Thread: A wonderful day

Dreams of being a bride

A wonderful day

Hi

I'm sorry to post this as it may seem irrelevant and Ive already posted some details on the clothing area but I have today enjoyed a very special day

Basically I need a dress for an event at start of February and I recently found an understanding dressmaker (not easy in my part of the UK : )

Anyway after going to the dressmakers about 2 weeks ago to talk about the dress I need I today went for a fitting

I spent 90mins standing on a table while the lady at the dressmakers adjusted the dress until It became a perfect fit

I was treated as any other girl would be totally enjoyed myself

Ive never felt so girly ever it was just a wonderful feeling to be standing in my dress having it fitted onto me while having a girly chat and a glass of wine

I'm sorry for my enthusiasm but today was really nice and very fun

So often one has bad days and negative days but a day like today makes them all feel a million miles away

What a great experience! I'm sure you will look lovely in that dress for your event and you will make many happy memories while wearing it.

~C

How wonderful! I'll bet that you had a great time and felt terrific. You'll look terrific in the dress, I'm sure.
    On a couple of occasions, I have had a sales associate give me particularly nice attention. At those times, I've felt so special, so girly, and so confident. Yesterday, I went shopping and I returned to a dress shop that I've gone to several times. The time before this one, I bought a skirt and a top--really cute, I thought--, so yesterday I wore that outfit. I was so happy when the sales associate recognized me and complimented me on how "really nice" the outfit looked on me. She made my day.
    I hope that your dress makes you and your evening absolutely wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    warmly, Linnea

It is easy to see why you are so excited! You are experiencing a wonderful time in your life. What girl gg or tg would not be excited having a dress fitted just for you. Enjoy your new dress and cherish the memories you make while wearing it!

Eileen

It sounds like you have a wonderful time. Everytime I go out dressed and someone calls me "Mam or Honey or Sweetie" or some form of fem expression, It makes me feel so good. I am sure some read me but never had anyone not refer to me in the masculian mode. In a few rare cases, I have been considered female even in drab. That always makes me smile.

How simply wonderful for you. One of those little things I've always wanted to do. While it's fun to try on different things in a store, being "fitted" for something that is just for you makes it so much more special.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It sounds like a wonderful and very enjoyable experiance. I,m not surprised you wanted to tell everyone Memories like that are to be treasured..Debs

Dreams of being a bride
    I'm still feeling good after yesterday

Plus Ive had the fun of wearing my new gown

Its a wonderful dress and I feel like a princess when I have this dress on and can be all girly and twirl around and feel all the skirts rubbing against my legs.

The dress is a princess dress it has a pink top and several skirt layers - the waist has a big bow at the back and some fancy stitching - the outer skirt has lots of bows and glitter and decorative flowers on it plus a frilly hem

Yesterday I had a loverly time wearing my dress while it was being adjusted it was such fun. I must say however it was somewhat hard standing still and calm while the dressmaker sewed the dress as I was so enjoying myself I wanted to dance around and jump up and down.
    Last edited by cd4l; 01-22-2008 at 09:01 PM.

I suspect you will be feeling good for some time to come. How fantastic for you! Having a dress made so that it fits perfectly is certainly in my top 10 list. You are sooo lucky.
    Kathy

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable experience, and I hope that the event you are going to becomes just as enjoyable. There is noting like the feeling of getting a new dress and wearing it out in public. Treasure these moments as best you can.
    Striving for acceptance.

I loved this post, And Good for you!!
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

What a beautiful dress. Have you, or are you going to post a pciture? I can just imagine how it looks. No wonder you are so thrilled about it all-the experience of the fitting topped by the piece de resistance, the dress itself. Congrats!

Where is your dressmaker based? There was a thread not long ago, asking for addresses in the UK..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful day, indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed it, sweetie!
    Love

Lynne

Aspiring Model/Actress Jennifer Lynndon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melora View Post
    I loved this post, And Good for you!!

Well said, Sweetie!

Enjoy your day!

Never be sorry or apologetic for enjoying yourself unless it was at someone else's expense.

what a sweet story! Wish I was close to her! I'd have her make me a dress, too!
    And she gives you wine???!!! What did you talk about??? Tell us???
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

Dreams of being a bride
    A quick update went to my event yesterday another simply excellent day, at 5pm an understanding gg friend of mine came did my hair and make up then helped me into the dress as she was also attending the event she gave me a lift

The event was a works event and all the people I work with are fine with me (my boss is very strict on people treating others with respect so any persons in the business found to be bullying anyone are soon dismissed).

I had a wonderful night really enjoyed it - hope my boss don't find this out but the best part was having my princess dress on once again

Also I have a family member who works as a photographer coming to visit later this month and he has kindly said he will take some photos of me in the dress so I can put some on here and the other websites I use

No need to be sorry hun you've just had a real girly experience and deserve the right to the enthusiasm hun girl you rock.
    Angie