Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has A Therapist Ever Asked You To Come To Your Next Session En Femme?

Has A Therapist Ever Asked You To Come To Your Next Session En Femme?

OR have you had a therapist support your crossdressing?

My therapist was always impartial and neutral. Crossdressing or not was always left up to me and my comfort level.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

oh yes after my 3rd visit my Therapist said next week i want to meet Marissa . only problem was mj was not out in the real world . well i did meet her as mj , and after that meeting was when i went full time .. and had no regrets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not a little girl
    She didn't have to, I started out that way!

As far as I was concerned, it was the only way to prove that I was serious!

But then I had already accepted myself and went to the therapist to obtain my first letter.

That would have been difficult to do as I went during work and I could not work dressed, working with ten other guys. The therapist never asked me to dress, but she frequently said that 'crossdressing was not illegal, it was ok to do so, and that I could do what ever I wanted, and that if I was happy wearing panties, a bra and a dress, then by all means, put a dress on.'

I went to my therapist in drag to partly surprise him and to show how I will shop in drag so that I don't get a gay reputation. He's ok with it and said I'm passable, and he guessed it was me in the waiting room.

I don't go to therapy sessions.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

First and every visit since has been as Jenna. My therapist has never seen my male side.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't go to therapy either, but if I did and the therapist asked me to come to sessions dress, I would do it.
    warmly, Linnea

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Never been to one, even though I have been told many times I should. Thats because my wife is Bi-Polar and has other mental issues
    Drumming, My other hobby

I don't go to one either. If I need to talk to someone, my wife or the dog or the cat are always available. My wife is almost as understanding as the other two....BJ

Laura Claire Greenhall
    I do not attend these things; I am happy to prance around the house, knowing I am doing it in the strictest of secretivity

Aspiring Member
    hey, i got an idea!!! im paying you blah, blah, an hr. why dont we go shopping???you wanta see me at my finest? or just drop by the house and see. your not paying me to give you the answeres im paying you! boy wouldnt that go over huh?

Gold Member
    I used to go to a therapist [actually a clinical social worker] when I thought I was TS. It was just to get on HRT. She did ask to meet Erin. NO big deal, I went in as Erin after that.

I quit going cause one time I had to take my then 3 year old on count of no babysitter, and she asked my son "So what makes you cry?" like she was wanting to see if he was abused or something. His response was "When I get spanked for doing something bad".
    After that I never went back to her.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I've never been to a therapist, even though it would probably be the best thing for me. I've had things in my head for years, plus the new found love for womens clothing is simply to much for my poor bi-polar self to take.

I don't know if I could go in femme mode though, I haven't really established that part of me just yet. :shrug:

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    When I WAS in therapy, I went twice dressed for my Doc. She always told me I was welcome to come dressed however I felt most comfortable.... It was awesome. She made me feel quite at ease. We have since moved on, but Dr. F was AWESOME! I miss her....

Aspiring Member
    After my divorce I went to one a few times and he ask that I bring the clothes in but I never did and shortly there after I stopped going.
    He never said anything just let me do all the talking, never made a comment, nothing.
    Decided that if I done all the talking and never heard a comment one way or another I could take a walk in a park and talk to myself and come up with a reason as to why I do it and what I need to do.

Hi

I told my therapist about my crossdressing after I told my partner Lori. I had been seeing this therapist for several years, going back to my first marriage, but CDing never came up.

I went to a session crossdressed once. I didn't tell him I was planning to, but we had talked about it prior to that and he didn't seem to care one way or another. That was early on and I never did it again. He got to see it and that seemed to be sufficient.

I think I would be concerned if a therapist insisted a little too much that a crossdressing patient come to sessions crossdressed. In my case I was not inhibited about discussing my CDing. I can imagine that if a patient discloses it but is then reluctant to discuss it, a therapist may try to draw the patient out. But I think a professional should know when to back off.

I guess the question is: if a therapist is trying to persuade a patient to come to sessions crossdressed, what signs would you look for that suggest that maybe the therapist is not acting in the best interests of the patient?

First I made sure to get a appointment with a female figuring it would be easier to tell her then another male. I went to go see one for marital reasons but told her right out. She was very supportive and told me there was nothing wrong with it. She even told the now ex-wife there was nothing wrong with it and asked her why it was ok for her to wear pants.

I'm just going to my second session with my therapist Monday. If she ever asks me to come dressed I would be more that happy to come. If I could just get past my wife, she has me going there to stop dressing. That will never happen.
    Striving for acceptance.

My therapist supported the dressing. I did go semi-dressed one time. Wore sweater, tights, shoes, bra, but no skirt. Live in a conservative area and she said that I was really pushing it coming in as I did. I was able to wear pantyhose or tights if I wanted to after that and a skirt under my pants but couldn't show anything to fem in the lobby. I told her I initially got rid of all of my Teresa belongings and she actually yelled at me for purging. Good luck!!

Took over a year before went to therapist as Molly. It was more the encouragement of my sister and Mom that gave me the courage to go, Had been out and about as Molly mainstreaming well before that,,,but it was just the thought that going to someone who I have bared my soul to on many issues that made me a little hesitiant at first. After that first visit it was 90% thereafter as Molly for the next two years, In fact I think going as Molly helped acellerate the process and no need for therapy on many issues....being yourself helps the revelation process

I was never asked by the therapist to come enfemme and I never asked to do it. I just showed up one time enfemme. I had the opportunity to do it and I was going out enfemme after wards anyway. So it just made the going out afterwards easier.

I think I kind of surprised her a bit and some others in the office. It was Christian based counseling group part of a seminary school. Long story.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Never asked to, but I did show up at my second or third session as Kandis. She was glad I felt comfortable enough with her to come in dressed up. It was an exhilerating experience I can assure you.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I had a lot of issues after splitting with my wife, [things from my past included] crossdressing was just one of them. My therapist helped me through a tough time and also made me realise crossdressing wasn,t the the issue i thought it was. The offer to go to sessions as Debs was always there if i wanted it but once i,d accepted my femme side i didn,t feel the need to go there "dressed up".