Thread: I Am Doing It

Thumbs up I Am Doing It

Firstly I would like to thank all you gurls for all the help and support.
    My b'day is on dec 31st and i have decided to come clean to my parents on the day.Wish me LUCK!!!!

Banned Read only

wow

Good luck Haley and go slow. I hope you have a nice speech prepared for them. It's going to be difficult, and remember that once you tell them, it can never be taken back.
    I wish you all the luck in the world finding your happiness.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    good luck,,,im just wonderin what and how much are u going to tell them,, i was around 12 when i got caught wearing my sisters pantyhose by my mom,,she didnt handle it well,,but 33 yrs later and i still am wearing pantyhose, and EVERYONE who knows me knows i wear pantyhose,, and some even know im a cd,, and u know what?? i have not lost a single friend or family member because of this information,

Doing it.

Haley, good luck with your plan, but hon take baby steps while you do it. Plan to tell them, but also start very slowly and feel them out about the subject, don't just 'shotgun' them with your revelation, Maybe even work an alternate direction for the talk to go if you feel they are reacting badly to what you are talking about with them.
    When I told my wife, it was just 'BOOM', there it was, all at once. This approach was definately the wrong one, for us anyway, as it caused a big rift between us for a long time.
    Good luck, and I hope for the best with you and your parents.

Terrilynn
    "The hardest to learn is the least complicated."-----Emily Saliers

I dont mean to rain on your parade sweetie - BUT just a thought.

Your Birthday and New Years Eve .. both "memorable" dates. It may not be the best time to approach such an emotive disclosure.

If you are aware of "Triggering" you wil know that some things trigger an emotional reaction at future times. For instance, Good Friday is always associated with the death of my mother as she died on that day (some years ago now). Even tho Good Friday happens on different dates, I always "go back to the day my mum died" in my head.

Sorry if I am not making sense, but what I am trying to say is that forever in the future (however your family takes it) your birthday/New years Eve, will always trigger a memory of your disclosure.

So, you may need to disclose - but do your family need to know on such a memorable day? Perhaps, just perhaps, you could wait a week or two? Thus releasing the 31st to be only related to your birthday and NYE.

Kindest wishes.
    Amanda

hi i would like to wish you a happy new year and happy birthday and i wish you all the luck and courage when you tell your folks and they can find it in them to accept you as the person that you are and not what you wear,and like wise for you to give them time ,please not everyone will accept it you might be surprised or you might be upset chose your moment take a deep breath and good luck (let us know how you get on ) bye for now tina

If I had it to do over again...

I would do what you are doing now. I admire your courage. I believe that if I would have come out much earlier in age, my life and that of my family would be much different now. At this late time in my life, coming out carries far to much baggage to ever be painfree.

Good luck, my thoughts will be with you.

WAY TO GO GIRL! I wish you Godspeed and have a , and may 2008 be your coming out year. I'm so very happy for you Luv and Jill

Good luck and have a great day
    Kim
    xxx

I hope you have a great Birthday and New years. You'll always remember this B'day...BJ

Quote Originally Posted by sissyhaley View Post
    Firstly I would like to thank all you gurls for all the help and support.
    My b'day is on dec 31st and i have decided to come clean to my parents on the day.Wish me LUCK!!!!
    Good for you.

Just for information, I've found an article that could be of interest. Even though there is no direct link between x-dressing and sexual preferences (even though there may be some indirect ones...), that article speaks about people who come out to their families during the holiday season...

I felt that the "Coming out" aspect could be interesting...

Lesbian Gay Disclosures As Unexpected Holiday Gifts
    Source: Alliant International University Wed 12-Dec-2007
    http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/536185/?sc=dwhn

Well

Eugenie
    Last edited by Eugenie; 12-28-2007 at 06:40 PM.

WOO HOO!! You go girl.
    Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

way to go have a happy birthday and new year. for you

Good lucl Haley and Happy Birthday hun
    Angie

Former Member
    Good luck! Have a happy birthday and happy new year!

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar

Hi, Haley!

First, I want to commend you on your courage. It will be a load off your shoulders when it is through. That having been said, however, I kind of agree with Amanda about the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda FAB View Post
    I dont mean to rain on your parade sweetie - BUT just a thought.

Your Birthday and New Years Eve .. both "memorable" dates. It may not be the best time to approach such an emotive disclosure.

If you are aware of "Triggering" you wil know that some things trigger an emotional reaction at future times. For instance, Good Friday is always associated with the death of my mother as she died on that day (some years ago now). Even tho Good Friday happens on different dates, I always "go back to the day my mum died" in my head.

Sorry if I am not making sense, but what I am trying to say is that forever in the future (however your family takes it) your birthday/New years Eve, will always trigger a memory of your disclosure.

So, you may need to disclose - but do your family need to know on such a memorable day? Perhaps, just perhaps, you could wait a week or two? Thus releasing the 31st to be only related to your birthday and NYE.

Kindest wishes.
    I fear that putting it on that special day may equate to more of a buildup and might lead to a less-than-desirable result. Give yourself a present, make a resolution, that you will have the talk with them in January, and I think everything will work out.

Keep the faith, girl!

Heidi99

You will find they Love you, regardless. You will likely be surprised what they know already...... Good Luck!

I'll wish you luck for sure, but please be careful. Once the skirt is out of the closet, you can't put it back.

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I wish you a happy birthday as well! But, please heed Amanda's advice...Wait until after the holiday and birthday are over. Take the time to be prepared of the questions and concerns your parents will have. Have some information ready and answer questions honestly. I wish you the best and good luck!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Gold Member
    Here is what you can probably expect -
    - they will act a little shocked.
    - They will ask if you are gay, how long you been doing it, why you do it, and if you want to be a woman. They might ask who else knows.

- After the day you tell them, they will probably never bring it up again.

Parents like to pretend this doesn't exist. Unlike other things that parents NEVER forget, they will try to forget this one. Most GLBT members will tell you this.

ONe thing you can do to help them is keep answers short and to the point.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Good luck, Haley. And, Happy B-day. I wish I could have done what you are doing years ago. But, like others have said, maybe your birthday is not the bst time. You will know best.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Good luck, if he initialy accepts it, be prepared to take things very slow. I hope everything works out for you.

I don't think it's a good idea.. how well do you know your parents ?.. what do you think will happen ? how will they react.. do you have some were else to live ? .. sometime the truth hurts.. in more ways than one ..

i hope it works out for you ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

out

Good luck to you that certainly take a lot of courage only you know your circimstances. Happy Birthday Too! Morgan

I disagree with those who think you should wait. There is always some excuse to procrastinate. It is best to face things directly. Your mom will be happy to find out what happened to her missing panties.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.