Thread: Your Dressing Phase

Your Dressing Phase

Is anyone else like me? My dressing 'cycle' seems to be quite predictable these days. I'll usually dress and date as a gal for about 30-45 days, then the urge dies down for a good 4-5 months.

During the downtime, when I look at pics of me dressed, it seems somewhat foreign to me. I enjoy dressing and I'm not the least bit repulsed by it. But it's interesting how my frame of mind can be so different just a few months apart.
    Last edited by Kaylene; 01-13-2008 at 08:26 PM.

I dress constantly, in the privacy of my home. I go to work in men's clothes, some nice lingerie underneath if it will pass unnoticed, but otherwise, after I get back home, it's my skirts, blouses or dresses. I can't imagine sleeping in anything else then nightgowns any more.

There are ups and downs in my x-dressing urges, but the downs don't last for very long.

However I feel more an more "femme", even when I'm not dressed "en femme"... Which helps reduce the urge when I can't dress...

Eugenie

Aspiring Member
    It goes up and down for me too... but that's maybe one of the positives about it. If I had no choice in the matter, life would be boring, frustrating, dull, narrow...

A lot of times I think about the "complaints" of my wife about having to wear pantyhose and a bra etc... I usually say that I wish I could wear those things more... but on those days I don't feel like it, I don't have to... she still does.

I am aways dressed when I am home. When I leave, usually the only thing that I wear that is male is a shirt and shoes.
    I don't think that my dressing qualifies as a cycle.

I always feel better when Dressed as a female!!!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I've bee dressing almost 5dat a week for going on 3 years and the urge has not gone down a bit hun :hugs
    Angie

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylene View Post
    Is anyone else like me? My dressing 'cycle' seems to be quite predictable these days. I'll usually dress and date as a gal for about 30-45 days, then the urge dies down for a good 4-5 months.

During the downtime, when I look at pics of me dressed, it seems somewhat foreign to me. I enjoy dressing and I'm not the least bit repulsed by it. But it's interesting how my frame of mind can be so different just a few months apart.
    I spend every waking moment in some kind of womens clothes, when I get home at night , its on with the skirt, on my days off, I am Jennifer all day...God I love the smell of Poeme perfume in the morning....

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit

Dressing Season

Somewhere or another I saw the term dressing season and that applies to me.

Once the weather gets cool, we're not going swimming on a daily basis or I am out coaching a youth sports team do I even think about it. In order to get in the mood, must get smooth and in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylene View Post

You must still be a rookie Kaylene, I dress anytime, all the time. Jill

I'm not quite a rookie. I don't think dressing has to evolve into full-out, full-time dressing 24/7/365 to be considered a 'pro'.

I like the seasonal label the other person mentioned.

Hi,I would say my dressing runs in cycles but it is never the same.sometimes I will dress for a few months,then not,almost a year once but it is not predictable.I have been dressing this way for 25 yrs and don't see it ever changing.
    jenny

Thats interesting

My dressing period is still erratic, i'll say you are really lucky.
    I cant predict it i wish i can that'll be kool.

I definitely have seasonal variations in CDing. When the weather is such that I can open the windows, I don't dress as much. I am still in the closet and I wouldn't want a neighbor to spot me thru an open window. I live in a townhome community, so there is not a whole lot of privacy except in winter when everyone is pretty snug in their nests. And besides, when the weather is nice, I want to be out, too.

Smile

I dress when i can i love the way a dress or a skirt with hose on looks and feels on me i also love to wear a bra not like my wife that says you wear a bra all day and see how you like it. I say to my self I wish i could I just love it.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Usually, I dress about every 2 or 3 weeks either on a Saturday, or a holliday when I will not be disturbed. I am an "escapist" CD who needs to get away from my true male self every now and then, if only for a few hours.

I do NOT go out as I concider CD a "private" thing I do, that is no one's business but my own. I usually pass the time experimenting with different clothing and makeup and taking photos of myself. Its a challenge to see how many "characters" or "personas" I can create and document with photos.

CD seems to be like a kind of stress releiving drug to me. I get "antsy" if I stay away from dressing too long. I need my CD "fix" and that will last about 2 to 3 weeks, before I need to dress again.

My dressing phase is about 4 days a month. When I am not dressing I am not driven by the urge to dress, because I know my 3-4 days are just a business trip and a certain time away.

Androgenius
    My cycle is usually 2-3 weeks on, 2-3 weeks off. Consequently, I think it has a lot to do with how much leisure time is available to me. I'm a full-time student and I work two jobs, not to mention am involved in numerous other projects, so this is becoming rarer and rarer. The worst is when I really want to dress and literally don't have the time.

It's interesting to hear the "dressing season" concept being discussed, as it appears to be pretty common. Maybe it qualifies a certain "type" of CD, although psychology is never quite that tidy. Would be interesting to see if there has been any research on the topic.

I found that as you get older you dress more, Use to have a cycle, but no longer.
    Janice Ailene: