Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays boys

Unhappy Todays boys

Just a thought ..should we pity today’s young boys ?
    Where do they get nice clothes from their sisters to wear when they sneak into her room? Girls now seem to dress exactly the same as their brothers.
    My sister’s room was a treasure trove for me when I raided it…dresses, blouses, skirts, school uniforms etc. I was in heaven, she even had frilly undies !
    Femininity seems to have vanished and a large percentage of the girls I see are dressed no different from the boys..what a sad world !

Emily

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Talking Sandra Bullock...

I had a brother, no sisters. Mom got raided alot and a few nights ago Sandra said in a interview for miss congin 2, that she wished butch was back in stile, she hates getting dolled up. What is the world coming to these days... Any ways: I failed spelling in school, just a note for future refs. You gotta point there girlfriend

Katie

Pity? On the contrary, I'm quite envious of them. Not for the reasons you mentioned, though. If I had a computer, internet access and a great forum like this back in the '70's, I could have saved myself a few decades of fear and shame.

As for the clothes, just knowing I was completely dressed like my sister would still statisfy that girl thang in me.

-Sigrid

There may be a plus side, however. The frillies mom buys for her daughter get relagated to the back of the closet. Thus the boy can generally find something nice to wear without it ever being noticed.
    DonnaT

Smile like a dream,or nightmare now

I realised when I was very young that this bod of mine came out of the wrong packet. I'd watch the girls in school in my class, Iwas like an alien in a strange world, knowing every moment that I was not meant to be there, stuck in a body that was out of phase. a girl lived in a cottage next door to me, I'd go round, we'd play and talk, I'd make an excuse to slip away, and sneak into ther room and slide into her school skirt, and feel extatic. I took a pair of her knickers, I couldnt help myself. and hid them in a wall in my room I dug through. My mother took me round to see my aunt, and my cousin, she was in school too, again I slipped away,and found her netball skirt and top, and stood there in her bedroom shaking with fear and exileration, I wanted to walk down stairs and just tell everyone, "look Im a girl, can I just stay this way?!" , but I carefully put back the clothes, and left. when I think back about the stupid things I did. oh forgot about that, sitting in my mothers car coming home from a welsh city, wearing a swimsuit under my clothes(ususal excuse in the shop"my girlfriend is taking up swimming"....yeah they really must have bought that(guys asking for a swimsuit IN A SIZE 38 hmmm?!)
    my mother wouold have lost it if shed felt the straps on my shoulders.
    anybody used any better reasons for buying clothes?

Platinum Member
    now think of it girls are openly crossdressing and no one cares abought it ............as for us ........????????????????

Well there are alot of tomboys out there today, that don't have alot of skirts or girly stuff, so I do pity them. But not only that, but if they were to ever come out to their sisters, they couldn't teach them to do anything. Make-up or anything! Of course, it's not all too bad. When I was a kid, most of my mom's stuff fit me, and I've noticed that the same is for many other members here. So they still have refuge somewhere.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

Hi Sisters,
    I didn't have a sister to raid her closet for all that fine stuff you talked about,but my mommy's clothes did fit me pretty well,& I loved to dress up!My mummy caught me in her clothes,& ended up dressing me up as her little darling daughter.So I got to wear all those frilly satin dresses and petticoats,& frilly panties mummy bought me.I still love to wear full lenght satin dresses to this day I love feel of satin.What about the girls today? Well they are all cross dressers just like us! Funny world isn't it?
    HUGS
    TIMME
    ARIZONA!

I'm not pitying anybody. If they can't find the clothes they need, then they don't need the clothes they find.

Personally i rather like the jeans and tops that the girls wear now...though from personal experience i enjoyed raiding my mother's closet more.

actually the trend i'm noticing here in singapore, is that the younger girls' fashion seems to be copying from those of teens. i believe there have been discussions about how children or parents of children are making them grow up too fast... i think this is happening...

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

My Thoughts

It seems to me that as it becomes more the norm for girls to dress more like boys there are less and less girly options on the store shelves (marketing 101 - supply and demand). It also makes MTF cross dressers who like to wear the more feminine things stand out more. It becomes harder to fit in. Many MTF cross dressers like to cross dress because of skirts and dresses, heels and hose, lace and frills. This means that as the shift to pants and T-shirts becomes more pervasive the MTF cross dressers will outnumber the real girls in terms of who looks the most girlish and femmy.

Not to diminish the feminine look of GGs in pants and shirts, just that it won't be the ultra femininity of the past. MTF cross dressers may become a fashion anachronism.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

todays boys

like i been sayin for years women dont dress like women anymore they all r wearing our clothes but no one says a word about women who r crossdressing everyday but if a guy is wearing a skirt and heels he gets called names and made fun of.. as for me i only wore my sisters pantyhose when i was younger as it was all i wanted to wear and because of certain mental reasons i could NEVER wear any of my moms things, makes me to weirded out just to even think of doin that.. wal mart still carries girly things but they must be for us cds to buy because as its been said the gg's sure cant be found wearing any of it.. and if it wasnt for us girls the nylon industry would go out of business.

Tristen Cox
    Here's a twist and I hope nobody takes this too seriously. But if girls want to dress like boys then they should BE boys just as if we want to dress like girls we should be girls. Maybe it's down to the question of equal rights Anyhow I agree that boys these days have a fashionably stunted selection from girls who dress like their brothers. Makes you almost wonder if they aren't borrowing their brothers clothes rather than vice versa. No one shakes a finger at them. I'm not jealous though about them getting their rights to dress how they want. Infact the way I see it if they want to look like a guy, go right ahead. Not me baby!

There's a double standard here...but it's NOT about the clothes!

I've said this before but it bears repeating...as often as it needs to be too. The issue isn't that girls's can wear boys clothes and it's ok but guys can't wear girl's clothes. The real issue here is self-worth. Males are held in higher regard and valued much more by society than females are. That's the bottom line. That is the real reason why females can wear male clothing and nothing is thought of it, but males cannot wear female clothing without being chastised for it.

Females emulating males is seen by society as raising or improving their status in society. Conversely, males emulating females is seen as voluntarily lowering their status in society. That, my friends, is the bottom line. When will crossdressing be universally accepted by society? When society begins to fully recognize the role of the female and hold her in as high esteem as they do the male. Until that happens, our community will always continue to struggle for acceptance by a myopic, misogenous world, sad as that is to both say and contemplate.

It may not be right...it may not be fair....but it is the way it is right now.

Youngirl at Heart

A Question and an Observation

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineRenee
    Females emulating males is seen by society as raising or improving their status in society. Conversely, males emulating females is seen as voluntarily lowering their status in society.
    So very, very true. Sad, but true.

But even IF it truly was the case that I chose to voluntarily lower my status (and I'm not saying that my dressing as a female is that at all), why should that upset people so much? How does that become grounds for termination of employment, or justification for verbal abuse or being beaten up or even killed? Why do certain people get so pushed out of shape by males emulating females? Why is my social status any of their business?

On a more pleasant note, there seems to be at least one advantage to girls' clothing being virtually indistinguishable from boys' attire. For me, at least, wearing those androgynous girls' garments takes the edge off my cravings to wear more feminine clothes, during those times when it is totally impractical for me to dress like a real lady (i.e. when I'm visiting my parents).
    Sidney -- Youngirl at Heart

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

"Real men don't need to define what a 'real man' is." --Sidney

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

Christine

You make an excellent point that, while sad, makes a great deal of sense. I had not looked at things that way. I guess there is the way we want things to be and the way things really are. Perhaps as more of us participate in these forums that will help move things in the right direction. A self fulfilling prophecy as it were.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd
    You make an excellent point that, while sad, makes a great deal of sense. I had not looked at things that way. I guess there is the way we want things to be and the way things really are. Perhaps as more of us participate in these forums that will help move things in the right direction. A self fulfilling prophecy as it were.

Thanks
    It is sad Melissa...incredibly sad in fact. This incessant "need" by society to define precise male and female roles has effed up people for like ever it seems. Why can't we just be who we are? I don't want anyone...ANYONE...to define who I am...or worse still...who they THINK I should be...but ME!

Love,
    Chrissie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Serena
    Well there are alot of tomboys out there today, that don't have alot of skirts or girly stuff, so I do pity them. But not only that, but if they were to ever come out to their sisters, they couldn't teach them to do anything. Make-up or anything! Of course, it's not all too bad. When I was a kid, most of my mom's stuff fit me, and I've noticed that the same is for many other members here. So they still have refuge somewhere.
    Was the same with me I have brother so one day when I was folding laundry for my mom while she was at work I tried on one of her garter-belts and heels, and dress, and make-up OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! anyway before I get carried away with what I wore, And it fit perfectly Some of her longer dresses didn't but most did. But I do pity the boys today though.
    I NEED MORE, HEELS,PANTYHOSE, AND SKIRTS..twitch twitch..

<as long as were off topic>

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineRenee
    Females emulating males is seen by society as raising or improving their status in society. Conversely, males emulating females is seen as voluntarily lowering their status in society. That, my friends, is the bottom line.
    Christine, you're absolutely right. I came to this very same conclusion not long ago. And, It's certain that this gender bias will exists for generations...

I do, however, hold out hope that eventually society will at least begin to tolerate, if not accept our lifestyle. The only way I feel that is going to happen is through constant and positive exposure in media and in every day life.

This is, in fact, one of my motivations for having begun to emerge these last few weeks. So many have endured so much pain though no fault of their own. If my coming out has any positive effect at all, then I'm proud to do it.

~Sigrid

Make you want to think just how our future sisters are going to dress when all they have to wear is their sister's,& mum's blue jeans,& sweat shits to wear?
    timme

Hmmm,

Well, while I do see some of what you all are talking about, with girls dressing more like men than they used to, I don't know if the dressing options are completely gone.

I happen to have the pleasure of working at a private university here in sunny Florida. And trust me, there are plenty of feminine women and clothing styles still around. Between the college girls and the professional women on campus, I still see a lot of skirts, hose, dresses, heels, etc.

The one problem I have with girls clothing nowadays is that the feminine styles are a tad bit more revealing than they should be, at least for the ages and/or body styles I usually see them on. Especially the 13 and 14 year old girls showing everything to the world.

Not that I have much room to talk. I recently acquired a halter-top/skirt set from the junior misses section of a local retailer. Just to prove that I could fit in and look good in them.

My $.02,

Brandy Marie Devereaux
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the hell with sugar and spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Val Tan
    actually the trend i'm noticing here in singapore, is that the younger girls' fashion seems to be copying from those of teens. i believe there have been discussions about how children or parents of children are making them grow up too fast... i think this is happening...
    I agree Val, children these days do not seem to have the childhood I had. They become little adults far too early and miss a lot of the joys of chilhood.

Hugs Emily

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by emily21
    Just a thought ..should we pity today’s young boys ?
    Where do they get nice clothes from their sisters to wear when they sneak into her room? Girls now seem to dress exactly the same as their brothers.
    My sister’s room was a treasure trove for me when I raided it…dresses, blouses, skirts, school uniforms etc. I was in heaven, she even had frilly undies !
    Femininity seems to have vanished and a large percentage of the girls I see are dressed no different from the boys..what a sad world !

Emily
    Maybe that's one more reason why so many men are xdressing now. We miss the femininity of women's clothing so we are compensating for it by wearing the clothes ourselves.

Lawren

I miss girly gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren
    Maybe that's one more reason why so many men are xdressing now. We miss the femininity of women's clothing so we are compensating for it by wearing the clothes ourselves.

Lawren
    Lawren,

I couldn't agree more, I for one do miss the really feminine clothes that used to be the norm. Walk down the high street today and you will be lucky to see many skirts or dresses, nearly all will be in jeans or trousers. Thank goodness us 'girls' still love the feminine gear. and want to wear it and share with our sisters on this site.

Love,

Linda