Thread: Breast position (?)

Question Breast position (?)

Um, as I look at pictures that I've taken of myself in a Bra, I noticed I have a tendency to have my bra up too high. (I own a pair of Transform Classic 1forms for the past 4 years now from The Breastform Store). Okay, but I feel I have to have the straps very tight (Love it) and the back tight as well (Love that too). Now I was wondering since I am a bigger girl, 42C/44B, should I have the forms/breasts hang down a bit? Let up on the shoulder straps a bit? Where exactly should I have the forms sit on my own male chest is what I should be asking? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jen, look at some GGs and how their breasts are positioned on their bodies. They are usually about halfway between the shoulders and the elbows.

We CDs have a common problem of positioning our 'breasts' too high, usually due to the fact that our shoulders are larger than those of GGs. Thus, we often need to loosen the bra straps to allow the breasts to be in the proper position.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

Depends on your age

if you're older, lower is more natural. I notice that with many of the girls here - their breasts are too high, but if you're not going out, it's ok.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

hi girls
    You are right finding breast position is not very easy to show natural shape.
    This rule : nipple at half distance from shoulder to elbow is often reminded. I don't find so easy to apply. from my side I place mine in such way that distance from form nipples is egal to the distance from base of the neck and one of nipples. More esay to check and so more your nipples are farway( small or large chest) from each other, lower will be your forms.
    It works quite well for, may it will for others.
    Let me know what are you thinking about this method.
    All the best
    Jakie

Having a thing for breasts, I've noticed that there is no one right place. Some GGs have their breasts much higher or lower than what might be considered 'normal.' I guess the only 'rule' might be if they touch your chin they are too high!

being from a family of large breasted females, and having large breasted daughters of my own, i have observed various hights (positions) of breasts on the female body. two of my sisters wear soft cup underwire bras with tight straps which hold them high and fairly firm. two other sisters wear soft cup bras without underwires and keep the straps slightly looser, allowing a bit more sag. one of my daughters preffers molded cup underwire bras which minimize sag, and the other daughter likes lace cup bras and wears the straps loose.
    so from my observation it looks like a matter of comfort more than anything else. as far as too high or too low I think that is determined by the bra and the wearer herself. all female breasts have a degree of built in sag which makes it difficult to determine the "proper" breast position. so my reccomendation would be to do whichever is most comfortable for you, as long as your breasts aren't as high as your shoulders or hang down to your belly button.
    ps i wear my breast forms with the nipples at the same hight as my natural breasts
    Jill

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Brooks View Post
    Um, as I look at pictures that I've taken of myself in a Bra, I noticed I have a tendency to have my bra up too high. (I own a pair of Transform Classic 1forms for the past 4 years now from The Breastform Store). Okay, but I feel I have to have the straps very tight (Love it) and the back tight as well (Love that too). Now I was wondering since I am a bigger girl, 42C/44B, should I have the forms/breasts hang down a bit? Let up on the shoulder straps a bit? Where exactly should I have the forms sit on my own male chest is what I should be asking? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You probably answered your own question. If you feel they are too high, they probably are.

The clasic position, that most GGs are told by their mothers or by their first bra fitter, is "nipples half way between your shoulders and your elbows". Men's shoulders are usually a bit larger and higher than GGs, so when you do this, the breasts sometimes look a bit high.

The feeling of having the straps and back band too tight is common. It really reminds you that you have a bra on. This is a feeling that many CDers love. In reality, having to wear a bra all day every day like that would soon get old. You should be able to forget you have a bra on entirely.

Lower, up to a point of course, is ALWAYS more realistic looking. The distance between breasts and waist line is often WAY too great in inexperienced CDers. But as others have said already, this is a personal thing. As long as you aren't out in public, it matters not where you wear 'em.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Thanks for all the advice so far. I'll let up on the straps a bit. The forms I own have some weight so I'll get that bounce look when jogging up or down the stairs. LOL!