Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How girlie is your hairstyle?

Jessica J. Vega

Arrow How girlie is your hairstyle?

I was wondering how many of you felt the irresistible urge to get a girlie haircut, or dye it of a different color. And if you did, what excuses did you come with while in drab mode?
    My Pics >>>
    [SIZE="3"]www.flickr.com/photos/jessicavega[/SIZE]

I'm currently growing mine out so i can have a girly haircut! I also plan on dying and curling it to look just my wig! We'll see how it goes......

I've been dying my hair since I was a teenager... I went grey at 18, so it was either look 40 or dye it. It's long as well... I even had it long when I bothered with drab.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I shave my sideburns up to the top of my ear, but grow the hair from my head back down to where my sideburns used to go. In fem mode I can put it behind the ear or let it frizz and hang down. Makes my wig look that much better! I also usually have my salt n'pepper hair dyed an auburn/reddish color to help it blend with the wig better (it also makes me look younger in boy mode!).

People joke about the hair dye sometime. I just laugh along with them (i'm laughing at a different joke! LOL)
    Sally

My hair isnt very girlie at the moment, but Im currently thinking about what hairstyle I would like.

Right now at the longest part , its sitting on my shoulders, hopfully by summer time when it has more length, I can go to a salon and get somthing done to it.
    Thinking of getting some choppy layers put in,
    but I Still want it to have that "Metal" look for when Im in guy mode .

Jessica J. Vega
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    I've been dying my hair since I was a teenager... I went grey at 18, so it was either look 40 or dye it.
    The same thing happened to me!
    My Pics >>>

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    About as girly as Demi Moore was in that movie that she was a Marine!
    Drumming, My other hobby

Jessica J. Vega
    I dye it red though, with some highlights. This is the way it looks now.
    Last edited by dianarg; 05-16-2010 at 01:54 AM.
    My Pics >>>

My wife dyed my hair last summer and I gave no excuses to anyone I don't need to answeer to no one. I even got my ears pierced why I wanted them pierced
    Angie

Mine's colored blond and kinda girlie, I guess. Goes great with my fem-drab look. Jeans, earrings, high-heeled boots or classy flats. It's my thing. Hey, I'm just glad to HAVE hair.

Hugs

Gen

Hair...what hair?

I only wish mine was girly. I am growing it out right now, but it'll still be pretty short in terms of women's hairstyles. At least I'll be able to mess with it and make it look good instead of using my wig! Luckily, my color of red hair isn't very common in guys, and where it does show up, guys usually keep it short, because it draws attention.

And, while I'm not an attention *****, the ladies usually love playing with my hair when its longer, so its a win-win for me in the end!
    Last edited by NYsong; 01-10-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Misspelling, and that word isnt really that bad....
    *Lila*

Silver Member
    Last year, on a bet, I grew my natual curly hair down to the bottom of my ears. When I went to my hairstylist to get it trimmed, he was amazed at how full and long it was. Looking through hair magazines, he suggested I would look good in a fuller shorter "bob" style which I agreed. If my hair is spiked out, it's guy looking. When I air dry, the natual curls appear and adding some styling gel, the look becomes very fem. Both styles are very easy to take care of.

Chari

is long hair fem?

My hair is just above my belt and has been there for about 15 years or so. So as far as a fem hair style goes, there are only so many braids you can do with hair this long. A French braid is about as fem as it gets and it really doesn't look THAT fem on me.

Jenn

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Just like in my pic, but 2" longer now. I may get it trimmed once it gets hot again.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Well i,m lucky that i still have all my hair on top so i,ve been growing it out so that instead of a wig i can use a clip on extension when i want real long and girlie hair.Wigs are so umcomfortable.

Mine doesn't have much 'style'... it is just long. I don't do anything to it other than pull it back into a ponytail unless I'm dressing and going out. If so, I use a curling iron on it.

What I would LIKE to do would be to get a perm with big curls. That way, when going out all I'd have to do would be to let it out of the ponytail and shake it out... and in the ponytail it would still look nice since it would have more body and some character instead of just being straight and frizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    A French braid is about as fem as it gets and it really doesn't look THAT fem on me.
    My wife has braided mine a few times. I think it looks nice. I can NOT for the life of me manage to braid it myself. Any time I try I just end up frustrated. If I could braid it myself, I might end up doing it on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Cristi; 01-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I colored my hair the other day in an ash blonde shade.My hair normally is a dark brown color .The ash blonde color llightened it with blonde highlights in it .My hair looks good like it is now but would like it totally blonde and have my hair longer .I can do this now since I am not working at the moment.I hope to grow it where it touches my back ,so I can put in a pony tail .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Fancy Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    Mine too

The movie with Demi Moore is "GI Jane". A tough look, not one I would aspire to.

My hair is a short masculine cut and style. Can't femininize it in any way. I wear a wig when dressed but it really flattens out my natural hair and I really have to fix it once I take my wig off.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_cd View Post
    Hair...what hair?
    Sonia, you took the words right out of my mouth!!
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

my hair is sitting on my shoulder for a while. it been in male mold for a while untill octerber of last year when i started to straighten it and now it girly everyday and i l just love it. no one a made any comment beside it looks good. even at work. I lover in a autoshop full of guys too. i do want to perice my ear though.
    MISTY

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneva Lake View Post
    Hey, I'm just glad to HAVE hair.
    Unfortunately, I know the feeling! <sigh>

I'm trying to let mine grow so that it can look somewhat girly but still be combed back enough for drab too. Not an easy task, especially when one doesn't have enough hair!

Oh, what the heck, I like it, and that's what's important!

Patti

When it comes to girlie hair styles, I have two choices -- wig one or wig two.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I have never dyed my hair, and my hair gets totally uncontrollable when it gets even a little long, so I keep it cut pretty short. So no femme cut for me.