Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're going to dress like that, why bother?

If you're going to dress like that, why bother?

Hi all.

This is one of the comments to a video of mine on YouTube.

The video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk7tCGtKZw4

and the story

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=59571

Now, I do find it a very interesting comment, and I do not take offence, in fact it is almost a compliment.

Those of you who follow my outings and stories will know exactly what I mean.

When I go out, I do dress to pass and perhaps the outfits are a little plain, but they are still in my opinion very feminine, and up to now I have never had a problem while wearing this type of outfit.

I am not sure what this `viewer` is looking for, and I am not even going to ask, uless they see this and wish to reply.

I do have another story to post in the `out and about` section, again very similar outfit.

In that story I went to get a new tyre for my car and had to interact.

I will post that soon

Sophie.

I thought your outfit looked great, very fem. With a name like "subfemboy" or what ever, then I can assume that they were looking for something a little more kinky, lol. What is the name of that song that is in your video?
    A Member of the Revolution.

why worry?? idiots post comments on you tube and the song is self control by laura braningham good choice xxx
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Very interesting.

Basically, what you did wrong was dress like a real woman.

If you had gone out to a big CD nightclub or something, then the comment would have been valid. But in your case, because you were doing it for a particular purpose, you did exactly what you should have done to achieve that purpose.

a compliment definitely - you look very femme and very passable. I think the viewer was probably looking for fishnet stockings and a micro skirt

mitch

From what I saw I don't think you'll have a problem passing as a woman, no one would even question the way you look.

I thought both your clothing and the way you walked were very convincing. If you look at the person who wrote that's profile, they were hiding behind a bush (no pun intended) and the breasts were designed to be more of a caricature of a girl rather than realistic. I will admit, that when I dress at home, I prefer dresses and skirts and very feminine items, but that is really not what women wear when they go out to a furniture shop or to do day to day things. I think it would be much more exciting and pleasurable to go out in public accepted as a woman than to look like a flamboyant guy making fun of women. Unfortunately, I am not one who could go out and pass as a woman like you can - I am envious.

Looking sharp

You look very feminine and very passable to me. Nice outfit. Quite demure.

I think you look great as well. That's what I try to do, blend in, not attract attention, just look like another attractive woman. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more of your posts/ pictures.

OMG it's true

you've been tag by a troll .. you look fine there's nothing wrong with your look that person is jealous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sophie ...I think you look fine also ...You Tube is nothing to get excited about.....I have had a few ....like ...You do Trashy well ....lol.... or that girl is really a boy ...yea Duh !!! if they bug I just delete or move around with different accounts...

Silver Member
    "If you're going to dress like that, then why bother?"

Well hon, the answer to that is, "Because I can, and you can't." You could go anywhere dressed like that and interact with anyone dressed like that. Your presentation seems almost perfect to me. I could not and would not have seen you as anything other than woman, 100%. And that's what you wanted. The genuine article, not a caricature. You've done it girl, you nailed it and you nailed it good.

Of, couse I do not know how tall you are, I don't know how you sound, I don't know a lot about you. But I do know that based on that short video (and on the other short that I have seen), you got it. Absolutely and completely. No question.

Anyone who questions your presentation in that video is jealous or dumb. I suspect jealous.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I just watched the video again. Stay away from the slomo stuff. It does not acentuate the feminine in you. Part of the sucess of your walk is your quickness. I have said this many times here. Perhaps others can watch and learn from you. You nail the walk 100% with NONE of that silly one foot in line with the other stuff, or any attempt at an exagerated wiggle. I read that it took you some time to get it down, but you did it. Congrats, dear. You acomplished what many of us only dream of.

Stephie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 12-29-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I don't think I get it

Sophie,
    I watched the video of the attractive, conservatively dressed woman walking around. Thot she was kind of cute! Is she your girlfriend?
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Very interesting.

If you had gone out to a big CD nightclub or something, then the comment would have been valid. But in your case, because you were doing it for a particular purpose, you did exactly what you should have done to achieve that purpose.
    I agree with Julie: you look like a real woman on an ordinary excursion--nothing flashy, nothing flashy needed. I see women who dress like this all the time. I really want the "natural" look most of the time. If I'm going to go out for something special (a special event, a date, a New Year's party), I dress up. That's why they call it "dressing up."
    Don't worry about the negative comment.
    warmly, Linnea

"If you're going to dress like that, then why bother?"

Because you look fabulous!!!

I think you looked great! Very natural
    Youtube comments are generally to be ignored completely, as evidenced by this comic http://xkcd.com/202/

Some people are just looking for skin to be shown, but that's not what it's always about

You look very nice. Your outfit is very cute and very appropriate for browsing at a furniture store.

I know it's annoying to get the odd negative comment (and by odd I mean both strange and unusual) but there are a lot of people out there and it's not unusual for someone with an ax to grind to say something negative. I think you can see from the comments you've received here that the reaction to your video is overwhelmingly positive. You can't please everyone nor should you try.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos and hearing about more adventures.

All the best.

Linda
    Linda Marie Daniels

Semi Sane innocent angel
    some people are programed to think TGs= ****s then there are others that are curded rude ass holes .

Look don't worry about what one jerk says, or it will keep you from going out

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Very interesting.

Yep I agree! You wanted to blend in, not go shopping like "The Woman In Red"!

Id say the vast majority of youtube comments are to say the least.
    ~Amber GG married to a CD
    Open mind open heart. Straight but not narrow. Momma to my sweet babies.
    Strong inside but you don't know it/Good little girls they never show it

All that I can see is someone who looked great. Pay no heed!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Sophie the person who said that is dyslexic,,he ment to say,"why bother to dress like that if your not gona go into the store"
    Last edited by obsessedwithpantyhose; 12-30-2007 at 10:42 AM.

F*** those jerks on Youtube, you look great and don't let anybody tell you else wise.

Btw, I know two wrongs don't make a right but I kindly told those rude people off for you.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    1) Have confidence cause you look great!

2) If you are going to post vids on youtube you had better get used to luring trolls. LOTs of them!

*hugs*

Zara

Sophie, congratulations on your outing. One of the replys said, why dress like that?, one must remember dressing for daytime is a lot different than dressing for night time. Trying to achieve that blend in look isn't easy, however you did a great job.

Banned Read only
    Sophie, you do what so many of us wish we had the brass to try. Only a select few such as yourself, can go out in public and pass. It must be very thrilling for you and I'm quite envious.
    Don't let one comment from one jerk make you feel any less pretty. I think you already know the majority of us here support you.
    If it feels good, DO IT!!!