Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Tattoo?

Back Tattoo?

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I was wondering how many girls have gotten a lower back tattoo. With my wife's encouragement, I have a pretty floral one picked out, it's about 7" across, and plan to have it done over the holidays. Purple flowers with vines that kind of match a flower tattoo I got on my ankle for a birthday present. I think its true about tattoos, once you get one, you will want more. Just curious.

I'm thinking of a tat as well. But I want it on the front where I can see it. Something along the line of a navel tat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a number of tattoos already. I have thought of a nice looking tat above my derriere or around my navel. I just have to find the right artist. Their sterile technic and creativity is a must.

Melissa Pink
    Melissa Pink

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    I'm looking to get one, just don't know what. thinking of a Gold Dragon in a heart. but don't know.

*^_^*
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've been thinking of Mickey Mouse the Wizard (from Fantasia) on my shoulder, but I don't have any yet. As they say, you better be absolutely sure before you get one!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I have a fairy on my back...upper left shoulder area.

personally...don't want a permanent mark of a whim....but if any of you girls do...remember that in certain clothing it may show......to each her own.....

Banned Read only
    I decided to get a lower back tattoo last year and have no regrets. It did hurt quite a bit, since nerves are located at the base of the spine, but it really wasn't that bad and healed in two weeks. I've received many positive comments about it from both men and women while walking on the beach or dancing at clubs, and some guys were totally turned on by it. It is now an integral part of me and I feel very sexy knowing it's there.

Since it's permanent, a lot of thought needs to go into it beforehand, along with the right choice for design. I went through with it because it felt right in my heart, so I ended up going with a small feminine tribal design that could be added to down the line, if I chose to.
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 12-18-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: pic removal

Just a word of caution...
    Here on the west coast (SF Bay Area) a tattoo on the lower back of a woman is known as a "tramp stamp". Just about every streetwalker in the Tenderloin district has one. If that's the image that you want to project, then go for it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by nornor View Post
    Here on the west coast (SF Bay Area) a tattoo on the lower back of a woman is known as a "tramp stamp". Just about every streetwalker in the Tenderloin district has one. If that's the image that you want to project, then go for it.
    Yes, that's correct. It's a derogatory term used mostly by ignorant people. However, not everyone prescribes to that negative image and I see a lot of attractive younger women, many of which are executives, doctors and lawyers with lower back tattoos.

IMO, anyone used to the stigma that attaches with being a CD shouldn't be too concerned about what some people refer to as a "tramp stamp".

Quote Originally Posted by androgyne View Post
    Yes, that's correct. It's a derogatory term used mostly by ignorant people. However, not everyone prescribes to that negative image and I see a lot of attractive younger women, many of which are executives, doctors and lawyers with lower back tattoos.

IMO, anyone used to the stigma that attaches with being a CD shouldn't be too concerned about what some people refer to as a "tramp stamp".
    "Ignorance" is getting a tattoo (or doing anything) without knowing the social ramifications of doing so.
    CIP - I worked with a young (and attractive) stylist that got a tattoo on her lower back. When told by others (this is the first time that I learned that it was called a "tramp stamp") she was totally embarrassed and started wearing clothes to hide it. Now that's "ignorant".
    My post was intended to inform and enlighten. Not to judge.

I think you may have missed the point... that's the rude part and as such are expressing that everyone with such a tattoo looks like a streetwalker.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

Banned Read only
    "Ignorance" is getting a tattoo (or doing anything) without knowing the social ramifications of doing so.
    I broke the rule and went for one on the basis of following my heart, but I do agree with the gist of what you're saying

To Androgyne,
    You should always follow your heart. I meant no disrespect with my comments. I was taking the "devil's advocate" position to Laura B.'s original posting using my past experience. (Note to Laura... Google, or Yahoo search "Tramp Stamp". Then decide if the tattoo is for you.)
    Peace

Well, I just had the "dirtbag" tattoo lasered off.

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    Well, I just had the "dirtbag" tattoo lasered off.

Too funny!

Actually, that tattoo would be perfect if your last name is "Hoover."

Personally, I see nothing wrong with a tattoo, if that is something that is meaningful to you. I considered getting one many times over the years, but I could never find one that I felt I wouldn't grow bored with eventually.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Nor Nor...couldn't disagree MORe

wow..i live near this area and spend lots of time in San Fran...there are literally thousands of women with lower back tats and on a sunny day, seems like everyone has them now...i think they're like any other tat...if done well they are most attractive...you have to get out of the tenderloin more and over to Union and Grant and down to Jefferson, etc. to see how common lower back tats are!
    the only critisim i've ever heard is that "everyone has them"~!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Too funny!

Actually, that tattoo would be perfect if your last name is "Hoover."

Personally, I see nothing wrong with a tattoo, if that is something that is meaningful to you. I considered getting one many times over the years, but I could never find one that I felt I wouldn't grow bored with eventually.
    Somehow, a Surfnazi/Biker type tattoo doesn't go with a formal evening gown.

Tramp stamp is a pejorative label that is widely used throughout the U.S. To suggest that ink above a woman's derriere is reserved for the likes of just about every "streetwalker" in the Tenderloin" is naive on your part and demeaning to all women including those ladies that like it or not are sex workers in your city. I would like to ask, how do you know that most of the working girls in the city have "tramp stamps"? For the record, I don't have a tat there, but know many educated and professional women that do. Please get with the times. Body art is part of how we express ourselves and not just for Sailors and "streetwalkers".
    Melissa Pink

that's what it is called in los angeles as well
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

no tats for me

<...clean cut
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I like the idea of a tatoo but just don't like the word permanent associated with it. I stay clean for now, thou I have seen some beautifullly done ones.
    Striving for acceptance.

Fulltime Tgirl
    Hi Laura,
    I have a "tramp stamp", and I love it! It was done in the summer of 06. It is a tribal design in black ink. I am now 53 and wear nothing but low rise jeans. I didnt get the decoration done just to hide it in some high waisted Victorian cut jeans. Yes it did hurt a bit especially at the bony areas just outside of the backbone, but the compliments I have had in the last 18 months made all the pain worth it.

"Long Live Tramp Stamps!"

"Tramp stamp" or "Intelligence Insignia" call it what you wil, it IS forever. (unless you consider surgery)

I have a small one on my upper arm by my shoulder, Can't be seen when I wear short sleeve blouses, but "tank tops" are "out". I got this one in summer of 1963. (Yeah, ink had been invented by then) I swore to myself then that I'd never allow myself to "be sorry" I got it, and I'm not. Not looking for anymore.
    Perhaps somebody can help me understand. "Body Art" ok, I get that, Tattoos yeah I get that also. But what I'm interested in is Why the lower back, and Why so many women. ????????
    Like my son said once, ( he has some "Transformers" on his legs) "When I'm retired in Florida and playing shuffle board with the other geezers. Anybody without a tattoo will be laughed at for not having one."
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    years ago I say a guy with ren and stympy (sp?) on his neck...that just screams job interview to me.

I am not that much f a fan of ink, wouldn't do it myself. See ink work at times (rarely that seems really well done and seems to go with and enhance the person's look.

Given my weight loss back down to my former diminutive stature, I'm kind of glad I don't have a tribal arm-band and "born to kill" emblazoned on my chest.

Rambling here as usuall no idea where I am going with this...

I see tattoos as almost ubiquitous on the young. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like the more beautiful the original canvas, the more garish the tattoos seem to be. I know many people find them exciting and edgy, but as a devout "skin man (girl)" I like the creator's many varied colorations best.

I will say about the shuffleboard game of the future. We have LOTS of retirees here and I have never seen a tattoo hold up to the ravages of time and age.

If it is a look you really like maybe try henna, enjoy that and if it really moves you go ahead under the needle?
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog