Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explanations for shaved legs?

Hi Janie

Quote Originally Posted by janie2261 View Post
    As several people have pointed out, you don't need an excuse. Or...if you feel you really need one, use a silly or ambiguous one. I liked the one about ingrown hairs and the "my legs look better in a mini-skirt" one.

The short answer is that life is way too short to worry about what other people think. People walk around with all kinds of prejudices and beliefs, and we will make ourselves miserable if we try to conform to them. Or what we imagine them to be. Especially about something as innocuous as shaving your legs.

Go ahead and try and see how it goes. I'll bet you won't need an excuse.

I think we all try to stay within basic boundaries, like not wearing a pink bikini bottom to grocery store, but we can still be ourselves within reason. I think such things shaving your legs, wearing panties and panty hose, doing your nails, wearing long hair, etc., are all things that you can do quietly and fairly discreetly, without creating a riot.

After all, why would someone be staring at your legs?

I love your avatar or is that you?!

The only person you would have to explain it to is your SO, and if she's cool with it then go for it! Who knows, she might even prefer it, especially when you're wearing pantyhose for her.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HalloweenDragon View Post
    My personal experience with shaving is if I shave everday, I get less ingrown hairs. As soon as I let it go more than a day or two.....omg it is itch city!
    OMG its itch city with me also with in a 24 hour period....feel like my thighs r on fire,,and the more i scratch the more it itches

Go for it shave those legs, I shave my legs and I dont care who sees them, doctors could care less about it. and a massage therapist will be very understanding. I have been asked by my massage therapist why I shaved my body and legs, I told her that I am a crossdresser, she was really understanding. She has told me if I wanted to wear a dress when I make an office visit I was welcome to. I have not yet done that yet, but I soon will.
    You will not regret it, you have your wifes blessing, so go for it.

(not a whale)
    Because I can? It's not really a big deal for me since my leg hair is blonde enough that it's hard to notice anyway. Plus it makes using tinted lotion a lot easier.

Platinum Member
    i don't care i shave and don't hide it at all no big deal who See's it ... legs arms and armpits ... my hunting buds are as redneck as they come .... i got some ribbing from them .... out of the whole group i am the only one that has not got Lyme disease from being bit by ticks lol there is no were for the ticks to hide on me.....

In my experience, no one really bothers or cares. I have never been asked by anyone........ even the guys on the football (Soccer) team have never asked.

I don't think you need an excuse. If on the offchance someone does ask, just tell them because you like to.

I shave my legs and wear panties all the time. I no longer have male underwear. My wife is fine with this. and I have been to the doctor, no one has said a word. Go for it!

Aspiring Member
    I agree with all the others, If your wife is OK with it and the only other people you seem worried about are the doctor and massuse then go for it. The feeling is great and it makes your legs in stockings and heels look ton's better.
    Its the first time I have put a photo of my legs on the avatar and only cos I think they look good.
    I wish I could shave all the time and my wife would go for it................
    I have only shaved only twice in 28 years. Last weekend the lot came off and after a bad day with the wife I promised to let them grow back, the hairs have just started to grow back and its saddening.

Back before I told my wife about my CDing, I started shaving my legs and chest. Wife asked why I was shaving my legs and chest. I told her that the lotion I used for my dry skin and itch made the hair on my legs and chest sticky. So I started shaving the hair off and now it feels better. I also told her that my legs felt cooler shaved. She now says I take more time in the bathroom than most women she knows.

First of all, I have found that nobody cares that I shave.

Second, last fall I had a routine colonoscopy done. And I bet the doctor and nurses were quite happy I was shaved all around there for them!
    Last edited by sybercom11; 01-21-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Oh for crying out loud. Another thread about worrying what poeple say. Listen. Listen hard. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR SHAVED LEGS!!. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING WOMENS UNDERWEAR. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING MAKE-UP.....If you want smooth legs then shave them. PERIOD.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Perhaps you could answer with a question...if you really don't have an answer that works...."why would you like to know?"

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

The best excuse is really your own reason for removing the hair.

For me, smooth skin is much better. It looks nicer, it feels nicer, and is embarassing when I wear a skirt.

Currently I am getting my legs waxed, but am seriously thinking about laser (although that will wait until after my face is done first).
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    If your S.O. is OK with it, don't worry, it's
    doubtful that anyone else will make an
    issue of it.

cindi ann

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Does anybody ask why you cut your head hair long ? Chest or any other hair is there to be styled the way you like it. Nobody cares how you do it, even if you think that they notice. Well, they might just notice, but they do not go any further than that. The donot notice nor do they care enought ot be bothered.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Another thread about worrying what poeple say. Listen. Listen hard. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR SHAVED LEGS!!. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING WOMENS UNDERWEAR. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING MAKE-UP.....If you want smooth legs then shave them. PERIOD.
    Can we take it you are getting fed up with threads like this then?...Just don,t read them!!

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    My SO is totally cool with it and likes it that way now. When friends ask, "do you shave your legs"? I just say or my SO says "Yup, I hate hair", period. It's better that way. Who cares...

Also, I've never had anyone that doesn't know me like a doctor even care.

why an explanation?

Up to I have never been asked. If I were, I'd just smile and tell them "I like it"!

I understand...

I was also very worried when I first shaved away all that I could... The first times in the summer when I used short-sleeved shirts I was terrified. At the gym, I felt awkward using shorts. Well, now I am slightly disappointed that nobody has ever asked anything... so now I don't care. I am not sure if nobody noticed or if they were polite enought not to ask. If someone asked, I would simply say, I like it this way. The most important point: your SO likes it. Just go ahead!

Valerie

I have never had anybody say anything about my shaved legs. I have even had a memorial tattoo done on my left upper thigh. no comment on the shaving, and the tattooest is a friend.

Kymmie

what to do

Among other things, take a look at a lot of the young men in magazines like Mens Health. they appear to shave legs, chest, back, everything. You response should be tailored to the questioner, although in the last 2 years I have shaved everything I have never been asked. Family and friends should be something like "It's more comfortable". I can't imagine a stranger even saying anything, nor should you feel obligated to respond.
    Karen Francis

I say go for it nobody really cares,

Quote Originally Posted by waspookie6 View Post
    Yes, it is tricky but he shaved with the direction of the hair, not against it. That first time helped but he had a few come up, after having to spend a bit more time doing it right (also with super moisturizing shaving gel, not creme) it reduced them down to one or two every few months.

Bicyclists, wrestlers, tennis players, pretty much any sport at all or hobby that will make you sweat are shaved or waxed. Especially pro sports. I don't think asking a 300lb linebacker why he has his legs waxed comes up.
    When I played high school football, a lot of the guys on my team(me included) shaved our legs. Have you ever had to remove tape from hairy legs? I've never waxed, but if it hurts as much as removing tape after a game, how do you girls stand it?
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"

I don't think comparing yourself to a 300 lb. linebacker or professional bodybuilder will convince many people that shaving your legs is normal unless you're really built.

The same thing kinda goes for shaving your chest... If you're in really good shape, shaving your chest doesn't even get a second glance -- there are a lot of guys at the gym who do, but it just looks a little funny seeing a flabby ghost-white guy with a shaved chest.

I'm not criticizing people who don't spend their life in the gym. I'm just saying if that's you I think it's much more reasonable to just say, "Hey, I like it so I do it," instead of trying to compare yourself to a professional model or athlete.