Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male/female mode: different age?

Male/female mode: different age?

I noticed that people guess my age when in femme mode at least 5 years younger then when I am in male mode. Do you have the same experience?

Could that be just politeness or do we exaggerate our female appearance? Short skirts, large size breast forms, heavy make up, high heels and more?

I was told that is was in my 40's I'm 57

I think perhaps a large part of it is the foundation.. it can really smooth out the skin.. and if we're cheerier because we're dressed that could be seen as a more youthful exuberance..

Just theories..

Makeup will always help to make you look younger.

A baby starts off with perfectly flawless soft skin. If you can achieve that, then you will look good.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Probably. Makeup works wonders. Most folks tell me I look around 40 as Sal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Caudine, I am 66 don't look my age as a male an even younger as a female the make up dose help an a very good wig with a good style. My girl friend has taught me the little tricks of putting on make up an it dose help,she is a great help an supports me all the way. When u are happy in all aspects of your life u appear younger.

Josephine

PS my doctor has me on beer and wine after I had kidney cancer an after 24 yrs it works a drink or two helps the water works for me anyway

well i am 47 and i get 36 i like that it's amazing what makeup can do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Make up and dressing in nice clothes makes the difference.Claire.XXX
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Hopefully it was your looks and dress. That is what I tell myself. Ha Ha!

We're wearing a disguise designed to remove some of the signs of ageing - both with make up as people have mentioned, but also with our hair?

Perhaps what is more interesting is how many of us behave younger, when we dress?

It's my belief that we all have to go through our 'teens' again, to understand how to be a girl - it's just that, when the person doing it is in their 50s, 60s or even 70s - the effect, before you learn just how much is too much, can be a touch incongruous?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Between the makeup which covers much of the signs of aging, and dressing younger, which most of us do, that has the effect of taking our age down from 5-15 years. I'm 53 and many are shocked when I show them my drivers liscence (the full beard probably helps! LOL). I dress in styles anywhere from 25 to 40 years old. I like to stay in the 30-45, upscale, active type woman look.
    Sally at Polecaris.jpg
    Sally

I look a lot younger than my 52 yrs, and some have been quite shocked to see me drab, with all that grey hair.
    DonnaT

I'll tell you my real age if anyone wants to guess what they think it is...

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Reilly View Post
    I'll tell you my real age if anyone wants to guess what they think it is...

Judging you on that picture alone I would say about 35.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I'm 27 and sometimes I still get asked for proof when we go out to a club. If he's cute, I smile at him as I hand him my ID and say thanks for asking

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

When I'm in girl mode, people often think that I'm in my mid 20's.
    They're always surprised when I tell them my real age. They're mouths just drop open.

It's amazing what make up can do.
    I'll let you all judge, my real age.

Whenever I'm in guy mode and go out to a club, or go to the store to buy liquor, I still get asked for my ID.
    It's such a great compliment that I always say to them "I would LOVE show you my ID" and happily smiling at the same time.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 01-06-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Michelle Reilly;1146671]I'll tell you my real age if anyone wants to guess what they think it is... QUOTE]

You're gorgeous Julie agrees too. And I'm guessing maybe 32? Let's go out dancing

Hugs, Marci and Julie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Well I came out at 25 so I always dressed my age

Quote Originally Posted by MarciManseau View Post
    I'm 27 and sometimes I still get asked for proof when we go out to a club. If he's cute, I smile at him as I hand him my ID and say thanks for asking

Hugs, Marci
    lol you too
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-06-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: edit button please merged consecutive posts

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Is this a 60 y/o man?

R there any CD's out there that r 25, but try to dress like a 50 year old woman? Or any GG's, for that matter? Don't think so!
    RS
    image18.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have the same experience, I'm given about five year less when "en femme"...

It feels great, doesn't it...

About the age factor did any of you notice that it is easier to pass (at least partly) as one gets older?

Eugenie

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I've always said my femme mode was around five years younger than me, but I'm rare, I think, in that I look youngish in male. I'm more girl sized, have naturally long hair, and a roundish face, so I could probably pass for someone in their late 20s rather than 35 even without make-up.

I've met more than one T-girl over the age of seventy, and seriously, they have been among the most enthusiastic and energetic people I've met, and in both cases, if I didn't know better, would have thought they were much younger. Just an interesting observation.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

My daughter came home for the hollidays and mentioned to me thay she thought my new wig made me look a lot younger.
    That and 5 pounds of makeup.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think I look younger in girl mode. Hair and makeup can do wonders
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    In my normal, male role in life, almost everybody that guesses my age says I look about 25-30. In femme mode I present about the same age (25-30). I am lucky in that I am short and young looking. In actuality I am 43
    Drumming, My other hobby

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    This is interesting, In guy mode I go to Six flags every year with the family. Every year I go to the guy who "guesses your age within 5 years or you win a prize" and I always walk away with a gift for my child lol. He has never believed that I am in my mid 40s until i drop out the drivers license.

As Embyrre/Zara I drop a good 15 years off of my appearance. Most of that is due to what Violet said. A good foundation can work wonders

*hugs*

Zara