Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: famous people who CD and did it ruin their career?

famous people who CD and did it ruin their career?

Anyone know of any famous people who CD? did they freely admit it or were they caught out so to speak?

ps...Happy new year!!!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Rupaul,,Eddi Izzard have both made a living out of crossdressing,,,

as for other actors i only know of their ON Screen cding

Cding made Alexis Arquettes' career. I don't think it's hurt Marilyn Manson, either.

Grayson Perry the award winning artist over here and Eddie Izzard are among the best known, I'm not sure I'd include RuPaul (Drag Queen) or Alexis Arquette (TS) in the "cross-dressing category though..........

If you're an artist or performer then you may survive, but would a senior politician or service personnel?

Eddie himself has publicly acknowledged how hard it would be for an accountant, or policeman or lawyer to come out as an vanilla Transvestite (or Cross-dresser if you prefer). That is someone, for example, like me- hetero, married, a known business person who just happens to have a bloody good time in a frock two or three times a month.
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

How about J. Edgar Hoover, the first head of the F.B.I. in America, a known cross-dresser. It has also been suggested that Hitler indulged, but that could be just hearsay.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're an artist or performer then you may survive, but would a senior politician or service personnel?

thanks Fiona, i think that makes the original question more to the point i am trying to raise, also why should it hurt their career, live and let live

Dennis Rodman had to make fun of his crossdressing. He sure had ugly taste in lingerie though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberTG View Post
    How about J. Edgar Hoover, the first head of the F.B.I. in America, a known cross-dresser. It has also been suggested that Hitler indulged, but that could be just hearsay.
    I don't believe Hitler CD'd but one of his top Lieutenants did, I can't remember which one but he was head of the Wehrmacht and had a reputation for seducing young handsome "Heros of the Reich" who had come to his estate to be decorated for valor. Hitler himself was extremely conservative, not even believing in extramarital sex. Just bits and pieces I picked up in reading.....Stephanie

The highest of heels! Helen H. Heels's Avatar

Anyone remember Tom Hanks?

Yes, Tom hanks was in a television comedy series called BOSOM BUDDIES!
    His career seems to have been O.K. after that.
    How about that ladies?

Love, Helen

I'm not famous but it would ruin mine.
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie-L View Post
    I don't believe Hitler CD'd but one of his top Lieutenants did, I can't remember which one but he was head of the Wehrmacht and had a reputation for seducing young handsome "Heros of the Reich" who had come to his estate to be decorated for valor. Hitler himself was extremely conservative, not even believing in extramarital sex. Just bits and pieces I picked up in reading.....Stephanie
    Just read something about Hitler this week in "Why do Men Have Nipples" book. Seems that Eva B. (no relation) would be required to deficate and urinate on him. So I don't think the Kinky train missed his stop too often.

Earnst Roehm if I remember correctly. He was head of the SA..."The Brown Shirts." He represented a threat to Hitler's Power and eventually Hitler had him murdered. One of the justifications given: "He indulged in perversions with his young disciples." Nobody really knows the truth about the allegations.

Peace and Love, Joanie

And, you all forgot Marv Albert. Sportcaster, macho guy, and according to The Girlfriend, A Crossdresser.

He had to lay low for awhile, but now he's back doing broadcasts. As I remember ALL of the allegations were pretty spectacular. Just shows that we can survive anything!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by Holly; 01-01-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Multiposting is not allowed on the forum. Please use the EDIT button or the multiquote function to quote/respond to multiple posts... Thanks

Johnny Depp has apparently done some crossdressing. I don't think it hurt his career, but it isn't really common knowledge

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    "uncle Milty" Milton Beriel,, Flip Wilson,, my all time fav Benny Hill,,

it hasnt ruind me either

There is a certain ex Manchester united , real madrid footballer who is playing in america that was once rummored to wear his wifes knickers !
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Rod Stewart, a somewhat famous Scottish musician has been known to wear more than one of his ex wives panties. Also remembering Rod has a tendancy toward women who become underwear models he gets to wear some really nice panties!!

Politicians

Actually I was surprised to read something the other day suggesting that Rudolph Giuliani was a crossdresser. Google "Giuliani crossdressing" to see some of the references, including a youtube video.

Elizabeth

Gold Member
    I was too young to remember but did it hurt this guy's career?
    Joe Namath
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=23dBG27gnuU
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Many artists like to impersonate women in a movie or in a theater play... I'm almost sure some of them realy enjoy that experience...

It may not be just by chance that they accepted those roles... Some had quite convincing looks. I think of Dusin Hoffmann in "Tootsie"... But there are many others...

Eugenie

Actors can always claim it was only for the role and not get stuck with the label as CD.

Guiliani was seen in a video crossdressed but it hardly proves anything as far as his personal life.

The real problem is in the personal lives of the many not famous and how it affects them far from the glare of the news media.

Like the quote from Eddy Izzard.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I'm not famous, but i do have groupies that come out to the faires to see me, and just about everyone I know within my circle of influence knows about Zarabeth... except work (when i had it).

Having seen firsthand several accounts of what happens to someone that lets that secret out of the bag in the work environment has led me to believe that its better to not say anything. Watching people who held high paying jobs, did great work, had no problems to being unemployed ostricized from their careers because of what they did elsewhere sickens me.

The workplace (not ALL of them) has a lot of "good old boys/girls" with their own set of employment "rules" that suddenly emerge that enables them to get rid of an "undesireable element" within their midst in order to return harmony and balance to their sacred workplace. Right or wrong matters not and they still do it. I've seen good friends that had spent over 15 years suddenly turn ugly really fast over it.

Our society has a long way to go, but until things change I'm keeping it out of the workplace.

*hugs*

Zara

Trudyann

Marvin Gaye

Marvin Gaye was a cross dresser, but kept it hid from the public. Apparently his father who shot him also did some cross dressing. Its all in a book called "Mercy, Mercy Me" It might have affected his popularity had the public known, but who knows?

I don't believe Hitler CD'd but one of his top Lieutenants did, I can't remember which one but he was head of the Wehrmacht and had a reputation for seducing young handsome "Heroes of the Reich" who had come to his estate to be decorated for valor. Hitler himself was extremely conservative, not even believing in extramarital sex. Just bits and pieces I picked up in reading.....Stephanie

Ernst Rome was his name. He was in charge of the S.A. the rival group the famous S.S. When Hitler had the S.A. squashed, it was called "The Night of the long Knives!" Ernst Rome and his officers were assassinated.

Quote Originally Posted by charllote34 View Post
    There is a certain ex Manchester united , real madrid footballer who is playing in america that was once rummored to wear his wifes knickers !
    Now Charllote34,
    Who could that be???? I am in suspense! LOL!

Happy New Year!

Melissa
    Melissa Pink

I read that Goering wore nail polish and had a collection of silken underwear.