Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about CD'ing & Stress Relief

Question about CD'ing & Stress Relief

The post about the "turn on" of dressing got me thinking....

I had mentioned in that post the relaxation and stress relieving part of dressing (and yes turn on too!)......my question is

Is there ANYTHING else in your life that gives you stress relief and relaxation that dressing does? And, what would that activity be? (For me, there is nothing that even comes close to dressing that relieves stress and relaxes me!)

I would love to hear from you....
    Take care

Aspiring Member
    I was going to say there was but even after doing that once back home the first thing I want to do is take a bubble bath, shave body of all unwanted body hair, apply nail polish to my toenails and finish getting dressed as a woman, rather it is to lounge around the house or go out for a drive.
    I enjoy wearing feminine attire.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee D View Post
    Is there ANYTHING else in your life that gives you stress relief and relaxation that dressing does? And, what would that activity be?
    Well indeed there is, and surprisingly it is an activity that is culturaly associated with men: wood working.

I have installed an almost complete workshop to practice that activity. I build furniture, shelves, home decoration, my latest work was a large wooden deck for the garden of my GG friend.

This activity gives me even more stress relief and relaxation than dressing... It relieves me even of the quasi obsessional need to x-dress... Don't think about it when I'm working. I have to pay too much attention when using dangerous machine tools...

And it is a relief for my wife too... She rebuilds the image of the man in me on those occasions which she encourages... And believe me, that's something that counts a lot for me...

Eugenie

Strangely enough, I get a similar feeling after aerobic exercise like running or swimming...I think because it releases dopamine which gives you a natural high. I'll bet the rush from dressing up does the same thing, which would explain why it makes us feel so good?

girl next door
    While they're qualitatively different, there've always been three other activities which can bring me similar relief/release/joy/contentment etc: having sex with my wife ; playing racquetball (kinda like Cissy said) til I'm tired n soaked with sweat; and going to a Grateful Dead (then) or Dark Star Orchestra (now) show and dancing my tooshie off for four hours (transcendant euphoria!).
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Some may say I'm sadistic, but I get stress relief from shooting. After an hour at the range, I feel like all the stress has drained from me.....BJ

When I first came to Dallas, TX, I was looking for a new job. Being over 55 made it real hard. I guess part of the reason my CDing really took off about this time is the fact that I was stressed out. Between being over 55 and in a new city, the stress was huge. Then my sister started a clothing drive for her church and all of a sudden I had all these wonderful outfits, dresses, skirts, blouses, heels, underware at my disposal. I fully believed that my CDing really help my stress level. Allowing me to emerge into being a woman and just forgetting about everything else for a while.

Creating Cassy takes planning (what to wear) total concentration, and focus; the end result is most enjoyable and yes stress relieving. I also enjoy woodworking, creating something from nothing requires the same focus and the end result gives me a similar feeling to CDing.

Exercise or reading.
    Excuse me Sir, is this your purse?

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Sex with another and the Big-O, not alone.
    Heartfelt Conversation.
    Post-Workout (happy) Exhaustion.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Aspiring Member
    OoohTammi, thanks for your post, I typically love to get dressed and listen to the Dead and/or DSO. My name here is:
    il.dso (stands for i love DSO). Glad to know there's a fellow crossdresser/deadhead out there. I guess we really are everywhere!

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Turn on the TV and turn off the brain! Actually, I'm an avid reader and simply MUST read in bed before going asleep.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Anothre good stress reliever for me is listening to music... of course if i do it dressed that's the ultimate stress relief, Jill

Nothing gives me more stress relief or feeling of contentment than being fully dressed en femme.

Stress....

Well dressing is up at the top of my list, but as some one else mention shooting, when I go pistol shooting I loose all stress, but my favorite is when I take my race car to the 1/4 mile strip and rip off a few passes @ 120mph in 11 secs.... nothing like the feel of speed.
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

Former Member
    My hobbies help me relieve stress. I have been a competitive shooter for about 20 years. The state of mind I have to get into before a match requires me to relax and calm my nerves. I also enjoy boating. There is nothing as calming and stress relieving an dropping anchor in a quiet cove and kicking back to watch nature.

I go target or trap shooting.

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK STOCKINGS View Post
    Well dressing is up at the top of my list, but as some one else mention shooting, when I go pistol shooting I loose all stress, but my favorite is when I take my race car to the 1/4 mile strip and rip off a few passes @ 120mph in 11 secs.... nothing like the feel of speed.
    I can see that. Nice legs by the way!

Just having the house to myself, and being able to do as I please, with no stress, taking the Maro for a ride comes in at a close second.

I don't know, maybe a good romp in the hay until both of you are exhausted and sweaty? LOL

Scuba diving does it for me. The sense of flying.
    Only problem is, I do it less often than cd'ing.

I agree with Jacqui. Love the freedom of diving and the removal from all normal outside stimuli. Music is good and dressing great.

Good post! Yes, dressing can be stress relief for me, but I do it whether I'm stressed or not, lol! There are other things I enjoy that are just as good for stress relief. Like others said, I enjoy music alot. I love to be outdoors, and enjoy gardening and working in my yard. It's not work to me, I really do get a high from taking care of the property. I also spend a lot of time swimming in my pool (although not at this time of year ).
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

As silly as it may sound, playing "Gears of War" on my X-box 360!!!!

And woodworking!!!
    Jonnie XOXO

Banned Read only
    listening to music, reading, walking, are all great stress relievers to me, but crossdressing is the best!