Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we more likely to go full-time as we age?

Are we more likely to go full-time as we age?

I was thinking.. are we more likely to go full-time as we get older, say, past retirement age assuming we don't have to work? I really like being both, not ready to abandon being male, but I was thinking.. when I'm older, why not?gender issues aside I fully intend to be one of those weird old people anyway, who yells at her garden dwarves (gnomes are for sissies) and punts them when they talk back. Or maybe a cat-lady. Yeah, I'll be a scary old cat-lady in a high-collared black dress and victorian granny boots and when the trick-or-treaters come by with their bags I'll give them string beans & cheese cubes. The point is, I'm gonna be weird, why not be a weird old lady? Anyone else figure they're gonna dress full time when they retire, or would if you didn't have a significant other to consider?

Gold Member
    Of course.
    The reason we are all at different levels has to do with our peers, responsibilities, and many other things.
    Once someone is older - the kids are grown and gone, no job to worry about, AND I think the older one gets, the more they realise they don't have as many years left to enjoy life.

I know if I was in the position you said - I would not live a day as a male. But right now I don't want my own kid catching hell cause his dad CD's.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My ertiring time is not far off I won't go full time but I will be dressing more not having to work
    Angie

Well since living on my own again i spend more time as Debs, so who knows maybe i will go full time eventually. I can quite see myself as the "mutton dressed as lamb" older woman in a leopard print mini skirt and heels. As for weird, my ex wife thinks i,m weird anyway for dressing as a woman!!

For sure many of us go f/t when we are older. When we are younger there are a lot of factors keeping us from going f/t. It worked that way for me. Now I am enjoying being the real me 24/7 and working enfem 3 nights a week. Being free to be me without the worries from the younger days is such a great feeling.

Eileen

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I have been retired for more than two years and I have been full time since the day I left work. I don't go out dressed because of where we live. But I am in female mode from dawn to dusk at home.

For me I'm not sure that even if I could-that I would want to go 24/7. It's likely that I would dress more give more opportunities but I'm certainly not a woman trapped in a man's body so I enjoy part-time dressing.

I'd be quite happy to become a dotty old Miss Marple type
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

As one of the older CDs, I can say that in part, I feel a lot more free to act as I want to. I've never gone out "en femme" before a just few years ago, I've come out to some of my former work colleagues as now I don't care what they may think.

Yet, I'm not sure about going full time... When I weight the costs and benefits, is is worth doing it now at 61? We had that discussion with my wife. She told me that if she thought that I would be happier making that move of going full time "en femme", she would definitely encourage me to do so. But she said that she didn't think I would feel happyer. And I think she's right.

It would mean having to loose so many things I really like as for example, my wife who wouldn't stay with me. For sure I would have to move some place else, given the impact on my close family. And that just to live a few years as an "old lady" (nothing against, old ladies, just a question of life duration)

So yes I feel now more free to x-dress than I did 40 years ago but I think that if I had known what I know now then, I might have gone all the way at that time... Now it isn't worth it, at least as far as I am concerned...

Eugenie

If it were just me ? Maybe I'd be dressed ninety percent of the time. I'd only worry about being alone though.

I don't know what's worse, being a wrinkly old lady or a grumpy old man.

my decision is still on the table.

Do I want to be a Cougar or a DOM when I'm old?

money isnt a pressure now but family responsibilities still are - otherwise i would be pretty much 24/7

mitch

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    I was thinking.. are we more likely to go full-time as we get older, say, past retirement age assuming we don't have to work?
    There are different degrees of "going full time".

My wife had family obligations out of town for half of this year, so I was home alone a lot. For some people, that might have been an opportunity to dive right in and go "femme" when not at work. It wasn't like that for me. For example there were very few days indeed when I got home and rushed to change into a skirt or dress (and the few times I did were almost all to rush out again to our monthly meeting.)

On the other hand, through that time, I was usually technically dressed 24/7 including at work. Girl jeans, panties, trouser socks or tights or pantyhose, women's shoes: I wore those all of the time; and often a womens' top. Even when I wore a silk or more satiny blouse, no-one appeared to notice. Some days I wore my bra and forms to work (though I admit that I usually took off the forms themselves while I was at work-- not always though!). Thus, when I would get home from work, I was already in womens clothes.

But I estimate that I only went out Dressed roughly once every six weeks (besides the monthly meeting.) "Dressed" meaning wig and makeup and skirt or dress. Months would go by without my putting on a wig at all (I don't always wear a wig to the meetings, but my own hair is shoulder-length.)

So what would it mean for me to go "full time", more than what I've just gone through? If you are already technically pretty much "full time" and no-one notices?

I think "full time" means different things to different people. One of the posters indicated they would only do it inside the house. I think for me, "full time" would be more the extent to which I more visibly and publicly wear "feminine" clothes and allow that to be connected to my male self. Already a lot of sales associates have seen me in drab (well, at least so it would -appear-) shopping openly for myself, so I'm fairly public that way. But I have not yet done non-trivial front yard work while visibly in a skirt or dress; nor have I gone to the corner store (300 feet / 100 metres away) visibly in a skirt or dress; likewise I haven't gone obviously dressed to some restaurants where my wife and I are Known.

What's ahead for me in the next year? It is going to be one of adjustment for my wife and I; she's been away for the great majority of time since we had The Talk, and there is a difference between knowing that your husband 1000 miles away sometimes go out dressed up, vs dealing with the reality of the situation from close up. Two particular things I am hoping for are that she will allow me to casually wear a bra and forms (at home and when we are out together); and that she will accept my sometimes wearing a skirt even in "guy mode" (e.g., if I am off grocery shopping) -- i.e., accept that I openly publicly Cross-Dress. There are lots of other things I could hope for, but no sense in rushing things too much. But I don't think that I would feel like I was "full time" until at least the point where my attire while not at work was mostly a matter of personal mood.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabie View Post
    I don't know what's worse, being a wrinkly old lady or a grumpy old man.

my decision is still on the table.

Do I want to be a Cougar or a DOM when I'm old?
    I choose to be a grumpy old lady.

I used to think if I didn't make the transistion when I was young, then I'd never do it all . The reasoning behind that idea was that when you're young you are better looking and you would have more years ahead to enjoy the female side of life.

However I've noticed as I got older the feelings have got more intense - so who knows ..................

I retired and moved to the country, I dress everyday but the wife will not let me go public as we live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone.

Full Time for me is wearing skirts full time...Since I am semi-retired I do that and I enjoy every day... Going out en-femme would be too much ..not for me but for people on the streets
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

I LOVE IT!!, in a New York min. let's be neighbor's Violet, we could give the little darling's and there parent's something to talk about, The two old spinster down the street!!! Jenn
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    I used to think if I didn't make the transition when I was young, then I'd never do it all . The reasoning behind that idea was that when you're young you are better looking and you would have more years ahead to enjoy the female side of life.

However I've noticed as I got older the feelings have got more intense - so who knows ..................
    well Suzy look at me

i would be a sad unhappy old fart .. but times change now i will be an old weird lady maybe a cat woman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Full time

I agree, as I mature the urge to dress is becoming more of an urge. I really enjoy more now. I look forward to retirement(if ever) so I can dress more and more. Might be hard to wear a skirt on the Harley though. Guess I'll have to buy more jeans.

20 yrs ago I did not think I wanted to live 24/7 as a woman, because I was fighting the urge to dress, when I finally for the 2nd time accepted that I liked to dress like a woman I was 32yrs old, but I did not think at that time I was going to want to dress full time as a woman. When I was 35 yrs old I completely quit dressing, after about 10 yrs I could not resist anymore, I put a dress on, and it felt sssooo good to be in a dress, it was like it was meant to be. In the last couple of yrs I have went from wearing a dress at home to now going out enfemme almost every day. I now want to live 24/7 as a woman and am taking the steps neccesary to make that happen.
    I do think that as some of us get older we do want to go ful time, the urges get stronger with age. I hope that answers your question.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Unfortunately for me, four of the five friends I've had that decided to transistion were over 50. All four have died from heart complications due to the hormones/drugs. The fifth is 40 something and goes through an on again off again relationship with the hormones that is taking a toll of its own.

I don't know if age had anything truly to do with it, but it has made me incredibly sad to lose very dear friends.

Personally, I have no intentions whatsoever of doing so. I like ALL of me lol
    *hugs*

Zara

I'd love to be full time. As for a cat lady already have the cat he is my lap buddy. I love to see things change in this world where we could all be want we want with out worry or persicution from anybody.

Well, as for me, my wife will make sure I don't go full time! Whether I wanted to, or not! But in general, I DO find that my 'desire' to dress has increased a bit, but don't have the time to follow through with that desire. Sort of a catch 22 i guess.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

As I age I think more and more about what life is about and all that good stuff. I've come to the conclusion that it's all about living and being who you want to be. We only have a relatively short time on this sphere and if we're not being who we want to be and doing what we want to do, then it seems kinda wastefull to me.