Thread: Blurring the gender boundaries!!!!

Blurring the gender boundaries!!!!

Well to blur the gender boundaries. I have done that and so well that I have lost the love of my life to some bitch who played on her ideas of what is and isn't a lesbian relationship! Now I'm out and admitting to this blurring of gender norms my life is becoming a pain but hey I will adapt never one to put my head in the sand over things. It has caused some confusion recently about attraction to gay men but that is sorted yeah I find them attractive but I don't want sex with them no way! I love their feminine nature they are beautiful people and my best friends are gay and like my family, they have looked after me this festive season more than I could ever have wished for. I came out to them as myself Felix and asked them to call me this from now on. They accept me for who I am and they know where I stand. They accept my difference So here I am 2008 and dealing with my difference in the best way I can I don't wish to label or box myself although society wishes I would. That is so they,ppl don't have to think outside the boxes, gay, straight, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, gender queer, whatever the label. People like me make it difficult for others cos we don't fit here or there we are quite individual I suppose different by mere fact that we don't fit anywhere. Lol Missfits I like that!! Although another term ppl who are ignorant would like to use is freaks!!! So forward and onward in my quest for acceptance and building of bridges, although some will never be built xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Felix! I think you are quite the guy. I have lost a couple of important people in 2007 because of coming to be the me I was meant to be. It hurt but sometimes life has to change and relationships have to end for us to ultimately be happy. That was a hard lesson for me to learn. Anyway, you are being true to yourself and that is an awesome thing to be. And I will agree with you that gay men make awesome friends. Some of my very best friends are gay guys.

Hi Taylor my friend it's great to hear from you and thanx for all the support you have given me through these last few months. I hope you are keeping well my friend I often see you on line so if ya wanna chat to me then feel free xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Hi Felix , just had to reply to this , sorry about your relationship breaking down ,think most of us know how bad that hurts ,but time does heal ( just about!) i really hope 2008 turns out very well for you my friend xxx
    Last edited by charllote34; 01-12-2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Hi Felix!

I think people who are themselves first before 'being' anything else are the most cool, fascinating people in the universe.

After all, we are super complex souls and it really doesn't do us justice to cram ourselves into little boxes. It makes people feel safe and not having to think so that's why they like to do it, but give me a complex, changing, creative, thinking person who is just themselves any day.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I think the last thing anyone should try to do is "fit in" you have to be your self, and i think when you start to let go of what you think should be it becomes not so much as a blurring of boundaries but more like realising that there are no boundaries.

joanne

Rirht on Felix my friend. As far as blurring the boundries, I excel at that. I just hate it when anyone tells me I can't do something or have to act a certain way. I can only be myself. You are my kinda person my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Well to blur the gender boundaries. I have done that and so well that I have lost the love of my life to some bitch who played on her ideas of what is and isn't a lesbian relationship!
    I felt the sting of a relationship breakdown because of who I am and what others said I should be, as I am sure most of us have. However even though it didn't feel like it at the time, it was possibly the best thing that happened to me. Hey if I was still with my gf I would never have met Daniel..... Everything works out in the end.

It has caused some confusion recently about attraction to gay men but that is sorted yeah I find them attractive but I don't want sex with them no way! .... *snip a bit* .... I came out to them as myself Felix and asked them to call me this from now on. They accept me for who I am and they know where I stand.
    As children we are taught about the binaries, man-woman, gay-straight, black-white, good-bad. When we begin to see that the one of the binaries isn't the truth, we also begin to question the other binaries. This is natural! This is good!

People who are generally outside of the 'norms' are usually more accepting of others that are outside the norms as well. I find that a lot within the goth community. They accept both myself as trans, and my 20yo daughter who is also active in the goth scene, as just another person who's father just happens to be a woman! In short I think if they know what it is like to be ostracised because they are different, then they are less likely to ostracise others.

Missfits I like that!! Although another term ppl who are ignorant would like to use is freaks!!! So forward and onward in my quest for acceptance and building of bridges, although some will never be built xx Felix
    Scratch the surface of the most normal person you can think of and underneath there is a freak waiting to get out! I actually like the word freak, it sets me apart from the norms and shows that I think for myself and don't follow the heard. I am me. I am a freak. I love being me. I love being a freak!

Forward, my dear Felix, is the only way to go.....

Cathii
    [SIZE="1"]* I use the words trans-people / trans / trans community as interchangeable terms all meaning the same thing... CD's, TV's, drag queens, drag kings, transsexuals (MtF, FtM, post-op, pre-op), those that identify as gender queer, and those that don't identify as anything in particular... I just can't be bothered typing that out _all_ the time... [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Taylor my friend it's great to hear from you and thanx for all the support you have given me through these last few months. I hope you are keeping well my friend I often see you on line so if ya wanna chat to me then feel free xx Felix
    Yeah sometimes it says I'm on but I normally am not at my computer when it says I am. But if I see ya when I'm on I will hit you up on im.