Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the Emergency Room

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    I don't know anybody who has died from wearing women's clothes or painting their toenails.

Jill
    Unless they were painting they're toe nail whilst driving

Some people are so judgemental about something that has nothing to do with them. Being differnt doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
    Striving for acceptance.

Aspiring Member
    so sorry mom, ididnt have on clean underwear, but i sure looked stunning in my red nails. the girls at the er said .oh yeah the nurse told me thank you for shaving my leg for her, it saved a little time for her. with a wink she was gone.

Aspiring Model/Actress Jennifer Lynndon's Avatar
    If you have an opportunity to talk to him in definite privacy, you might want to provide some support.
    Think about it.
    If you were definitely outed, and were laying there thinking about it, and someone came to you and offered some nice words of support, I'd bet you'd really appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone for your compliments. My wife decided I needed a new hair style after a little old lady said something to me in line at WalMart about passing a bit better if I had a better wig.

In addition, I have been in the medical field for more then 40 years. I know all about the kind of fines that can be imposed by violating HIPAA regulations.

I don't believe I have violated any.

I'm just trying to say that because of those same rules, you don't need to worry too much about going to the ER while not in Drab. That it doesn't bother the majority of the medical folks and those that it does bother will get over it eventually.

Banned Read only
    funny but true story.. I once had a girlfriend who came over. She had noticed I had watermelon in the fridge, asked if she could have some. Sure I said, at that moment the watermelon fell and broke her big toe. 6hrs at the hospital, all the dr's laughed.

[QUOTE=Krystenw;1158149]Thanks to everyone for your compliments. My wife decided I needed a new hair style after a little old lady said something to me in line at WalMart about passing a bit better if I had a better wig.

I second the compliment Krysten. it makes you look younger.

I have been admitted twice in the ER and I was so sick, I didn't care who saw my under ware. I'm sure the nurses have seen about every thing.

Dear heart, I love your story and I feel that telling us about it can help should we have to visit the er/hosp.

Thanks and you look WONDERFUL xxx

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Had an experience myself at ER. Was admitted to for an ECG had to remove my t'shirt to fit the electrodes. The shaved boobs and nipple rings must really have been a sight. One of the paramedics present even knows me (but has said nothing about it). Luckily no underdressing at the time. I could see the expressions on the nurses faces (a real Kodak moment) but nothing was said.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would think the crazy places people get pierced would be a bit more shocking than a shaved guy or a guy in panties. The people that we all fear making derogatory comments probably do the same for people dressed in goth styles, heavy piercings, purple hair, etc... It goes for anything that is out of "their" ordinary. Ignore it and be yourself. Let them be miserable conforming to some "normal" they restrict themselves to.

I am getting really bold now everywhere but work. I wear heels almost all the time, even in guy mode (except work) and am typing this in 5" stiletto boots, pink panties, green plaid flair skirt, sweater top, bra and black wig. I didn't take the time to do makeup as I am not going out. Just waiting for the wife to get home.

CJ

Thank you, Krysten, for your account of this event and for sharing your new pic on your avatar. You look great!
    I have worried that I will have an emergency some time when I'm out en femme, but I worry much less after reading these responses.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Krystenw View Post
    I told her to look it up in her nursing books under obsessive compulsive disorder. And then I told her at least it wasn't killing him like her smoking was killing her.
    I'm not so sure I agree with your first comment about the OCD, but I fully agree with the second comment. In fact, I would have taken it a bit further - 'at least it wasn't hurting anyone else, like her smoking was to others around her.'

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    I don't know anybody who has died from wearing women's clothes or painting their toenails.

Jill
    good point!

smoking sucks, esp for folks like me who are alergic to the smoke and can't go half the places in public I'd like to go, just because it causes an ashma attack to be in the same room with someone who has smoke smell on their breath or clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by EelKat View Post
    good point!

smoking sucks, esp for folks like me who are alergic to the smoke and can't go half the places in public I'd like to go, just because it causes an ashma attack to be in the same room with someone who has smoke smell on their breath or clothes.
    I had that same problem, until this: http://www.startribune.com/local/11606746.html so things are getting better, but so far, the bars still smell like smoke. I am very sensitive to it. So I just stay at home. It makes it rather hard to meet potential girlfriends. Also, they CANT be smokers, it makes it too hard to kiss them......

AND Kidneystones are the worst! But the hospital staff did not comment on my pantyhose!!!!
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

It would have made me frustrated seeing that and not being able to say anything. Too bad you couldn't make contact with him.

A very rare happening

Since I live a long ways from nowhere, we don't often see folks after we ship them from our facility. Then because of all the federal regulations we seldom hear how they end up.
    The wife sent a letter to the administrator telling him how happy they were with the service they received when her husband was brought into the ER.
    She mentioned several folks by name and the CEO came around and thanked us all for the work we were doing.
    It's amazing what a warm blanket can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystenw View Post
    . . . It's amazing what a warm blanket can do.
    It's even more amazing what a kind person can do. Good job sis!

I'm very surprised at that nurse. I can't believe someone in the medical profession would judge a patient like that. I've had friends who went in much weirder situations than shaved legs and painted toenails. Lots of athletes shave their legs, anyway!

I hope if the medical profession really is that close-minded I can help change things once I get there.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Health care "Professionals" {Oxtmoron}

They are just as bigoted as the general population.

My red fingernails create a bit of a stir among the nurses and
    doctors, but after reading Lacy Leigh's books, Let 'em look!

I'm sure they do many things I don't approve of.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hi all,
    As a health professional in charge of HIPPA for my office, I can say that as far as I can see, there has not been a violation here on the message forum. You can't link the story to any one person. No personal helath information was divulged, their anonymity has been preserved.
    That being said. I think the incident is interesting, since it had nothing to do with why they were at the hospital! It also shows that there are some truly caring people out there, along with the traditional set of complete fools!!
    Huggs to all,
    Lisa Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    I have several close friends who work in the hospital and say that they see it all every day! Painted toes or a bra are really no big deal to them. I've been told that the patients are generally very worried out being 'outed' by their hospital visit but that in reality unless your neighbor is the classless nurse then you're probably more worried than necessary. Not to say that you won't be outed but I think it is more rare of an occurance than we fear.
    I can identify with this fear. I had my nails painted a beautiful metallic purple since the end of october (that's when i stop wearing sandles for the winter). I had an appointment for a physical coming up a couple of weeks ago and kept telling myself, "oh, they are professionals in very tolerant area of the city." Told myself that right up till the day of my appointment... the guess what.
    I freaked cause I was out of nail polish remover and scraped and scraped.
    Funniest part is... the doctor turned out to be quite nice, gay, and I swear I could see the imprint lines of lace on the but of his pants from lace panties.
    Irony eh?