Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst experience when you've been out en femme?

I had an expieriance 4 years ago. I was going to a meeting in St. Louis of a group I belonged to at the time. It was a two and a half hour drive. Well, I was dressed al pretty, althought I don't pass real well. I was late and was stopped by an Illinois State police officer. My heart sank all the way down to you know where, when the lights came on. He walked up to the car and ask me for all the paperwork and just sorta looked me over. I told him I was driving a little fast because I was late for a meeting. Well if the my looks didn't give it away the voice did. I thought this is going to be fun. He said just a minute and walked back to his car. He came back and said everything was in order and that he was going to just warn me. Then he started asking about how to get in touch with this group about joining, boy was I blown away. So I gave him the web site, He said thanks for the info and said drive safe and enjoy your evening. You talk about a surprise. Reba Kay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never been out. And from reading your horror stores, Not sure I ever will.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Some amazing stories you hve there. I've only been out 25-30 times all in the last year. The worst (which is nothing) was at a CD Mardi Gras in March. We had a part of a banquet hall with a High Schl Reunion next door. When we were leaving one of the guys from the reunion said to me and the ladies I was with "Have a Nice evening, Ladies" in a voice full of disgust. I don't know if I've just been lucky, but for those who haven't been out, trouble is unlikely.

Raychel -- Don't let these stories discourage you from stepping out all dressed up. I'm sure most of us could relate more horror stories en drab than en femme.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

My worst experience was having the magnetic key for my hotel room not open the door as i was returning to my room and I had to go the the lobby and show my id to get a new key. The desk person didn't laugh just went about his business. This was the first time I was 'identified' as a crossdresser. The world didn't stop turning and now I laugh about it. However, at the time it almost seemed as if I had been arrested and needed to call my wife to bail me out! Now I don't really give it much thought whether or not I'm read.

Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    My worst experience was having the magnetic key for my hotel room not open the door as i was returning to my room and I had to go the the lobby and show my id to get a new key. The desk person didn't laugh just went about his business. This was the first time I was 'identified' as a crossdresser. The world didn't stop turning and now I laugh about it. However, at the time it almost seemed as if I had been arrested and needed to call my wife to bail me out! Now I don't really give it much thought whether or not I'm read.
    In other words - the worst part was the fear of what 'might' be said, inside yourself?? :winking:

Sticks and stones..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

When Aerosmith's "Dude looks like a lady" came out, a local bar had a contest in honor of the tune. I went to a Merle Norman for help with my makeup on my way to the club. Well we leave the store and she locks up, and we start on our separate ways. I discover I had left my keys in the store. Doh!!

I had to run across through the mall to try to catch her, fortunately I did. Well, she didn't have a key to the store and had to call her manager to come out and open the store for me. That was a close call.

The first time I went to the mall dressed, I had just walked in
    an entrance, as soon as I'm in the middle of the mall I hear a teen-aged male exclaim "It's a Dude!" One of the last times I was out, I heard a teen-aged male ask "was that a man or a woman?" Both times I walked away without looking or responding to them.

Really though, almost all of my experience's were positive. I was always read, but it seemed everyone was willing to play
    along. Austin TX can be a kind of an oasis at times. Twice,
    guys have laughed near me but no comments.

Someone once said, The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.....

i havent had a bad experience myself but i've heard of some pretty bad one's that make me not want to go out.

Some years ago I got stopped for speeding by the police - but the guy was really nice, no comments or anything - just a ticket.

A few months ago I couldn't get back into my room at a hotel because of a problem with the magnetic card - so I had to go to the reception (2 in the afternoon), explain the situation and get the card revalidated.

In both cases I was pooing myself at the time...... but afterwards I thought 'that wasn't so bad... in fact it was quite exciting'

Last spring I was out during the day 100% enfemme. It was raining and kind of slick on the roads. I ended up rear ending someone. The police officer was cool. Looked at my license, looked at me and referred to me a ma'am. Unfortunatley I did get a ticket

Maybe not the worst, but one of the earliest that shook my confidence for a while...

Walking through a local mall dressed rather inappropriately in a tight leather skirt and heels, with amateurish makeup. Spotted by a gang of teenage girls who started screaming "It's a guy".

The walk back to my car followed by this chanting mob was the longest in my life...and the most difficult due to the tight skirt and heels. "Never again...that's it" I swore to myself.

Of course, my abstinence was temporary and I've been read several times since...but that was one I will never forget.

Fortunatly i've never been caught out publicly,but the most scariest time was being caught by my landlord and his sister.

For some reason i calculated that he'd be out of the flat all day, so i took the oppotunity to dress and take some pictures in the kitchen..

I had a camcorder hooked up to a microphone stand that i was using as a tripod. I'd just set eveything up got dressed, and was ready to do some posing when it happend..part of me denied i heard anything at all but it was a key being turned in the street door,just a couple of meters from the flat door, never in my life have i ever moved so fast, i grabbed the tripod my clothes, hand bag, damn my heels they're tie ups,no time to worry, and i ran for my life to get to my room, but, it was too late ,the game was up...shocked looks on both sides.

I carried on running to my room denying to myself that they ever saw me.Immediatly plotting a cover story (was gonna blatently deny it and say they must of had seen an illusion, trick of the light or something.I shut my door, quickly changed to drab, and awaited the fall out..

The funny thing about it was i had the camcorder running the whole time..wished i kept the video now, the look on my face was pure fear when i realised someone was coming, and i could hear my self cursing the whole time. Anyway the fall out was that i had to get rid of the clothes or i was on the street. A lot of nice clothes were lost that day not to mention my dignity.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Too bad you didn't give them to me Or to a friend to keep for you.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Most police just don't care much, they've seen it before, in most cases. But I didnt really know, or didn't want to test it the day I took a turn a bit too fast and hit the side of someone's car.(this was a few years ago) The woman was really angry at first, and didn't notice that I wasn't what I appeared to be. I was flipping out. today I wouldn't be, but I was then! I told the woman that my insurance was all in order and that I live about 1 minute away, and begged her to let me run home and come back before she called the police. Thank goodness she said yes. So I drive home like a maniac, into the house, ripping clothes off, shove my face under the shower head, rubbing frantically. I don't even remember getting dressed. The sherrif showed up about 1 minute after I got back, so she didn't exactly keep her word. Or maybe she thought I wasn't coming back. I was pretty obviously dishevelled, hair a mess, eyes a bit red, still out of breath. The cop asked me if I had been drinking. I said no, just a bit nervous.(True!) He was a bit skeptical, but ultimately believed me, and gave me a ticket. If it happens again, I will be much calmer. Also, I was still with the ex then. Thank goodness she wasn't home!

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

This happened many years ago when I stayed on my own in a flat in town. I had gone out dressed for a late evening stroll when I arrived back at the flat door to find I had locked myself out. Real panic set in! The flat door was solid - there was no way I could force my way in. I went back outside in case any neighbours came up the stairs and found me. I walked around for ages trying to come up with a plan when I suddenly remembered I had a spare key in my car! Unfortunately I didn't have my car keys either so I had to wait until things were quiet then break into my own car (no alarm thankfully!). The relief I felt when I fell back into my flat was incredible! I had to pay for a new side window for my car but I think I got off lightly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    I left the theatre one evening and while negotating a couple turns through town I noticed red lights flashing ahead, thinking wreck, I continued on at a slower speed, the closser I got to the scene I realized it wasn't a wreck but a D.U.I. check point. Of all things a female officer walked up to my car shined her flashlight in my window, I was instantly read, she asked if I had anything to drink, I told her that I had not, she smiled and asked if could I walk the painted line in the road with those heels on, I told her I could. She smiled and said have a good evening.

This one is very funny indeed!

Me, our neighbor across the street spotted me during one of the few times I've been out in public dressed. I am pretty sure he made me, but not 100 percent sure. He never said anything to me. Still, I live not quite sure that he knew or not.

However, since I go around shaved smooth and wearing female tops and bottoms even without a wig, I know for sure he knows something is up with me.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

I have never been out fully dressed. However, I have forgotten about lipstick on occasion and know that I was read.

I also was in the office on a weekend about a week ago and was wearing mostly female attire, but really not that noticable except for my padded bra, nylons, and pumps.

A fellow came into my office from the office across the hall. Evidently he just came in to get something. So there I was doing stuff at the filing cabinet when he came in.

That just never happens on the weekend as usually no one is there is the first place.

I was able to hide my bra, but I couldn't hide the pumps or nylons showing below my slacks.

He looked down a couple of times and had to have seen what I was wearing. He didn't say anything but his face looked a little troubled. Nothing has been said since and we still exchange pleasantries in the hallways.

Maybe I wasn't read, but it sure seemed like it.

It has to be the time I crashed my car in broad daylight dressed as a schoolgirl

Not so funny when the police turned up though

I never had bad experiences while going out "en femme".

Sometimes I had a bad feeling of being observed, but I think that it was more in my head than a true situation.

In one case a young woman could hardly contain bursting in a loud laughter... I felt a bit bad but I had probably earned that laughter with the poor work I had done at dressing and doing my makeup...

I know though that some sisters have had pretty bad experiences whil "en femme". I hope it won't happen to me... That's one of the reasons I never go out alone and prefer to stay in crowded places...

Eugenie

I can say that I have never had a bad experiance while crossdressed. I have always had good times. I guess that is why I do think it would be great to go out again someday when I get the chance. It's been years since I was able to, but had a great time when I did.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    Been pulled over for drunk driving. I was fading lanes and he was right behind me. Got out of the car, did the breathalizer ect. Supposedly I was "marginal". Not sure I believe it but the officer let me go with specific instructions where to exit the highway for coffee. We could see the exit where we were standing.
    I really was tired (mostly). Only proof I might have really been lucky on the breathalizer is that afterwards he did that "shine the light in my eyes" test. Since I didn't measure very drunk, he was probably checking my pupils thinking maybe I was on drugs . Those I never touch. This one scared the crap out of me. It was a rare occasion for me to drive like that. Now it never happens.
    I'm glad you didn't go to the slammer, Gen!

Walking through crowded (very) penn station in platform heels ect and I slipped on a bottle cap. Went down to the floor in comical fashion. Penn station has never been that quite (for about 30 sec) and all eyes were on the tranny who fell.
    Oh, my! But you're still here, so it's all good!

I guess I'm just a positive person.
    Yes, you definitely are, Genifer! Able to take all that in stride! You are beautiful!
    Heidi99

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_uk View Post
    It has to be the time I crashed my car in broad daylight dressed as a schoolgirl

Not so funny when the police turned up though
    Hey I did some thing like that. Long story. First NYE,(iv;e only been out for six weeks) and some lady ran the light. The first words out of her mouth please dont call the cops I just got a DUI. She wanted me to follow her to her cousins house. SHe walked away and sent her cousin to deal with me. By then the police came. Oh the lady was so kind enough to leave her drivers linces and wallet for the cops to ID her. The cars is not hers but her mom's. To top it all off I made the mistake of calling my dad and telling him I Was in an accident. He wanted to come out . I had to tell him about niya.

THe funny thing is when she gave her statement to the cops she said she freaked out cause I was a guy in a dress .

Silver Member
    Well, all of these "worst experiences" happen to involve someone getting "caught" or almost caught. I have something different to relate. It was definately MY worst experience, however.

My wife and I had gone to NYC to babysit our latest grandchild while the parents took their first vacation since the birth. I took NO male clothes. I flew down as Stephenie and spent the week as Stephenie. Some of you may remember my story about flying down. My wife was not really used to going out with Stephenie at all. We decided to go to a Broadway Show. So we both got dressed up and left the apartment. Let me tell you, the further into the evening we got (and it started right away), the more upset she became. I could do nothing right, she took offence at everything I said or did, she refused to walk beside me on the street. Oh God, it was awful! She just kept getting angrier and angrier. We ended up not seeing a show, not eating dinner, and not doing anything even remotely enjoyable.

That was by far the worst experience I have ever had when out. Has it gotten any better? I thought it might, but sadly, no. We are able to go out together now without all that drama, but I do not think our relationship will survive my transition. Many of you DON'T transition because of the tremendous potential loss. I can tell you it's real. I have been the eternal opimist here, hoping that we will be able to stay together. But our marriage is falling apart ever more quickly. The loss, emotionally and financially, will be devastating. For some (myself included I hope, as I seem to have no real choice), it will be worth it. For some, it's not.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Rose View Post
    I got arrested for being in the women's restroom at a mall. They let me tske of my heels, make-up, bra, and wig before they put me in a cell though. I was charged with "disturbing the peace".
    Hmmm....how does that constitute disturbing the peace? Were your bodily functions especially loud?