Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you need a female name?

caplocks dont work
    Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    edit out the parts you don't want.
    thanks

its all in the name!

For some, a feminine name makes us the "gurls" that we are! *in our minds, at least!*
    and It completes the picture for a lot of us!
    Emotionally, It is Very important and commits us to this part or our lives in a more dedicated manner!
    When we take a girls' name, for some,we tell the world that we have accepted this feminine side and that is who we are and who we want to be when dressed!
    In many cases, its the name we prefer to be, rather then the name we were given at birth...the person we prefer to be...rather then the that was born with a male name ...perhaps representing the person we actually are!

and,
    for others, its just plain Fun to have a girls' name!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

For me my real name can go either way, I just added the ce on the end to give my name a more femine touch and for me it works

Because when I'm Jennifer, I'm hot! Plain and simple! Jennifer looks better than the drab guy I am.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it seemed obvious!

the first time my wife saw me dressed (and it was the first time), the first thing she said was that my female self needed a name. It was clear to both of us (all three of us?) that Tina is a new personality, and should in no way be forcably linked to the male anything, including the male name. She and I talk about Tina very much in the framework a new person as, "Tina would have said/done this or that".

Being CD is not just being dressed. Tina is working hard to have a female attitude and female responses to situations, and a female voice. She deserves a separate identity, and that includes a name.

It was obvious from the first moment!

Tina

Aspiring Member
    I think of myself as Annie when I am dressed enfemme and many times when I am in drab but my wife calls me by my male name all the time. Is this a reflection of her not accepting my crossdressing? Nonetheless, my name Annie completes my illusion of being feminine.

I chose ..

.. My Name as "Gender" non specific ?
    an older sage told Me about such things
    So If You see me on the street ... Holler "Criss" -Chris -or better yet ..

""Khriss"" which is My Name .. oh Well then ? Just Ask'in ... "KHRISS" truthfully....
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

I have also wondered why i had to have a female name b/c i didn't have one to a joined this sit. I don't like my male name so theres no way i would use that. Many are right though your real name mite not fit your female image.
    I think Kirra is a good name for me, i just thought it fit better then my male name.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I'm the the same guy regardless of my clothing. I feminized
    my name as a way to embrace my feminine side.

There's something appealing about being referred to with feminine pro nouns (she,her...) as well.

My femmy name of Kim came about out of practicality. I still dress privately, and when shopping with my wife we will mention that Kim would like this or that. Or that Kim needs new panties. Simple and practical. Other than that Kim is a bit closer to who I am than I show publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickanne GG View Post
    If you are simply a CD, why do you name your femme persona? I can understand why TSs take a female name to complete the illusion or the transition but why would a heterosexual CD find a need to take on a female name?
    You are associating needing to be fully female with a TS. Just because one is heterosexual, and a CD, does not mean that they don't need to feel fully female too. That is the gender part, which is quite seperate from the sexual part. It is also a practical thing. When out in public, it is a little awkward to have an attractive woman called "Frank" by her mates.
    Sally

Why

WickAnne, I use a feminine name for the same reason I use lipstick, other makeup...a wig..and a dress...it's all part of the illusion.

I took it my name Joann and the simple answer is "It completes the ensemble". I look at myself as Joann the person inside of me since I was born and if I were born a female it would have been a name for a girl who I am inside. The name signifys masculine or feminine so I dress as Joann and use the Name. Simple as that for me. It is also great because the short name of Joann is Jo which is the same as my real name Joe. Easy Joann0830

I never thought or think of myself as Carly before being on the internet... the name is a means to an end, as it were, in that I wanted some privacy from the potential of someone I know accidentally stumbling on this or any other site with my name or picture on it.. strangely enough I just can't see any of my family doing so except for one.. my brothers oldest daughter, being of a top flight religion, and very religious, but also being just a little bit quirky (as most religious people are) she might happen across a site like this or a fetish site of some other sort.. I'm not sure what she would do if she found out about me.. forgive my "sin" of cross dressing? and while I'm completely off topic still I wonder many times when I'm dressed up and the Jahova witness sect comes to the door what they might say if I were to ever get brave enough to answer the door in my Carly fare??

Why not?

Why not?
    It's not as if it costs anything and it makes me feel better about being CD/TV than if I use my male name.
    If I think of myself as John (not my real male name) when dressed then I feel I'm just a bloke in a dress.
    To be Jennifer is an escape of all the things I don't like about myself being male.

Go on choose a female name it's fun
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

I don't really need a fem name. Just something fun to do. A good way for my friends here to associate with me. And another way to maintain the secrecy that is sometimes need to go along with this side of me. I wish that the secrecy wasn't needed, but the real world is out there, and sometimes you just need that extra layer of anonymity.

Raychel
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Second Answer

I put a great deal of time and effort into this question earlier.
    Now that I've slept on it a much simpler answer comes to mind.

Why do i need a female name?

I don't. But I wanted one, so I got one.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Wickanne

Hello,
    Just want to ask you a question first, "Is Wickanne your real name?" I just never heard of a girl as "Wickanne" before. If it is, I see your point. If not, why you choose a different name to use here? It is a screen name for you, you use it for the purposes it is needed for. Same with a female name, people have different purposes and reasons for why they do that.

I have choosen "Michelle", because it is opposite of "Michael" which is my real name, and most CDers do that. I look at myself as being two different people and should be referred to as "Michael" when I am in my male mode, and "Michelle" when I am in my female mode. I would feel kind of strange if people start calling me "Michelle" at the office, or "Michael" when I am out and about wearing my femme clothes. I want to be, and feel "Michelle". Some here have said "It completes the illusion", sorry I don't agree with that. I don't see it as an illusion, I see it as reality. I am "Michelle" when I have makeup on, wearing hose, and heels, and I want to be referred to as such because of that.

Simply put, Micheal is Micheal, and Michelle is Michelle. We may use the same body, but I see them as two different people.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

I need to have a female name because when dressed I am female as far as my own mind is concerned. I do not want to look and act female and have a male name, and anyway, why does it bother you? We each do our own thing.

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

That a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi View Post
    I need to have a female name because when dressed I am female as far as my own mind is concerned. I do not want to look and act female and have a male name, and anyway, why does it bother you? We each do our own thing.
    Well said Linda,
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As others have said it completes the "illusion". When I become en-femme everything including mannerisms change, and Jocelyn is such a prettier name than Jason. Jocelyn

Great question. I personally did not even think of taking on a femme name until I had found an online forum. I personally could not relate to all of these guys with male names as to me they were still guys. At least the CDers and at that time I was quickly learning the TG continuum. At this same time a couple of others were new to the site and were posting using a male name. And they were chastised for using a male name. I did not see a problem with using a male name but took one on as to not have to deal with that.

I since has really come to realize I am just a guy who likes to wear feminine clothes at times. And I now sign my post with my femme name and joe in a skirt. I have struggled for over a year now just changing to a male name since I have been on line since early 2000's and have many that know me by my femme name.

Guys using femme names is also a huge issue with my wife and she always calls me by my femme name even when out enfemme.

You can call me either KimberlyS-CD or joe in a skirt. I will answer to either and many other things. Just do not call me late for a meal. But I also think Butterfly Bill has a great look and know many CDers despise it.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Headed toward the future.

WOW, an overwhelming response…

Thank you all for your response(s). This is all leading up to another thread and it should be interesting to see what I learn from the next thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll
    … I don't know if you are in a masculine mindset when you wear mens clothes, but even if you keep your feminine name, I duobt that you see yourself as "Wikcanne in pants".
    I see myself as me in pants or a skirt. I will let you in on a little secret, when my emotions are challenged, with something I am not ready to deal with, the first thing I tend to do is wrap myself in the security of track pants/army pants and a sweatshirt. The “stereotypical male” mode of shutting down, becoming stoic and pragmatic, until I can grasp and deal with it on an emotional level. Unfortunately, I have spent much of this year dressed that way…not much feminine going on lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle37
    … you cant call her robert why because of what people say is female and male? dont you think that goes against what you are when you dress?
    It’s a good thing I continued reading the posts…I may have made a fool of myself based on your first post to this thread. You do bring up a good point though. If one sees/feels society rejects one’s femme side and you are fighting for your rights as a CD (I am not referring to the spectrum of those who feel they are in the wrong body) then is one not actually conforming to what society accepts as “typically” female by adopting a female name? Just a thought….and another thread topic?

Quote Originally Posted by michellebesweet
    … Just want to ask you a question first, "Is Wickanne your real name?" I just never heard of a girl as "Wickanne" before. If it is, I see your point. If not, why you choose a different name to use here? It is a screen name for you, you use it for the purposes it is needed for. Same with a female name, people have different purposes and reasons for why they do that.
    My screen name evolved for two reasons…1) Privacy issues…let’s face it, not everyone on the Internet is playing with a full deck. 2) It’s a tribute…my best friend, whom I loved dearly, passed away on Boxing Day ‘91. The second half of her first name is “anne”, the second half of her last name is “wick”. She is always with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi
    … and anyway, why does it bother you? We each do our own thing.
    You are making an assumption? You may be best served if you came right out and asked me if it bothers me instead of assuming it bothers me…since as you put it, “We each do our own thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyS
    … At this same time a couple of others were new to the site and were posting using a male name. And they were chastised for using a male name. I did not see a problem with using a male name but took one on as to not have to deal with that.
    Your post was quite interesting but what I found particularly interesting was the part that I quoted. Do you feel you conformed to the pressures of the group to fit in?

Oh no, I feel the pot stirring…down devil’s advocate…down…oops, here it comes…Honestly, does that not go against what it is to be “different”. As a group who are different from the “norm” and wanting society to accept that difference…does “chastising” someone for being different, for wanting to maintain the male name, seem counterproductive. Is the group not trying to impose their “concept” of what it is to be feminine, whilst trying to lift those same restrictions from society? Who, in all their wisdom or lack of, decided “Bob” is a male name and “Deb” is a female name? I am guessing the same people who decided a penis makes you masculine and a vagina makes you feminine. Why cann’t “Robert” be a female name?
    Last edited by Wickanne GG; 01-01-2008 at 02:10 PM.

For me it's because Joanie has her own identity. It's separate from John's persona and yet we are somewhat "blended."

And, when I'm en femme and out in public it would just seem strange to people if I went by my male name. Some of us are now working toward tolerance and if people ask us we try and explain about "The Feminine Persona." Having a femme name when you introduce yourself seems to help. I think going by a guy's name when I'm dressed would seem to be very strange to others, especially people who were uninformed and trying to understand.

By the way, Transmen do about the same. They usually have a guy name!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    It is also a practical thing. When out in public, it is a little awkward to have an attractive woman called "Frank" by her mates.
    We can not actually "see" a name. However calling us by a femme name makes it a highl visible part of our femme presentation.

PLEASE NOTE: This post does not come close to expressing my full thoughts on this topic. I took a great deal of time to write a legnthy and insightful response. Unfortunately, in doing so and taking too much time, this sytem logged me off. In attempting to log back in and complete my post, all was lost. This is but a mere morsel of what I had to say.

I put a great deal of time and effort into my replies. When they get lost, the reality of how much time I waste here is thrust into my face. This message board and it's many idosynchrsies will ultimately be my downfall and the reason I may give up posting here.

This may seem off topic but it is not. It has everything to do with what I tried to say on this thread.

Happy New Year!

Hugs - Genifer