Thread: I "came out"

I "came out"

I have been with a girl a good chunk of my life, we recently went through a bad time and are reconciling. We have been working really hard to undo a lot of the trust issues we have experienced, and I know a big part of that is the fact she feels im hiding something. Honestly she probably always thought I was cheating on her, but i was so scared of what she would feel about me I thought that was better than the truth.

Long story short, last night we were cuddling and talking about secrets and things and I finally just came out with it. I thought best case she would be like "that's silly, tee hee." and just kind of ignore me. To my shock and surprise she's actually kind of intrigued by it and we worked out a compromise where she is going to help me along for our mutual enjoyment. It's so exciting, I had no idea about her interests and neither did she, even after all the time we've been together.

I can't say what's right in your relationships, but it feels so good to have the weight of the sneaking and hiding off of my shoulders!

thats great

just remember to take it at her pace.

Androgenius
    That's wonderful! You're a lucky lady...
    Athena

Quote Originally Posted by staxscd View Post
    just remember to take it at her pace.
    I would have been totally comfortable not making it a part of our life at all, or even doing away with it if it made her happy, but the fact that she is interested is an utter surprise. Like I say, the big part of this is that I've never told anyone ever in my whole life, and for her to not be shocked and upset was terribly validating that im not abnormal...

Awesome. That is so great.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Gold Member
    It's a good start and keep the door open to more talking, some thing I failed at doing.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Congratulations. I know exactly how you feel, since I recently went through the coming out process with my parents primarily to stop sneaking around an finally have the freedom to be me at home. I'm also lucky to have a girlfriend who not only knows, she LOVES me and my CD friends. She's been coming to our SISTERS meet-ups and is very inquisitive about us and what we do--very open minded. She'll even have fun playing the "gentleman" such as opening doors for me and helping me put on coat. She'll be like "let me get that for you my dear", and it's such a wonderful feeling.

I hope your relationship goes as well as mine is. Being honest with your loved one is a big part of being honest with yourself.

Again congratulations and best wishes.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

We are all so proud of you!

good for you . remember to take it at her pace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just here to make freinds
    WOW - we will - of course, need an update ; )
    Really enjoying this!!!

Man in a dress
    Your post echoes partly what happend between my wife and I.
    We were going through a very rough patch, one of many.
    Then we decided to make a go of it. Soon after my wife decided that she would experiment with my crossdressing. It wasn't a secret, she knew of my desires for many years.

She was shocked to find out that she actually enjoyed dressing me up.

There were a million questions, the same questions that have been asked and answered a thousand times. The biggest one was how far do I want to go?

I explained that my goal was fully dressed including underwear.
    She was fine with this, but had issues with shoes, make up and accessories.
    I explained that shoes were important, but the others were something I could manage without. She was fine with this and even said that we might be able to work on the two areas she was unhappy with. I also explained that I would like her to do a make over on me one day, just to see what the outcome was. Her answer was one day, but she's not sure if and when it will happen. It's not ruled out.

I'm not pushing, I have more than I could have hoped for. Only a few months ago my wife was totally against my crossdressing.

So experiment, keep a feel out for your partner's mood, if you feel it's a good time suggest something, but nothing too big.
    Little steps, open talks, lots of cuddles. At all times make your partner feel very special.
    If your crossdressing can be shown to have a positive impact on your relationship, then it's all the easier to progress along to your goal.

Good luck.

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

...because I can!
    Paradise City...where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    It's a good start...real good.
    Telling her takes some of that strain off your relationship.
    When I told my wife she was very supportive and open minded.It could have gone ugly like alot of CDs expierence.
    You took a chance telling her...that took some guts from you to do that.
    You sound like you have a fine lady there...be gentle...explore and give love.

Krystyn

Good for you. Just remember that she may have good days and some bad days with your CDing. Go at her pace.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Expect questions and maybe some ups and downs, but as the girls have already said take it at her pace and be as honest as you can with her.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Awesome....remember she can log on and post here if she is ready too.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I'd say that lady should get some flowers
    Angie

Sounds good Hon but just tread lightly. Women have a habit of doing a 180 on this when it's least expected.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by cyle_elise View Post
    it feels so good to have the weight of the sneaking and hiding off of my shoulders!
    There's a lot of truth in the saying ... the truth will set you free!!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Congratulations!! I'm glad it went well for you.

Thumbs up New comer

I'm new this group but would like to reply to my first thread. I have also come out to my wife who accepts my desire to crossdress as long as it remains under cover of my male garb. I can live with this and enjoy not having to seek around. Thanks to all for the encouragement.

That's good news !!!!
    Just keep talking and move at her pace.