Thread: accepting

accepting

I was wondering if it is becoming more acceptable to go to public places crossdressed or did I pass that well. Ok, I went to the movie theatre today and nobody batted an eyelash, except me:GE: .oh yeah there were a lot of people there to, when I finished doing that I went through one of the Mcdonalds drive throughs and I did get a second look but that is about it, because of my guy voice. thanks for listening-oh yes it was great to get out not noticed

Way to go girl! Maybe it's a little of both passing and acceptance. I've gone to a couple of tg meetings as Jill but I haven't had the nerve to try what you did so far. I think it would be a real kick to go to a movie and restaraunt just to see the reaction of the others. Jill

Good going!

I think that the movies are one of the best places to go while dressed. It is easier to blend as most people are not paying such close attention to everyone else and there are usually a greater age selection there.

Going to the mall is next on the list for me

I seriously think any man could pass off as a woman. The problem is some male CDs look 'mutton dressed as lamb'

I don't mean to be offensive, but if those men dressed their age and toned down the outrageous factor, I don't believe it would be a problem to successfully pass off.

I am 45, but dress like a woman 50/58. I prefer that.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I think one should be able to go anywhere without question. Society has so many hangups it shard to keep track lol.

So long as you are enjoying yourself and hurting no one... who cares?

and I'm also working on my Victorian Matron look for my older years

*hugs*
    Zara

You go girl glad you enjoyed being out hun
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    Way to go girl! Maybe it's a little of both passing and acceptance. I've gone to a couple of tg meetings as Jill but I haven't had the nerve to try what you did so far. I think it would be a real kick to go to a movie and restaraunt just to see the reaction of the others. Jill
    Well I did sit at the theatre for 15-20 minutes trying to get up my nerve to go in:blushing:

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    I was wondering if it is becoming more acceptable to go to public places crossdressed
    I don't know if there is indeed a change in attitudes in the general public.

It could just be that most people don't look other people in detail when crossing them in the streets or in a store.

In some department stores, sales attendants have been quite cooperative on the subject of x-dressing. I have been shopping for women clothes several times while being dressed in drab. When asked for the preference of my SO by the sales attendant I answered that this skirt or this top was for myself. "I see." was the answer of the sales attendent. "Would you like to try it on?" And she took me to the try on place.

In many cases they told me that they had seen some TV shows abut X-dressing. So, at least some of the TV shows seem to produce some positive effect...

Eugenie

I have been out a few times and had no problems except for a second look or two. My very first outing was with a Tri-Ess group and we all went to a very public restaurant with no stares or bad talk. Now I have to agree with 1950clothes it is important to dress your age and more then that act like you are a women walk with your head up an 99% of the time nobody will pay any attention to you.

In the last few years I have started going out dressed in the public. So far I too have not had any problem. I have stood in line with other people, gone shopping, filled up the SUV with gasoline, and etc. I have had a couple of stares, a few smiles, but no out and out badness. I have gotton comments like, "nice dress", "love your shoes", and etc. I am sure that I am not passing 100%, but I think most people even if they figure it out, have enough Decency not make a sence. Try to dress to blend in. That way most people will not notice you. Some people don't pay that much attention to their surroundings and if you don't seem out of place, then you are not noticed. it may sound funny, but the biggest compliment you can get, is Not being noticed. LOL I

From my point of view its publically acceptable and i've done it many times without incident and made many good friends. I've been to the theatre, the cinema, restaurants, mainstream clubs, pubs, shopping, used ladies changing and washrooms, had makeovers. Folks seem to accept me quite readily and are too polite to make an issue. Of course I have no idea what they are thinking but I dont really care. I dress to blend, try to be as smart as possible and hopefully change a few attitudes along the way

Mitch

Not sure

I think it is wonderful that you had a chance to go out and enjoy yourself. As I have stated before I don't believe people have a big of a problem with us as we do with ourselves. Girls just look approite and be confident and life goes on! Love your story don't stop now because it only gets better from here.

Love Always,

Glad you had a good time and had fun

Kim
    xxx

BTW.....now that you have gone out in public dressed, your hooked now. You will start going out more and more now. Each time will get easier and soon it will be like you have done this all your life. LOL

Congrats!
    It's great you had a good time.
    I haven't been to the movies yet, but that's just one of the many things on my long list of things to-do for 2008.
    Now that you've gone out, there's no going back.
    Keep it up.

When I first went out in public, I was conscious of the people around me because I thought everyone was staring, but then I realized that nobody really was except for a few men who were checking me out.
    Because I wasn't used to being looked at, in guy mode, I realized that my point view was reversed and so it took me a while to get used to it.

I've been out so many times now that it doesn't bother me anymore, in fact, I take it as a compliment because it reassures me that I do pass extremely well.
    And like everyone said, people aren't really paying attention to others around them, with the exception of maybe young kids and teens, because they're too busy with other things on their mind, but other than that it's no big deal to get a occasional glance from someone. I do it when I'm both modes because its human nature.

As long as you dress appropriately and present yourself very well, you'll blend in with the crowd, go about your business, and enjoy being treated like a woman.
    This not only shows the public that the majority of crossdressers are wonderful people, but it also changes the general public's perception as well as what the media negatively portrays.

It's always nice to hear success stories like occdresser's and we need more like these to encourage others.
    So get out there all you girls and represent!

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 12-28-2007 at 11:03 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

[QUOTE=1950sclothes;1134218] I don't mean to be offensive, but if those men dressed their age and toned down the outrageous factor, I don't believe it would be a problem to successfully pass off. [QUOTE]

I think you hit it right on the head here. I too tend to dress more on the conservative side when I am trying to pass in a situation like going shopping or out for a night of dinner and a movie etc.. Too many times I see CDers out there who are more on the wavelength of Drag Queens who do their dressing for the shock value and nothing more. They are attempting to draw attention to themselves and that attention is NOT always positive, but they will be the first to claim "hate crime" when they are attacked or something worse. Ladies, if WE want to gain the acceptance of those around us, we need to fit in with them better. If you are a 45 year old man do NOT dress like some 21 year old tramp and you will not have any problems with "passing".

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I've been conducting a little experiment with myself by going out to the same places drab as i do en femme and trying to guage peoples reactions and whether they are different. My personal conclusion is that they are the same. What I thought was recognition signs like quick glances are identical. perhaps I'm being just a little too sensitive about how people react and what they're thinking

mitch

Looking for a gentleman

Thumbs up If act and dress right it's right

I think Joann is right. I have been dressing and out in public for many years now! Been all over use the ladies room, dressing rooms, been on trians, planes, autos. I been stoped by the police dressed! Even though my lisences has my Male name they still called me mam!
    I try to pass and dress the way a women my age would dress. Sometime I maybe alitlle over dressed but no one has said anything!
    Like Joann said, I've been out so many time now it does bother me! I have more selfasureance that i pass well and that convedent in myself!
    [B][LEFT][CENTER][/CENTERTammy

Banned Read only

dress how you feel not your age

Going out can be one the greats event for a crossdresser, once you go out you will get hook fast and as a CD you will start to work on how you look and how you dress.

Know a lot of Cd's say you should dress your age to help you to pass better,
    that is not always true unless you want that grandmother look that so many Cd's have, but what you should do is dress appropriately for were you are going out to.

KandisTX said that a 45 year old man should not dress like a 21 year old tramp will I am a 50 year old man who dose dress like a 21 year old tramp and I pass very well.

When Cindy gets dress it is time to hit the clubs and if I m going shopping wear something more acceptable and to dinner it will be cocktail wear but will not dress my age, when I dress it is to stand out and get notice not to blend in.

LA CINDY LOVE