Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does it ever go away?

Does it ever go away?

The desire of Crossdressing. Does it ever go away for those that don't dress full-time? I dress when nobody is around and since I am back on the day shift again, (on vacation right now) I am home when everybody else is. It's very tough to get any time in to dress and feel great/pretty. I though for a minute that I could stop dressing but it's always going to be there. I told my wife over the past 13 years that I dressed up until the time I was 12 but she would flip if she knew I did to this day (and up to about 6 hrs ago. Hee-Hee!). I think about stopping all the time. Especially when I think about age. I'm 36 now and can't imagine myself still going strong later on down the road. But I probably will. I was 5 when I first put on a bra and panties, so I do not think I will ever stop. I just wish I could really go out fem and party with the ladies and just look and feel like a woman. That would be the ultimate high. The ultimate.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Simple answer, for me ... no.

I might put it away fro 6 months or less, but I just gotta get my girl on after so much time has passed. Once I started... that was it

Enjoy it!

*hugs*

Zara

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Brooks View Post
    The desire of Crossdressing. Does it ever go away for those that don't dress full-time? I dress when nobody is around and since I am back on the day shift again, (on vacation right now) I am home when everybody else is. It's very tough to get any time in to dress and feel great/pretty. I though for a minute that I could stop dressing but it's always going to be there. I told my wife over the past 13 years that I dressed up until the time I was 12 but she would flip if she knew I did to this day (and up to about 6 hrs ago. Hee-Hee!). I think about stopping all the time. Especially when I think about age. I'm 36 now and can't imagine myself still going strong later on down the road. But I probably will. I was 5 when I first put on a bra and panties, so I do not think I will ever stop. I just wish I could really go out fem and party with the ladies and just look and feel like a woman. That would be the ultimate high. The ultimate.
    Hey Jennifer, I know how you feel. I have tried to stop many times before but never could. The longer I go without doing it, the more the pressure just seems to build until it reaches an unbearable level that requires that I do it to find release.

You mentioned you now work the "day shift." Are you a nurse?

From my experience, it never goes away. I quit once for three years. But it came back and I'm never quitting again

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    You mentioned you now work the "day shift." Are you a nurse?

No, I work for a publishing company/factory. I was on the night shift for 8 years which gave me plenty of time to myself and for the lovelier things in life. I was to the point in 2004 that I almost came out. So close but I just kept it in the closet. Plain and simple, I chickened out.

Can tell you my own experience, I don't know!
    I have had some hibernation and rather calm periods, and some very active periods, with the time I've noticed that the periods when I'm in "urge" are mostly tense periods, for example stressing workload. And the moment when I'm in "purge" are mostly periods when I'm distracted, family, sport, travel...It makes me think my crossdressing is related with relaxation more than sex...but then I look at me in the mirror, and laugh seing what a naughty outfit I'm wearing!!!
    Kises
    Carla

In the sense that it is an intregal part of yourself, it never goes away Jennifer. How you choose to manage it is entirely up to you however and it can be a liability or an asset, depending on your outlook.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

We all have highs and lows but the thing to remember is not to purge just because you think that you are over it. The urge to dress is a part of you and it will come again. Purging only means that you will have to go out and buy all those clothes again.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Your not alone on wanting to quit i think about it all the time. Does it go away no it doesn't for me. I try to fight it alot but that doesn't work for long.
    But I did go without dressing for a couple of years at one point. Can i do that again i don't think so.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I have went through the same things, I have purged a couple of times but the feelings never went away. I have now decided to just enjoy the duality of my nature.

NO, no, no, no. Never.

simpe answer from germany - NEIN, niemals

I just accepted myself and now that guilty feeling gone. I'm fifty eight and it has never been very far from my mind. Besides I'm having a ball doing it now.

Jennifer, the answer for me is no. The desire may be stronger or weaker at times, but is always there. I know I go bonkers if more than a few days go by without cding.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

[SIZE="3"]I tried to eradicate this desire for 40 years! stronger now than it has ever been. I agree with Joy! Until I accepted myself It was a struggle -now it's pure happiness

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

It never goes away.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    No, it does not ever goes away, and you're not going to like to hear this but gets STRONGER as men age. I'm 60 and go out in public more now than ever and have the sexual and emotional need stronger than before. I am cycular though and don't dress during the hot summer months or Holidays or most of winter. Too much bod covered up with heavy cots and boots that i want to show off. Have to conform with pants and jeans because GG's don't wear stockings at all much less ever in winter. Enjoy growing into your old age, but fear not your question.... its normal for all of us.

Megan

I'm past the half way mark in this world and can tell you it is not going to go away, so you might as well accept it, enjoy it and have fun

It never goes away. I'm 54 and plan on dressing for as long as I can. There has been times I didn,t feel like dressing and thought it went away for good only to come back it seems stronger than before. Some of the times I got rid of the clothes I had only to go out and spend even more money rebuying clothing I threw out 6 months earlier. Mary

A Alchoholic stops drinking but they will always be an alchoholic.

A Crossdresser stops dressing but they will always be a Crossdresser.

CDing, the never ending story . . . we never stop. It's well documented. http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

If the anxiety gets too bad over it, see a counsellor/therapist. If you end up seeing a Dr. for anxiety or depression be sure to come clean about being a CDer as it is probably a part of your anxiety or depression and if you don't tell, they'll load you up on Prozac and you'll not be addressing your real emotional needs.

hugs,
    'lissa

I had a period for about 8 years when there was almost no desire at all to dress. Then as time passed, My desire came back with a vengence. Now I have come out to my wife and there is no turning back now. And I must say that I am alot more comfortable with myself.

So I think that you are better off to find a way to accept it as part of your life.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

For me it can will never go away. It is part of me and my physical make up. I can say this, I get rather bitchy when I can't dress (due to other half's son 19yo hater). I think for me I have been ways to cross the gender line daily by what I wear that makes me feel good.

Aspiring Member
    Great question. I ask myself that question frequently. All I can say is that I'm 46 years old, sitting at my computer, wearing white Vanity Fair nylon panties, Leggs pantyhose, a Maidenform bra and my red dress from Macys. So, the crossdressing desire has not abated for me! Best wishes to you and I hope you find the answer to your important question.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

does it ever go away

Not for me, I purged several times and wish that I hadn't right after I did it. I would live full time en femme if not for my family obligations. If for some reason I found myself not married anylonger I would go full time the first day.