Thread: manicure/pedicure question

manicure/pedicure question

What is the proper amount to tip the person who gives you a manicure/pedicure?

I had my first manicure and pedicure today and LOVED it!! I'm now addicted - I will definitely be going back. The nail technician was a bit surprised when I asked for red nail polish rather than clear polish, but she was wonderful and very understanding. I gave her a 25% tip because I would rather have given too much than too little.

Thanks.

Depends if I'm en femme or not. In drab I tip 15% but en femme 20+%

I usually leave $10 for each, but I love my nail tech Otherwise, if you are happy with the service leave 15-25%.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I usually tip 20% rounded up. I go regularly every 2-3 weeks with the same tech. Besides the tip, I occassionally bring a small gift, such as fudge or other treat which I pick up in a great little candy-shop near my home.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Nail Tech does everything for me. Pedicure/manicure/fill/ polish/eyebrow wax. I always tip her 20%.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Tipping at the Nail Salon

I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks. One lady does my pedicure, and the shop owner does my manicure. The total bill is $38.00, and I always pay them $50.00. So I am tipping around 23%, I guess. For the service I get, it is well worth it. If I chip, or otherwise ruin a perfectly good nail, they repair it free of charge. Love my manicure/pedicure!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Sometimes more of a girl, but always a man underneath the satin and lace!

20% is a good number. I know I tip well, to insure I'm welcomed back and as stephanie says if I chip or break something I get a free fix. Always go back to the same tech. More fun that way. Over time you get to know them and they get to know and understand you and what you like.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

My nail tech "Tina" took a month off and went back to Vietnam to visit family and friends. She bought me back a soviener. It was a picture book of old Sagion which is now called "Hoici Ming City" (sp). I served in Vietnam back in the late 60's and looking thru the book brought back fond memoires. It was very nice of her to do it. She said I was one of her best and special customers.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I tip my manicurist $10.00.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

I wanted to thank everybody for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind when I go back in a few weeks.