Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we more vain "en femme"?

Are we more vain "en femme"?

Is any one else like this? When i,m in drab i hardly ever look in the mirror, but when i,m "en femme" i look in the mirror constantly, preening and admiring myself. Also when dressing in drab i just grab the nearest clothes to hand whereas it can take me anything up to an hour to select my femme outfit [matching underwear, shoes, etc]. I spend ages trying to get my makeup "just so" and will happily spend all evening just experimenting with differant ideas. It seems in "he" mode i,m not too bothered about how i look, while "en femme" it becomes very important to me. Are our female sides vainer than our male sides or is it just me?

Definitely!

I'm at home most of the time, and it's jeans and whatever shirt I happen to grab. Even when I worked in an office as a male, I took no pains to dress any nicer than what was required.

But the one day a week I volunteer as Kay, appearance is everything. I can't say that it takes a long time to pick out the clothes, because I figure that out a couple of days in advance. Hair and makeup, of course, require much more attention. I think it's become a matter of meeting a standard set by the other women in the workplace. Where I work - even though there's no interaction with the public - they all look pretty nice.

http://anotherself.blogstream.com
    Author of Being Kay / A Transgender Journey

Very much so I did a thread on this some time ago I said I thought I was becoming a real girl It tuck me so long to makeup my mind as what to wear enfemm where as it tuck about hothing to think of what to wear in drab.
    Angie

I dont much care what I wear en drab, just anything in the closet. But given the opportunity to dress en femme, I will spend whatever time it takes to achieve the look I want. My photo album is evidence. a zillion en femme photos, zero en drab.

I am certainly the vainest of the vain. When dressed I am constantly checking myself in the mirror, taking pictures, sharing them with friends, posting them on these sites and hoping for compliments. I suspect I'm not alone in that as girl's shopping areas seem to have far more mirrors than they need

Mitch

Damn Skippy I am!

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Is any one else like this? When i,m in drab i hardly ever look in the mirror, but when i,m "en femme" i look in the mirror constantly, preening and admiring myself. Also when dressing in drab i just grab the nearest clothes to hand whereas it can take me anything up to an hour to select my femme outfit [matching underwear, shoes, etc]. I spend ages trying to get my makeup "just so" and will happily spend all evening just experimenting with differant ideas. It seems in "he" mode i,m not too bothered about how i look, while "en femme" it becomes very important to me. Are our female sides vainer than our male sides or is it just me?
    Damn Skippy I am! Boy mode I'm not terribly fussy. Girl mode, I care what I look like. :-) Of all of it, I think this trait is what my wife hates the most. It pisses her off that I really am not too concerned with my boy wardrobe.

I wouldn't say that I am more vain when "en femme", but that I am awfully sloppy when in drab...

When preparing to be "en femme" I do take a lot more efforts to look good than when dressing in my male clothes...

As a reslt, I shop for male clothes in 5 minutes and can spend hours shopping for wome clothes...

Eugenie

No I'm just vain to the core
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Absolutely.

I could care less as a man, I'm constantly checking myself on the mirror when dressed.
    Michelle

Hmm..Guess it,s not just me then

What me Vain Hell YES
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This may sound like pseudo psycho blab, but I read that for crossdressers, frequently, the object of their affection is themselves. This may be due to the fact for many that they are 'in the closet' and nobody would appreciate their 'feminine presentation' to be blunt. I confess that when crossdressing held an erotic grip on me (age and anti-androgen pills change that!) it was a somewhat 'narcissistic' attraction. It wasn't that I was in love with me, personally, just the dressed up object of my admiration. When women stopped wearing the clothes that turned me on--pretty lingerie, hose, dresses- I found that getting dressed up in a pretty shirtwaist dress,heels, was very mentally and physically satisfying. long answer like most of mine. best regards, helenr

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Two Hell yes's here MJ. Imagine a Cd without a mirror? Its like a horse without a tail.
    Joke for the day
    How do you descretely kill a CD?
    Answer: throw his mirror in the bottom of the pool.
    Last edited by Megan70; 01-12-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Definitly vain enfemme.

Every thing has to be just right, especially if I was going out. In Drab, nowadays I don't really care what I were, thou my wife makes sure I'm not trashy looking. When I was single I use to care more how I looked in drab mode, but then I rarely was in guy mode except to go to work.
    Striving for acceptance.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    This may sound like pseudo psycho blab, but I read that for crossdressers, frequently, the object of their affection is themselves. This may be due to the fact for many that they are 'in the closet' and nobody would appreciate their 'feminine presentation' to be blunt. I confess that when crossdressing held an erotic grip on me (age and anti-androgen pills change that!) it was a somewhat 'narcissistic' attraction. It wasn't that I was in love with me, personally, just the dressed up object of my admiration. When women stopped wearing the clothes that turned me on--pretty lingerie, hose, dresses- I found that getting dressed up in a pretty shirtwaist dress,heels, was very mentally and physically satisfying. long answer like most of mine. best regards, helenr
    Right On the money Helen, long answer very well said. We CD's create our own love objects; ourselves.
    There is probably no more narcissistic people than us, and I'm not ashamed of that fact. I totally agree with Helen that i was raised in the 50's and 60's before that womans lib crap and "let's be comfortable" clothes mantra, and I always envied the pretty ways young girls to stately older woman dressed in dresses , coiffured hair(bouffant), stockings heels, the clean "Lawrence Welk Girls" look, so i created my own image to duplicate that. I love looking feminine but WHY is it that it seems that only male CD's are dressing that way anymore. Shouldn't it revert back to the other gender.

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    Ahh, so i fancy myself when dressed up Oh well someone has too

Absolutely !! i costantly look and check my appearance , in man mode i bet i look about once a day if that!
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post
    I wouldn't say that I am more vain when "en femme", but that I am awfully sloppy when in drab...

When preparing to be "en femme" I do take a lot more efforts to look good than when dressing in my male clothes...

As a result, I shop for male clothes in 5 minutes and can spend hours shopping for wome clothes...

Eugenie
    My thoughts too.
    I could care less what my drab mode looks like, as long as he doesn't stink.
    I do look in the mirror a lot more when as Erin
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Me? I hate what I look like in boy mode. I am pretty happy with my fem mirror. So heck yes, I am a lot more vain in girl mode.

Yes, I am vain en femme. But up until the last five years I was very vain en homme, too. I spent a lot of time in the gym working out and flexing my muscles in the mirror. I was always dressed to perfection and was constantly checking my reflection in glass and mirrors to make sure no hair was out of place.

I enjoyed it when strange women would come up to me to tell me I looked like some movie star (usually Kevin Costner) and I even got an ego boost when gay guys would ogle me when I was shopping down in Palm Springs. It got bad enough that the guys I worked with nicknamed me "Hollywood." I still hear that every now and then.

Now I'm old and ugly. I've got an extra 10#s or so around the middle. I wear raggedy old jeans, t-shirts and an old straw cowboy hat when en homme. But, I think that now that I'm less vain en homme, I like to get en femme more often. I'm still very vain in girl mode.

Smile

Oh Yes, Deborah jane, I must agree with the previous posts. Even more so for us fetish girls!!! When I dress up, I want to look just right, even though no one will see me!!! Except my SO, once in a while. It usually takes me a hour or so to get ready, so most of my cding is on the weekends. Great thread!!! Nice to know that a lot of other girls feel the same way!!!!!

But, OF COURSE! Isn't that the purpose of CDing?
    Hugs, Carole

Time

When I have to dress drab it takes me about 2 minutes but when I am dressing as Lisa....1-2 hours picking out clothes, another 1-2 trying things on, another 1-2 hours getting things just right, another hour looking at myself in the mirror, but oooooh it always feels so great in the end.
    ....Lisa
    ...LISA

Nah, I think I'm more vain as Rich. He has a fit if his suit is wrinkled or his tie is crooked. Sal is more of an "in your face"type of gal who doesn't primp a lot and is more interested in going out to have a good time. Besides, who's going to tell a gal smoking a cigar she's not dressed right? What can I say? Sgt. Fury was one of my favorite comics and Nick was one of my role models.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As a guy, If going out of the house, I make sure that I am showered and shaved, my clothing (outfit) for the day is coordinated and matched in style and color hue, ie brown belt-brown shoes. My clothing is always laundered and pressed properly. Asside from my monthly pedicure and bi-weekly manicure, I get a monthly anti-aging facial, a monthly body massage, and I get my hair colored professionally every 6 weeks.

Vain--No. I just like to take care of my self. I do the same attention to detail when en femme.

Tom