Thread: Has anyone heard of this

Question Has anyone heard of this

When I was young, I believe around 9 or 10, I started to develope very small breasts. I was already dressing at that age. I remember my mother taking me to a doctor to find out what was causing them to grow. I don't remember taking any pills but my memory of those days is a bit foggy and I may have. No one ever talked about it again and my tiny breasts gradually disappeared. Do you suppose that it was caused by a hormone inbalance? Has anyone ever had this happen or heard of such an occurence. Of course now I wish the bumps had just kept growing....DARN!!!!

That's pretty common. Had it too. It scared me those days ... nothing left .. what a pity
    When the hormones start to work it needs some time for body chemistry to adjust.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-13-2007 at 12:06 PM.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Has anyone heard of this

Yes, it's called gynocomastia for males. You can find millions of articles about it. I have always been blessed with this "afliction" and used to get teased in school a lot about my chest. Oh if they only knew the half of it. I have a cousin, female that loves to grab my chest, she is married to my cousin that has the same situation and she says she just loves it.

Yes and by time time I was eighteen. I had female breast and was glad to have them. In which the Doctor. Told me it was due to a Hormone Gene.
    That made me part Male and part Female. Also my Selecive Service System.
    Classifcation is 4F. Since I could not be ordered to have them made smaller.

It can happen at other times other than when your young. I am 60 and have noticed that mine have enlarged a tad. It is very noticable when I bend over the sink to brush my teeth. They are almost a full A size. I am hoping as I get older they will get larger. LOL.

Mine started to grow some 30 years ago after I had a very serious accident. Small at first, but gradually got bigger. I went to a doctor about them about 20 years ago and could not afford and did not really want surgery. Now, at 56 years old, they are a full 36C and I have come to accept them. Yes, I wear a bra and have never had any problems with people finding out.
    There are many older guys out there that really should be wearing!

I may have. Unfortunately it is only the left side and has been accompanied by sharp pains if I touch it wrong. Have had this since around 13, so 28 years or so. Even had a mommogram once that turned out negative. Didn't go back for further tests.
    Shannon

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I came across this the other day. there are products that claim they can create breast growth in males too. I dont know how well these things work (or particularly interested) so its purely for your interest that i post these links. They are some natural herbs like saw palmetto that seem to impact breast development. I remember hearing too about some product that prematurely caused breast growth in children.

http://www.transfemme.com/testimonials.html
    http://www.natureday.com/big-male-breasts.html

Me Too

I have the same problem. I'm 48 and starting to develop. One side more than the other. I am taking medication, but I was developing before I started the meds. I am in a "in between" stage of having to wear something for support all the time. My wife purchased some bras which I wear when cutting grass. etc.

Yep. I had those to srat with and they never went away. Now at a nice firm 40B and still slowly growing.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    Yes, it's called gynocomastia for males. You can find millions of articles about it. I have always been blessed with this "afliction" and used to get teased in school a lot about my chest. Oh if they only knew the half of it. I have a cousin, female that loves to grab my chest, she is married to my cousin that has the same situation and she says she just loves it.
    do you live in the foothills of chicago-cousins marrying cousins?:joke: just kidding

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis Edwards View Post
    When I was young, I believe around 9 or 10, I started to develope very small breasts.
    I don't remember the exact age, but what I developed was hard nipples -- as if I had a fibrous disc underneath them. They were a little tender, but not annoying. The doctor said it was not uncommon and that it would go away in time, which it did.

Yes, I had what Tess describes. I think it's not uncommon at the start of puberty in boys.
    I would guess a number of boys get it and keep quiet because they are embarrassed or scared, then it goes away before amounting to anything.
    I've got a bit of padding there now, but not enough to need support. I'd like more but I'm unwilling to take any of these hormone or herbal preparations. Maybe one day.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I always had a little bit, maybe a A+ cup, but since my thyroid sergery I have pumped up. Even the wife asked what I'm doing to make them bigger. Nothing at all. It doesn't make sense, but it's me at 40C...BJ

Banned Read only
    older asthma medications were made of steroids which caused breast enlargment and shrinkage of the genitals. Asbron G was one of them.

A good friend of mine has "female" breast....he hates them. I think "umm...that could be fun".

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    In puberty I had a little bit of swelling, more on the lefthand side but quite tiny. The doctor said it was normal and wouild go away and it did. In the last couple of years I've gained a bit of weight (I was seriously underweight for years because of medical problems, now I'm a bit overweight according to BMI) and I've gained a bit on the chest, alas more on the belly and waist.

My parents took me to see a doctor when i was young because i had small breast and one was a little larger then the other.As i got older and more muscular you couldn,t notice but now as i get oloder they are coming back but i think that is common for most men as we age

Wow, I had no idea this happened to other people. I distinctly remember when I was in 4th grade thinking to myself, "OMG I am going to be the only man to grow up with breasts", and I would actually freak out. Cold sweats and all that. All in all, I'm glad they went away, because that would have made high school even more difficult.

I've got man boobs from being overweight. Oh joy . I'd much rather be in better shape and not have breasts than my current situation.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I've got a bit of padding there now, but not enough to need support. I'd like more but I'm unwilling to take any of these hormone or herbal preparations. Maybe one day.
    The main professional bra store I go to tells me that my natural size is more than AA and that we should experiment with A the next time. But I don't think that's going to work out: AA seems to fit me quite well on the left side, and on the right side it doesn't seem to be a matter of cup size so much as a matter of placement: the right bra cups are always a bit too far to the left on natural me.

I have enough health issues now that taking herbal supplements would not be a Good Idea, lest they confuse the other issues. If I were to get mood swings for example, it could take six weeks to track down which supplement or medication was causing it, and I don't need that kind of disorder in my life at the moment.

Hormones... I'm not ready to embrace sterility at this point in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    I heard of it as gynecomastia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia
    And speaking of things causing eventually gynecomastia for example:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Kisses
    Carla

yeah it happened to me

Yeah i had it around 13-14 yrs of age.........
    i was so scared i thot i was turning into a girl but the LUMP in the breast was painful when pressed...then again i thot i had CANCER! (the mind of kids can cook-up anything)

Silver Member
    A few years ago I had major urinary health issues and was prescribed a continuous for life herbal medication to correct that problem. The urinary problem lessened, but one of the side effects were enlargement of breasts.

Chari

sadly for me i had to start hormones to get mine to grow.. boy did they ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]