Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discrimination from WITHIN the gender community

Quote Originally Posted by Christine XX View Post
    It's interesting to me that no one here blames the shop and their SA's for Kays bad experience? A store institutes a policy of being openly biased against TS's and this is OK?
    No it's not ok.
    But why should one blame a shop that just does what's done withing the TG community.

This is the shocking part.

As long as there is obviously a policy within the TG community openly biased against TG people, it should be allowed that the shop has one as well.
    Same rights for everyone.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Genifer Teal's post #44, just about sums it up for me.

I like having TG friends but it has hurt when some of them went on to transition and left me out of their lives. I know it was becuase I was a CDer only and I accept that but it still hurt.

These days I tend to do my outings by myself. I blend in just fine and enjoy myself in my freedom. Its very self centered of me, but I prefer it that way.

*hugs*
    Zara

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    hairy panty fetishist
    Hairy panty fetishists! Those freaks? We fetish hairy panty wearers absolutely refuse to be associated with those people.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by charllote34 View Post
    Kristy, that is not the way some of us want you to feel If we cant be UNITED what chance do we have in the world ???
    your absoluty right , doesnt change the outlook of some people though , if we cant as a group be united , we cant be to the community as well.

GypsyKaren
    I'm not sure if it's safe for me to post here, because I'm a post-op and this sure looks like a TS hanging party to me...oh, I'm sorry, WE'RE the ones who are ALWAYS looking down on others, my mistake.

I fail to see how someone not wanting to talk with someone else is discrimination, and it's grossly unfair to attach the actions of one person to an entire community. People are people, everyone's entitled to their own feelings, it's a part of being human, and anyone expecting everyone else to be a Mother Teressa is very naive and in for a big disappointment.

I wish I had a dollar for every insult I get from ANY group of people, crossdressers included, should I then spit out a bunch of hate at everyone else, or judge them while I complain that they're judging me? People like that aren't worth my time or energy so I just move on with a smile on my face, maybe you should try that too.

And now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my noose fitting.

Karen Starlene

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren View Post
    I'm not sure if it's safe for me to post here, because I'm a post-op and this sure looks like a TS hanging party to me...oh, I'm sorry, WE'RE the ones who are ALWAYS looking down on others, my mistake.
    Probably we read different threads, can't find the ALWAYS.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-16-2007 at 06:35 PM.

GypsyKaren
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    Probably we read different threads, can't find the ALWAYS.
    I see one complaint about one incident with one person, followed by a barrage of "yeah, those transsexuals", so yes, it fits.

In any event, the hostility in this thread is going to end immediately or it will be closed.

Karen Starlene

Hi Alicia,

She was very rude to you for no apparent reason. Sounds like she's probably very insecure with herself. Feel sorry for her, if you can.

And don't let it get to you, you're a good-looking woman.

I've met CD's like that too, so it's not just TS's. Come to think of it, you'll meet people like that in any group, T or not. Fortunately, people like that are a small minority.

On the other side of the argument, we all need to accept the fact that our behavior in public can affect others besides us, both for good and bad, so let's all try to make sure that we're behaving in a manner that commands respect when we're out in public. Let's save the hooker clothes for the privacy of home or for when we're in the company of like-minded people.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 12-16-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    My name is Carol.

I see a lot of finger pointing going on here. Why do you suppose that is? Does anyone think that it may be because it is easier to blame others for what happens to us rather than take responsibility ourselves. I am so sorry that the OP's attempt at establishing contact with someone from the gender variant community was unsuccessful. But it happens. However, that is hardly cause to indict the entire TS community as anti-CD or elitist. And just because a few CD's caused someone some inconvenience in a store does not mean that all CD's are rude and inconsiderate. So I offer you an alternative... use your own influence within your own sphere. Adjust your own attitude and do not be so quick to judge another group. Invest some of your own time and try to gain an understanding of those who may see life differently from you. You may just find that there is a learning opportunity for yourself out there just waiting to happen.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    thank you all for your thoughts and opinions ... as a admin here my job is to do what is right for the forum ... and also all it's members ..........there is no us/them in our forum we are together all different in ways but the same ... as understanding and accidence is why we are here support is a key thing we give and receive ... this thread will now be closed as we need to remember no one person or person's is better than the other .... we are family lets not let this do something we don't want .....