Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would you?

Gold Member
    My 11 yr old has not seen me fully dressed.
    I don't really plan on talking to him about it or showing him.

He knows I dress cause my wife bitches about it on a semi-regular basis.

Seems most of us with younger kids would not prefer their kids see it.

My son asksw me many questions but has never brought up Erin. I wouldn't know where to begin if he did, but I would not lie to him.

I don't imagine most kids would bring it up at school or with their friends cause they somehow know they would catch sh^t.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

nope

I would not do that.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

another no

No. Not ready for that.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Lightbulb

If I were a child, myself, I wonder how I would feel about Daddy Or Mommy crossdressing. It would all depend upon how I was raised with it. Society is so phobic about anything "outside the box". I would like to be able to stand up as a 4 year old, and say "To hell with society" (having hopefully learned to say that from a wonderful crossdressing grand dad.) Of course, I am a dreamer. It's all but impossible to find people who live so freely. Well, perhaps Naturists (nudists). What an ideal life. A family of crossdressing nudists. I want my own private village. I have no children, but if I did, I would probably educate them a little at a time, and teach them tolerance for people who are different.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

I have revealed myself to all my children and grandchildren too. The underlying problem with my wife was the years of hiding (lieing by omission) and in order to balance that I've decided not to hide anything from anyone that has an important role in my life. Besides if we (the whole tg community)are to educate john q public, what better place to start than with our own families.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

No. I would not expose my children to my dressing. Im pretty firm on that.

I'm surprised by all the absolute NO answers to this question. I have 2 kids, 7 and 8, 1 boy and 1 girl, and I crossdress in front of them once every month or so. We explained how important it is to keep within the family, and they have not violated that trust. If they did, well, I wouldn't deny it, but we don't have to share everything about our lives with others, do we? But they are old enough to understand not to say anything.

My dressing has not affected them in the least. My son is all boy and is not interested in following in my high heeled footsteps, and my girl likes to play tea party. I have explained to them that I am still their daddy, and I won't stop even when I'm pretending.

Perhaps someone has seen this and posted it before, but I just found it. It is a non-scientific academic paper on the impact of a father's crossdressing on his children. Might be mildly useful.

THE LIVED EXPERIENCES OF ADULT CHILDREN OF CROSSDRESSING
    FATHERS: A RETROSPECTIVE ACCOUNT
    by
    ALLISON M. J. REISBIG
    B.S., Emporia State University, 1999
    M.S., Kansas State University, 2002
    AN ABSTRACT OF A DISSERTATION
    submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree
    DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
    School of Family Studies and Human Services
    College of Human Ecology
    KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
    Manhattan, Kansas

http://krex.k-state.edu/dspace/bitst...eisbig2007.pdf

And just to follow up:

My kids saw "Stephanie" by accident, when my wife forgot to "phone home" first (!), although I had told them I liked to sometimes pretend to be a girl by dressing up. I didn't quite make it to my room before my daughter saw a glimpse of me.

When we sat down to talk to them about it, the ONLY problem they expressed having with it was that I wanted to dress secretly and NOT include THEM! (My wife dressed up in one of my suits and came into my son's bedroom for this talk with me! I LOVE that woman!).

They don't care about the dressing; when young, I think they understand it better anyway, and the sooner it is incorporated into their lives, the easier it is for them to live with it always and have it just be a "normal" part of their lives. Plus, it's a great way to teach them about acceptance of others regardless of their quirks, clothing, color of skin, gender, and other immutable, amoral characteristics.

I have taken great pains to tell them that while it is fun to dress up and pretend, men and women and boys and girls are different and often have different functions in life. There is a right time and place for everything (including playing dress up and pretending), and a wrong time for things as well. I try to show my son (and daughter) that a man is very important to his family by protecting and providing for them and leading them spiritually. We are teaching him to be a gentleman and respect women.

My wife and I take turns having "dates" with each of our kids to demonstrate how they should act in those situations. When I take my son to a football game, it's ok to act differently than he would would he goes with his mom to dinner. Same thing with my daughter. (This will hopefully serve them well in their later actual dating lives).

It's all about balance and acting approriately for a given situation. They know there are people who don't approve of what I do, too (which they don't like/agree with), but I tell them that that disapproval of others is more often attributable to ignorance and misunderstanding than to evil or malicious intent (but not always).

So I actually think it's a GREAT idea to tell your kids (in the 6-10 yr old age range) (assuming your spouse knows and accepts this and also agrees with you on this subject of telling your kids). You'll be surprised I think about how easy it is, how well they will react, and how much it will enrich your life.

Every few weeks my daughter asks me to "dress up," I can talk to her about clothes and makeup and jewelry with some understanding/authority (how many other dads can do that?), and I think it will increase our closeness when she is older as a result.

I always ask my wife and kids if it's ok w/them if I dress before I do so, so they will know I respect how they might happen to feelabout it at the moment. It's all about respecting and loving one another unconditionally.

Ironically, I think the disclosure about my crossdressing has helped in my relationship with my wife AND with my kids, and even more importantly, it has enriched my relationship with God now that I am no longer ashamed and guilt ridden about it and now accept it as a gift He gave me to use to glorify Him.

I would not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Marie View Post
    I have two young children, ages 7 and 9 , and I would not expose them to my dressing, they are too impressionable at this young age.
    In most circumstances, I agree with this. Some factors that might mitigate this are such things as how often and under what conditions you dress, what kind of relationship you have with your children, what your purposes for involving them are, etc.
    I did not dress in front of my children when they were that age; I still don't (except with my grown daughter) now that they are well established with their own lives, spouses, and children.
    warmly, Linnea

Hi linnea: kudos to you. The more they know the less they don"t know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i think it is kind of cool about Stephanie Scott and the relationship he has with his family. and good luck! from what ive seen at some point hopefully you will not regret that.

I have never dressed in front of my kids at the request of my wife.

I need to add myself to the list of people who draw a strict line at dressing in front of my kids. I may be more open when they are older, but with 2 kids under the age of 7 that is not something my wife and I want to expose them to now.

im not so much worried about my own children knowing as we have a very open household.....many gay and lesbian friends and so-forth, and i think in the back of their minds they know (ages 12 and 15), but i do not dress in front of them. i think it is unfair to subject them to "my desires" and "make them" see me dressed. if word got out to their schools who knows what they would be put thru and what the "bullies" would do. so untill they are older or out of school i kind of keep things between me and my wife (who knows and is supportive)

Only if I had been dressing out in the open when they were born. My kids are now 11, 13 and 20, all boys. I would be willing to bet that they know that I crossdress. But they will never see me dolled up if I can help it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

closeted in louisville

no

i could never do that infront of my kids not fair to them. but my wife is a differnet story

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Scott View Post
    And just to follow up:

My kids saw "Stephanie" by accident, when my wife forgot to "phone home" first (!), although I had told them I liked to sometimes pretend to be a girl by dressing up. I didn't quite make it to my room before my daughter saw a glimpse of me.

When we sat down to talk to them about it, the ONLY problem they expressed having with it was that I wanted to dress secretly and NOT include THEM! (My wife dressed up in one of my suits and came into my son's bedroom for this talk with me! I LOVE that woman!).

They don't care about the dressing; when young, I think they understand it better anyway, and the sooner it is incorporated into their lives, the easier it is for them to live with it always and have it just be a "normal" part of their lives. Plus, it's a great way to teach them about acceptance of others regardless of their quirks, clothing, color of skin, gender, and other immutable, amoral characteristics.

I have taken great pains to tell them that while it is fun to dress up and pretend, men and women and boys and girls are different and often have different functions in life. There is a right time and place for everything (including playing dress up and pretending), and a wrong time for things as well. I try to show my son (and daughter) that a man is very important to his family by protecting and providing for them and leading them spiritually. We are teaching him to be a gentleman and respect women.

My wife and I take turns having "dates" with each of our kids to demonstrate how they should act in those situations. When I take my son to a football game, it's ok to act differently than he would would he goes with his mom to dinner. Same thing with my daughter. (This will hopefully serve them well in their later actual dating lives).

It's all about balance and acting approriately for a given situation. They know there are people who don't approve of what I do, too (which they don't like/agree with), but I tell them that that disapproval of others is more often attributable to ignorance and misunderstanding than to evil or malicious intent (but not always).

So I actually think it's a GREAT idea to tell your kids (in the 6-10 yr old age range) (assuming your spouse knows and accepts this and also agrees with you on this subject of telling your kids). You'll be surprised I think about how easy it is, how well they will react, and how much it will enrich your life.

Every few weeks my daughter asks me to "dress up," I can talk to her about clothes and makeup and jewelry with some understanding/authority (how many other dads can do that?), and I think it will increase our closeness when she is older as a result.

I always ask my wife and kids if it's ok w/them if I dress before I do so, so they will know I respect how they might happen to feelabout it at the moment. It's all about respecting and loving one another unconditionally.

Ironically, I think the disclosure about my crossdressing has helped in my relationship with my wife AND with my kids, and even more importantly, it has enriched my relationship with God now that I am no longer ashamed and guilt ridden about it and now accept it as a gift He gave me to use to glorify Him.
    Thank you for putting it words that I couldnt. Because we live near Ithaca, NY, we are exposed to a bit more of the LGBT communty than most others are. My children have been to a few events with crossdressers. My oldest, 8, stated that a few people were just guys with a dress and wig. I told him that they were and that is how they choose to dress. He looks at me and says "just like you, right?". He understands and respects the chooses made.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post
    What an ideal life. A family of crossdressing nudists.
    I've been to a nudist camp a small number of times and liked it. I did not have any kind of general embarassment about being nude in front of other people. The hardest part was talking to the older ladies (over half the camp was senior citizens): the morals drilled in to me for so long made me feel like I was being rude to be naked in front of someone from my grandmother's generation!

If I had children, I hope that I would be courageous enough to take them to nudist camps. But the social forces that equate nudity in front of children with "take the children away for their own safety" kinds of perversion are very strong, and I don't know that I would be able to go against them, even though I do believe naturism to be a lot more emotionally healthy than "don't let children catch even a glimpse of nudity!!! but let them watch lots of casual violence."

Cross-dressing in front of children? Overall, I'd say "Yes". But if I had children and one of them somehow turned out to be somewhat closed minded even while quite young (and we must be realistic that sometimes intolerant kids come out of good homes), then I don't know what I would do. But if the kids were normally tolerant, I believe I would go ahead. On the other hand, I am "not there", this is all theory, and real families are complex... My opinion is that if you are willing to present homosexuality to your children as something to be tolerated, then presenting crossdressing as something to be tolerated is not a big step.

I'm in full appreciation of Stephanie Scott and her outlook on this subject.

It took me a long time to disclose my true feelings to my wife and I'd really like to tell my 10 yr old daughter. I learn't that I should have been honest from the start of our relationship. I'm sure she would be accepting however I'd worry about the position she might be in should other people find out. Having said that if she knew then she would be better prepared if others did find out.
    Adele. xxx

With society being what it is at times, I can see very much protecting children from nasty comments at school. All of us would hope to see the day when Timmy, age 6, goes to class, and says : "My dad got a new pair of yellow heels at Twombley's on sale". Caitlin replies : "So did MY DAD, and his are red".
    Children love play acting, and dressing up. I was sorry to "have to" grow out of it.(I am making up for lost time) I love watching children learn to play, and get along. I feel sorry for crossdressers who live in towns full of phobic people, and churches spouting "evil homo" "Monster Muslims" sermons,etc. Being able to escape to a larger city with loving/accepting Churches, and support groups must feel wonderful. No condemnation, no whispering. Makes a person feel complete. "Evil" is, as "Evil" does. The only things shameful about the Human Body would be neglect, or disrespecting it.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

I am not out to my own grown children. But i was at a dinner with about 15 cds and a few wives. The adult children and grand children didn't seem to have a problem with it.

My wife and I decided before our kids were born that my crossdressing would not be hidden from them. We did not want to encourage secrets in the house. So, our daughter and son grew up seeing me dressed from time to time. It was never a problem for them. They are now 32 and 28 years old and I am still just "Daddy", no matter how I am dressed.
    Phoebe

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i been dressing WAY b4 my son came along

i wear pantyhose everyday and he knows it,,when he was around 5 i asked him about my dressing and all he said was he didnt want to see me fully done up, but skirts and pantyhose wer ok,,hes 13 and all boy,,as for it getting out EVERYONE i know knows i dress so its not a secret and he has not told his mom that he let it slip to his friends in school,,that boy is way smart beyond his years its scarry how smart kids r now a days..

i should add the aspect of hiding things from those who we try to teach the positive aspects of being honest and telling the truth...................
    Last edited by obsessedwithpantyhose; 01-20-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Everyone has a different perspective on what is acceptable and what is honest. For myself I feel my kids have a mom and I should address them as their dad. Dressing is something special however it is also unquestionably not going to happen in front of our children. My wife and I didn't even have to discuss this. It's not a dirty or dishonest secret. We just feel it's not something they should see me do.

Crazy Lady
    I haven't yet and I may not, but the boys have seen my painted toes and fingernails. One is 11, the other 14, and the 14 shows signs of possibly being a CDer himself.

Dee