Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has CDing changed your tv viewing?

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar

Has CDing changed your tv viewing?

I am finding that most times when I see a gg on screen I start thinking things such as "would I like to wear that outfit?" or "what shade of eye shadow is that?". Also I quite often watch fashion hours on the shopping channels.

Of course I never used to do either of those things in the past, and so I was wondering if other CDs tv viewing has become more feminine-oriented over the years?
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Mostly it helps me appreciate more just how Samantha Carter can shoot the bad guys and save the Universe at the same time and still look good.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My wife and I are always making comments about the ladies on T V ..
    What they are wearing, their figures, or hair.. Makes me jealous..

Yep. I love The Devil Wears Prada. I dont think I'd watch a film like that and enjoy it so much if I wasn't a CD. Its one of them films I dont tell many people I really enjoyed.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    For some reason I always notice eyebrows now. But I also will look at how the women dress and if it looks good on them or not.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

If I weren't a crossdresser I'd be watching a lot more ESPN and less Style network.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Without question I pay close attention to how females on the shows I watch do their make-up and note the clothing worn that I think I might look good in. No question it has changed how I view all TV that has females as part of the show. Even the news.

Now I ask myself the question, "how would that look on me?". Other than that my tv viewing is the same. I don't actively seek it however now and again something catches my interest in the way of clothing which hasn't before.

My television viewing has changed - I watch style makeover shows, wedding shows, take special note of what the women are wearing.

One of my favorite women on television is Dayle Hinman, the FBI profiler on Tru TV/Court TV "Body of Evidence" - she is about my age and I like her look - nice skirt suits.

Deep down I've always known that I was a CD'r even though years ago I thought I'd get put away or something if anybody found out. I'm in my fifties and I've always geared a great deal of my TV watching according to what the women's clothing was like in certain shows or movies. There are TV reruns,old movies and variety shows that I've tuned in just to see a 4 or 5 minute segment that featured an actress in something nice. I had the Oxygen Network where I was living 3 years ago and I watched a lot of Xena reruns and "Absolutely Fabulous",too. But we don't have that where I live now. I have a 20 inch TV in my bedroom but cable is getting so expensive we may stop having it eventually. I'm thinkin' about doing more DVD's and VHS tapes of which I have about a hundred anyway and just having the regular channels for like news and weather. We're not on the south end of the building so we can't do a satelite dish and we had digital cable for awhile maybe 4 years ago but it's not that economical. I apologize for getting a little long winded but I've always seen TV with the eyes of a crossdresser.

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    One thing that does happen now is that with some regular presenters I think "Oh, she's wearing that outfit again and it didn't look too good the first time!"

"In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Platinum Member
    from an FtM TS perspective, i tend to now unconsciously watch out for educational programs on transitioning and surgery alot more than i did before i came out

What's this TV thing you speak of? I'm much too busy using my computer or reading a good book to have come across one . . .

I find myself watching more fashion makeover shows and tear-jerker movies than I used to.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

i spent hours watching the same reruns of 'sheer cover makeup' with melisa gilbert, forget the other one the hostess of the programme oh just rememberd 'liza gibbons' - now i would never have watched that a few years back let alone order some of it 'it makes your face look flawless' thats good enough for me !

80 where the best

i love watching the 80's shows and movies......it seems like all the women on the shows wore skirts and pantyhose ooohhhhhhhhh

watched one the other night that was partly filmed in a gym and the women all had on leotards and hose.....man i wish for this again

just read an article in a magazine that said nude colored hose were out and a fashion "do not". needed councilling after this one

anyway i also spend to much time watching fashion shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Without question I pay close attention to how females on the shows I watch do their make-up and note the clothing worn that I think I might look good in. No question it has changed how I view all TV that has females as part of the show. Even the news.
    Me too! As a matter of fact, I'm always checking out women (without staring or being too obvious) to see how they dress, walk, interact, do their hair and make-up, etc.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleCD View Post
    Yep. I love The Devil Wears Prada. I dont think I'd watch a film like that and enjoy it so much if I wasn't a CD. Its one of them films I dont tell many people I really enjoyed.
    I watched that just a couple of nights ago. I was in heaven for the entire film ! Loved the outfits !

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I certainly enjoy watching a number of TV programmes that I wouldn't admit to if I wasn't a crossdresser; ("Strictly Come Dancing" for one!) I also enjoy having a little weep over rom-coms and chick-flicks.

Also, as others have said, I do find myself carefully examining the clothes and make-up worn by the leading actresses.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    No it hasn't changed my TV viewing in the slightest.
    I figure out what I'm going to watch in advance and I try and stick to it.
    And I never, ever, ever, EVER watch daytime television!

I guess I'm with the majority. I watch how the GG's present themselves, dress, etc., and my wife and I sit and critique them TOGETHER!!!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Louise View Post
    I was wondering if other CDs tv viewing has become more feminine-oriented over the years?
    Since I started dressing about 3 years ago, I've been watching less TV than ever before -- it wasn't much before.

Who has time to watch TV when there is shopping to do?

I watch soaps and the news... I don't know which is more depressing
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I do with respect to some shows. Like "Ghost Whisperer" and "Desperate Housewives".
    DonnaT

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Women's programming has always been my preference. I especially love the fashion-oriented offerings, such as "Project Runway", "How Do I Look?", and "What Not To Wear".
    'Course, I've been fascinated with the beautiful clothing of actresses since first viewing "Gone With The Wind"!