Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Would you really want to be a woman?

If I was younger and could give birth,yes

I love the idea of being a woman and I am inclined to say that I would rush at the chance, but I have some concerns that we are the product of our environment as much as our genes, and I really don't know if would trade all the unfair advantages men have for all the disadvantages women suffer from men. In my fantasy world I am a woman with none of the cares about real world issues except my weight, my height, my wrinkles, and my relationships. I wish we lived in a time and place where we respected each other and celebrated our differences, but then if we did, we would all be content to be who and what we are. And I would be content to be a crossdressing transgender. The circle is now complete, or is it?

this question certainly would have a variety of possible responses, most probably revolving around true gender identity. but you asked for us to answer personally.

thus, i guess sometimes i'd like to be a woman and sometimes a man, but in some search for peace my own path has been to take the qualities i love in both feminine and masculine qualities and integrate them into a unique individual...somebody that is true to their own nature while also having much to offer outwards. it's not all about me.

Im quite happy to compromise.However it would be nice for Claire to be a real woman when dressed.Never mind,life goes on.XXX
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

A real woman for a day or maybe a week but not for good. I still love the man I am.
    No, those are my Panties]

I have answered I would love to be a woman earlier in this thread, I have read the posts since then, and I want to add my thoughts, I know it is not glamorous to be female and I considered all the things women go through, ie menstruel pain, bearing children, and rearing children, etc. etc.. it is not glamorous to be female, however with that said, I would still want to be a female.

I am just a guy with a mix of male and femme attributes, traits and physical characteristics. Just a guy in a skirt here no matter how feminine I look or feel.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

No...I like being a guy, being able wake up and be out and about in minutes...but I think I will enjoy playing gurl, so far I have.

Cheryl

In my mind and my heart, I am a woman and I love it.

[SIZE=3]Kathryn in Saint Petersburg FL[/SIZE]
    http://kdcleve.blogspot.com/

Want to be a Woman No!

There was a time in my life where I might have said yes. Of course I would not have been the " girl of my dreams" and that probably would have hurt. My mother always wanted me to be a girl and was happy with me, but would have been ecstatic to have had a girl. So now at this point in my life and am very happy to switch back and forth (and keep my wife and kids).

Hugs Edyta

Isn't that what CD'ing is all about for most of us? How many of you want to pass? If you were a woman you would.
    Veronica

"And the day came
    when the risk to remain tight in a bud
    was more painful
    than the risk it took to blossom"

- Anais Nin

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    Yes. God, hear me please, YES.

This is probably one of the things that works against unity in the CD/TS community. Some of us like to dress up, primp up, and go live and love and party as our alter-egos, and then when the fun is over, go back to living as Bob or Tina or whoever. And i admire and envy them.

For others, it isnt at all about the clothes or makeup or how pretty we wish we were. Truly, yes, having a 36-24-36 body, being 5'6 and 120 pounds would be a dream come true....for us, and many GGs as well. Gender identity is MUCH deeper than clothes, or hair, or love or how we decorate our house. It is far more an internal process than an external one.

For me, it isnt about pretty dresses and being more "caring and nurturing" than i am now. I can be caring and nurturing as a man, and no one thinks twice about it. Its about self identity, about how we want the world to see us and react to us, for well or ill. Being a "real" woman isnt perfect, but being a "real" man is? Ever pass a kidney stone? How about mowing the lawn, how many of you like doing that when its 96 degrees and so humid and muggy that you can see the air? I just left a job that permitted long hair and earrings and shorts....if you were a woman. How about prostate cancer? Hair in your ears, nose, everywhere but on your head?

I would give anything to truly be a woman, a gg from birth. Lower wages, pain in puberty, every 28 days thereafter, childbirth and all. I would be free to wear what i want, be who i want, express myself however i damn well please, and no one would question it. Women face some serious social issues every day....but so do men. The grass is not greener on either side of the fence, but it dosent mean we cant prefer a side.

I could care less if after transition a sudden social-cultural revolution took place that allowed men to dress as women do now, and relegated women to boring ol' guy clothes. Being a man or a woman is a whole lot more than just what clothes you wear.

As for being fat, with greasy hair and bad teeth, that is something you allow to happen to yourself, society dosent force that upon you. A fat, bad toothed greasy haired man is any less of a social pariah? You can excersize, wash, brush your teeth, see your doctor. Thats like saying "what if you had lung cancer?" and failing to mention the person with the malady smoked for 20 years. I see lots of women daily who dont fit the barbie doll dimensions. I dont think they are lesser women than the lucky few who do.

Might be more interesting if someone started a topic that was "what does being a woman mean to you?" than just "would you if you could?". Not saying this is a bad thread at all, there have been some awesome responses in here. But for a lot of us, this is a pretty deep issue.

Terri

Now that I think about it,I really don't think that I'd enjoy being a woman.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

A good question – and some thought provoking answers!

If it was just me, in isolation, then yes. After all, a woman can do just about any of the things a man can do these days – dig the garden, climb mountains, paddle a kayak, play a violin – you name it and there are women doing it. Being a woman isn’t about getting dressed to the nines every day, though that can be fun. What I like is just to go about the world doing ordinary things – but as a woman, and get treated as a woman. For example, today I went to take some photos of the town I lived in as a small child, and I went dressed as an “every day” woman and had a wonderful day. Nobody took any notice of me, except one man who saw me taking lots of photos and wanted to know if I was a council official. When I explained he was all smiles and couldn’t have been nicer. Have you noticed how people are more friendly towards a woman? Particularly if you smile at them? I guess women are less threatening than men.

So if it was just me in isolation, yes is the answer.

But it isn’t, of course. In the real world you have other people to think about – wives, partners, children, friends. I’ve been married for nearly 40 years to a wonderful lady who knows about the odd things I get up to and doesn’t turn a hair. If I said I wanted to have a sex change op I’m sure she’d rise to the challenge. But she wouldn’t like it. She’d be deeply worried about all the social implications, and it would be unfair to impose all the stress on her for my own selfish gratification. And then there are the children – and now the grandchildren. The children are old enough and sufficiently wordly wise now to cope, but in their teen years they weren’t – it’s hard enough getting used to your own sexuality without getting confusing messages from your dad – so we’ve never told them. Probably most of the people who matter would accept the change in me, but at my time of life (62) the network of people we know is huge and the explaining would go on for ever!
    I don’t actually resent being the male me. Most of the time I don’t think about it. It must be different for some people – read Jan Morris’s book “Conundrum” for an insight into someone who was really obsessed with being the wrong sex. I’m not like that – luckily!

So the “real world” answer is no.

Thanks for asking, and making me think about it!

Love,

Rachel

Hell NO!!! Women work too hard... and it's expected... Men have it easy... very low expectations I figure.... A women works thier ass;s off but if a son makes his bed they throw him a parade and buy him a new car... lol

Crossdressing is the best of both worlds.... imho.... Ya can get all prettied up when you want to.... ya don't HAVE to do it every day.... and when the real work commences you can slip back into guy mode and plead ignorance!!! hehehe

and Klinger thought he had a dodge ..............
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Most of the time i would say that i do not seam to have a conscious thought of wanting to be any gender in particular as when i am doing things my mind is usually on that, but when i get time to dress and relaxes a bit i think that your mind starts to think in the mode that you are dressing in , so yes at those times i would say that i do want to be a woman, whether it is my mind playing tricks on me or whether it is simply that i am more relaxed i do not know or even an age type thing as in less male hormones (maybe i did not have many to start with) again i don`t know .
    But to make things worse i went shopping with my wife yesterday so that meant i ended up going into a lot of female clothes shops (oh how hard that was for me) had to be dragged all the way (out) but i could not stop thinking about how much i wanted to be a woman and wear all those lovely clothes and to add insult to injury i am still feeling like it , have i finally lost it of course it doe`s not help being summer, (that's it been out in the sun to long) must put some thing cool on (a dress) god there is no escaping this madness.

joanne

To be honest - Not a chance. It takes Amanda easilly an hour and a half to get ready everyday. The burdens of child rearing and running a household are just incredible. As men we take so much for granted. I have taken over a good deal of the daily household stuff from my wife and it really is damn impossible to keep up. I don't know how she did it with my limited help for so long. And thats just one aspect. So while I enjoy dressing as a women and trying to be the best I can be, I think I will stay a man.

of course if I could do it for just a week or two

I think there are two questions here. The first is, would you become a woman now if you could, the second is would you have preferred to be born a woman. Very different questions. The second one is where you get into the PMS, child-bearing etc. For the first, you can take all of this off the table, because becoming a woman at this point would not involve any of this.

Since I can't go back and change history, I am going to go with question 1. Would I want to become a woman now. I have given this a lot of thought and my house mate, Melissa, and I have talked about it quite a bit over the past couple of months. I don't cross dress for the clothes. Don't get me wrong, I love the clothes, but that is not the main reason. The main reason is because I feel more natural as Jackie than I do as Gord. Being feminine is not something I turn off when I dress in male mode. Sure, I suppress some of it, but my way of thinking and my view of the world is more Jackie than anything else. There is nothing I do as a male that I couldn't do as a female, that I want to do. All that being said, I have to think about who would be affected by my transition. Certainly, my daughter, my parents and siblings would be. Could they adjust, maybe. Do I want to put them through that, I am not sure. The longest I have spent totally en femme is 4 days. I felt completely comfortable and never once wished I could be back in male mode. So, I know I could do it. I don't think I ever will, though. I intend to become more feminine, I am even thinking of hormones. Hair removal started last year and there are a few other things I would like to do, but the idea of surgery gives me the willies.

Will I live 24/7 as a female, probably, will I become a woman, no, but not because I love being a man, but because I don't hate being one.