Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are crossdressers insulting to women?

I don't think you were out of line, Chloe. Just wearing women's clothing shouldn't be insulting to women. I do the best I can to be a fine lady when I (not very often) venture out. There are manners and views/opinions that are insulting, but you don't have to wear a skirt to do those or have those views.

GG opinion

As like all other people i am insulted by various things, and each person has their own list of things that they find insulting.

Personally as a GG i am not insulted by CDing/CDer's, (good thing for my hubby!). I understand that his dressing is not meant to slight me or women in general; he dresses for himself.

I agree with some posts regarding the actions/mannerisms that some CDer's may engage in while dressed. Those actions/mannerisms are things that i would find offensive if ANY person did them. *note insult is in the eye of the beholder* *note insult would be taken regardless of gender*

But the original post seems to convey that the wife is insulted in a different way--in an all-encompassing type of -how could my husband be a CDer- which is a huge hurdle.

I've been married for a couple years and found out a few months ago about my hubby. I can say that your wife has to decide for herself what she is willing to do and accept considering the twist that the relationship has taken.

In the end while she make take your CDing as insulting, you certainly don't intend for it to be, so wouldn't it be nice if she were to give you the benefit of the doubt?

After all you could tell her the same thing- that her being unaccepting of this aspect of yourself is insulting to you. Think back to your wedding vows-the crux of wedding vows is an agreement to support and stand by each other for the rest of your living lives.

Has anyone else noticed how unkind we can be to the ones nearest and dearest to us?

Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    I propose that the idea that crossdressing is insulting to women is itself insulting to women, to men, to the intersexed, to transsexuals, to freedom and to sentience everywhere.

It either suggests that one gender or the other is demeaning, that femininity is demeaning in men or that femininity itself is demeaning, it suggests that sexual diversity is demeaning, that being between genders is demeaning, that being different is demeaning, that to transgress conformist doctrine is demeaning, to be free is demeaning.

Nope, I'm sorry but I can't think of a way that crossdressing could be demeaning without that notion being demeaning to one or more of those groups, in fact to most and maybe all of them.

In fact I can't see how even fetishistic and provocative crossdressing in public (within legal/ethical bounds) can be intrinsically demeaning without demeaning most of that list.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    [SIZE=4]Adds mine! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

To tell you the truth i fined that as a bit of an odd question as all i am doing is dressing the way i like, how can that be insulting to anyone, if people do not like the way i dress that is just a preference not an insult, it would be like saying i insult cows or pigs for wearing leather, or a sheep for wearing a sheepskin coat, so no in my opinion it is not insulting to women just because i enjoy wearing the same type of clothes as some women wear, they wear men's clothes some times and i would not even consider that to be insulting to me, but that could have some thing to do with the fact that as far as i am concerned i am only perceived to be a male by others where as i know different.
    If anything and i am only saying IF it could possibly be looked on as being insulting to men the way some dress, it would be interesting to hear from are transmasculine friends what their view would be on this .

joanne

there is one problem

regardless of who we are trans-men , trans-woman , genetic woman (gg)or genetic men (gm) .. we would be biased because we accept who we are this is our extended family that cares . it's the other f.a.b in the real world that count .. and some are not happy campers .. JMHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GG, Giving Corset Advice MsToriJones's Avatar
    I am going to reply with out reading all other replies so that I reply from my mind and not influenced by any other answer.

I am gg and I am NOT in any way shape or form insulted by any of you. Now I am a bit jealous of some with them legs that are prettier, or better hair but certainly not insulted. I have always believed in "to thine own self be true" so to be insulted for someone being true to their self, I would be a hypocrite wouldn't I? I think some are more jealous than anything and don't know how to express it. Think about this, you and your wife go out dressed up as women a guy flirts with YOU because you look better than your wife. That would make most fems feel crappy. I don't fear that for my hubby would make an ugly woman no matter what he did, he is a VERY hairy guy and has too many VERY masculine features, having to shave many times a day to keep the shadow off.

anyway I digress
    [SIZE="3"]Ms Tori Jones [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by joanne f View Post
    in my opinion it is not insulting to women just because i enjoy wearing the same type of clothes as some women wear, they wear men's clothes some times and i would not even consider that to be insulting to me, but that could have some thing to do with the fact that as far as i am concerned i am only perceived to be a male by others where as i know different.
    If anything and i am only saying IF it could possibly be looked on as being insulting to men the way some dress, it would be interesting to hear from are transmasculine friends what their view would be on this .

joanne
    Not sure what your question is, Joanne. Are you asking (of the transguys) whether we think it's insulting to men that women wear their clothes sometimes, or that WE wear men's clothes? Please clarify.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]