten even stronger. I'm 54, and I love every minute that I can dress.

Content and Happy
    I am older now and live the life I dreamed about when I was younger.

Lanore

I'm 57 and dressing whenever I can and believe I will get away with it. Going out of town on business always helps! What I am finding is that I am toning down the short skirts, garters and thigh highs. Buying more mature clothes and mid calf to the knee lengths. Fitting in is more important now that I am starting to go out.