Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is what I do “cross-dressing”?

If you have a mind of a Female and dress as a guy then Yes you are crossdressing, even if you have Male genitalia.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyKR View Post
    Perhaps more than anything, I wanted to ensure that I wasn't visiting this board under false pretences. I feel that what I'm into falls quite a way short of what a lot of you on this board do.
    Don't worry about visiting under false pretenses. If nothing else, the tag line of this site is "The #1 site for crossdressers, their family and friends". So just looking to hang out here and chat with others makes you warmly welcome here.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

It sounds like you are comfortable with what you have heard here. Congrats and welcome to the club. I'll offer a few thoughts to several of the posts here, and I promise, not with the intent of starting an argument.

I agree that we shouldn't get hung up on labels, but there are times when they can serve a purpose. When I was in high school, I did a lot of research in an effort to understand and hopefully fix my 'problem'. At the time, I was panicking and sure I was going to hell. I wasn't sure if I was a gay, a woman trapped in a mans body, a transvestite, a CD, etc. Once I was able to put a label on it, I was able to do more research in the right area in order to understand myself and to eventually realize that there are a lot of people like me. I still don't understand WHY I like it, but at least I know I'm not alone.

Abby

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    If you are wearing clothes that you define "women's" or "girl's" clothes, they you are "dressing across the gender divide."

So you can be a crossdresser, and perhaps stretch some people's idea of what a crossdresser is....

Or you can be "a man who wears these clothes", and perhaps stretch some peoples idea of what a "man" is.

Or you could quietly eschew any label, and since you are in the closet, leave yourself and god in a state of blessed confusion.

Blessed Be !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I'm essentially in the same boat as you re dressing. Very rarely have I gone "all the way" with it, and it mostly lives as a fantasy. However when I can I do wear pierced earrings (only fem) and lipstick. I would refer to myself as a crosser although even at a lower gradient than probably most here. And like you, I've had a very strong interest in female fashion and experience all my life.

I'm sure if I felt passable and had better opportunities, I would take it to the next level.

Just enjoy it and know you're welcome here.

ChanDelle

Be happy and don't label yourself. .. If you want a label, here's one...you're a hairstylist who doesn't do hair

I would agree you are indeed a cross dresser "Not that there is anything wrong with that" Enjoy, have a good time and if you get the chance visit one of those services you speak of you'll have a great time. Luv
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee